2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
September 12, 2011, 1:17pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Crawley manager on the defensive

This week's "telling it like it is" award goes once again to Crawley's straight-shooting manager Steve Evans, who saw his team hammered 6-0 at Morecambe on Saturday.

When you consider Crawley are the Manchester City of League Two, and favourites for the title, it was a result that few predicted - least of all Evans. And the man expected to lead the Red Devils to promotion was clearly fuming after the game. "I think we were quite fortunate Morecombe didn't score 12. We were that poor," he said.

Evans' best was to come. "If you've got a young centre-back who can't defend, you're going to leak goals. But it's not about naming individuals," he said. Based on that quote you wouldn't fancy 20-year-old Charlie Wassmer's chances of being in the starting line-up next time out.

The above is quoted from ESPN's website. What sort of manager singles out a young centre back after a 6-0 defeat? Surely Evans must have had confidence in him to put him in the team in the first place, especially when he only signed in the summer?!

Logged Offline
Private Message
the Grimbarian
September 12, 2011, 1:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Its just like another manager pointing out his player after his team has had a hammering but its life if youre not doing your job properly

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Bignic69
September 12, 2011, 1:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
That guy is an utter c0ck

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
the Grimbarian
September 12, 2011, 1:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Whos bothered!!

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
STB
September 12, 2011, 1:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Brilliant manager at a lower level but very easy to dislike IMO.
Sort of a fat, dishonest Slade.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
biggles9999
September 12, 2011, 1:26pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
The difference is in life if I wasnt performing in my workplace its unlikely that your manager would flash it all over the internal newsletter, let alone national press.

It would be dealt with 1-1, exactly how Evans shouldve handled it. Im not going to name names but this guy is at fault? I'd be very surprised if one player was at fault for a 6-0 defeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
gtfc98
September 12, 2011, 1:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14858725.stm
I'm not a massive fan of Di Canio but this made me chuckle.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
STB
September 12, 2011, 1:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from biggles9999
The difference is in life if I wasnt performing in my workplace its unlikely that your manager would flash it all over the internal newsletter, let alone national press.

It would be dealt with 1-1, exactly how Evans shouldve handled it. Im not going to name names but this guy is at fault? I'd be very surprised if one player was at fault for a 6-0 defeat.

Footballers play in front of the public, it is national news if they are good or sh1t.
Massive focus on Crawley at the moment and if Evans wants to say what has happened, then good on him.
Crawley have had a successful investment in a very short period of time, there will be bad days!
I'd love a gobby manager if we were 4th in L2.
In fact we have got a sweary shouty fellow, let's hope he continues to be mental when we get promoted - sorry about the optimism.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
psgmariner
September 12, 2011, 1:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Got owned by Di Canio:

"I've never heard his name," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire.

"I don't have anything to say to a person who is one of a million people talking about me in the world."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14858725.stm

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
the Grimbarian
September 12, 2011, 2:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Id luv to be where Crawley are in the League than where we are!!

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Steve Evans.....again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.