Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trendy, right on, Guardian reader me....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 106 Guests

Trendy, right on, Guardian reader me....

This thread currently has 467 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
September 12, 2011, 12:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Was conforming to the Guardian reader norm today (as opposed to Bladerunner's rabid type ) and turning my old Guardians into paper briquettes for our coal fire this winter. Simple process really, tearing up the paper and turning it into a papier mache type pulp in water, then squeezing it in my paper briquette making machine (purchased from the Guardian a few years back) I've always felt a contented, even smug, satisfaction at recycling my old papers thus. However, there haven't been enough to make a decent stockpile for winter so my wife has been asking her friends to save us their old papers as well. Joy of joys when we discovered they all read either the Mail, Express or Telegraph. So now, when the fire's burning away brightly I no longer need to feel smug any more, I can think "Burn you Tory scum press!" Can't wait for the first blizzard......

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
kingofthekippers
September 12, 2011, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
I bet you eat houmous and drink real ale  . I suspect you also have a bushy beard, wear an old panama hat and watch re-runs of Open University programmes from 1976 on a betamax recorder.

The Mail is quite a good burner (all that gas within it helps and there is a lot of fat on Richard Littlejohn) but the Express is not so good; it gives off a lot of light but little heat.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trendy, right on, Guardian reader me....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.