This thread currently has 888 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
September 12, 2011, 6:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
On several occasions. I wonder why you ask.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
jock dock tower
September 12, 2011, 7:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from codcheeky
has anyone met a competant cop????/

I've met a competent cop.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
voice of reason
September 12, 2011, 12:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Yes, but like with everything else it's the incompetent ones that get the attention... Ya know like GTFC fans at Burton, not all went on the rampage but that was how it was made out, not all doctors are shite at Grimsby hospital but they are the ones who get the attention...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
davmariner
September 12, 2011, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from codcheeky
has anyone met a competant cop????/

Let me guess... You got done and it wasn't your fault?  

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
bladerunnner
September 17, 2011, 7:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from davmariner

Let me guess... You got done and it wasn't your fault?  

well its like this officer,someone forced me to drink ten pints and then forced me to drive my car and kill someone.....................but it ain't my fault...............if only you knew what a shite job the police has become,taken money from them and forced them to do more hours for free,i bet if you got treat like this in your job you would be up in arms?  im guessing youv'e been fined for acting like a pillock?  its quite simple,don't break the law and you'll be fine.....what part of this do some grimsby people struggle with?

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
kingofthekippers
September 17, 2011, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from bladerunnner

well its like this officer,someone forced me to drink ten pints and then forced me to drive my car and kill someone.....................but it ain't my fault...............if only you knew what a shite job the police has become,taken money from them and forced them to do more hours for free,i bet if you got treat like this in your job you would be up in arms?  im guessing youv'e been fined for acting like a pillock?  its quite simple,don't break the law and you'll be fine.....what part of this do some grimsby people struggle with?

Welcome to the real world of the private sector. My employer's staffing cutbacks mean I work around 42 hours a week but get paid for 35. My union made a few noises but to no avail. My salary and benefits are nowhere near that of a police officer. Don't get me wrong: They do a hard job but it is well remunerated witrh plenty of Spanish practices.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
bladerunnner
September 17, 2011, 9:23pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from codcheeky
been in crown court for 2 weeks on a charge that was ridiculous... jury took 5 mins.... the police were devious and dishonest to a point they became the best witness for defence, they were so poor and so obviously incompetent that the officer got laughed at while giving evidence, more than this he was in my opinion dangerously negligent. when police moan  about cuts and bring a case like this all they do is alienate people. What sort of slant he put on it to get the CPS to take it to court is a complete mystery.Was 3 of us charged so 3 barristers , a judge, prosecutors, all the other court staff jury , guards etc the cost must have run easily into 6 figures. I know my barrister will be writing to the CPS about the police in this case.  this is my first dealings with the police in anything like this and before this would have been one of the first to back them. The police have a well paid job and they are supposed to be public servants, I have had my own business for over 20 years(when times are harder i have to take lower profits, I have no fantastic pension scheme and will probably have to retire nearer 70 than 65 & have had to lay hard working people off for the duration of this farce) and know if i had an employee this incompetent  he would be dismissed immediately, he will probably just be told better luck next time.
no-one has forced anyone in the police to do anything .... if they dont like the pay and  conditions they should resign and get another job

then who would you ring when people are breaking into your home,or pushing drugs onto your kids? your case does sound strange to me if you don't mind me asking what did they try to get you with? you don't have to post it on here if you don't want to but i would be interested to see what made the officer go to such lengths and expense. im sorry to hear of your situation regarding your job etc, i have got a few mates that are police officers and trust me they are blokes with homes and kids just like you and me,the stories they tell me would make your stomach churn regarding grisly findings etc,and yes there are some right bell-ends in the police service they tend to be the ones under 30 yrs,not the "old hands" like my mates. iv'e been privy to info about the behavior  of some of them, the lads i know would leave the job tomorrow but what other jobs could they do and more to the point what jobs are out there...................exactly none.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
aldi_01
September 18, 2011, 8:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
To be fair, if you ring the police after you've been burgled they do buggerall anyway. The only way they are interested is if you say you've got the illegitimate by throat and you'll fill him in. As for drug dealing, who knows, again it's one that never seems to get stopped but then you have to look at the bigger picture I suppose, what is worse? The small time dealer selling the odd E and excrement deals of weed to kids or do you stop it at source and take out the big time supplier of all drugs who is making thousands illegally? Drugs will never stop and in fairness, it's kids dealing to kids these days so the situation is getting worse...

The police, just like healthcare and education, along with many private sector jobs are data driven. How many were charged with this offence, how many with something else etc and this is one of the reasons why some crimes are low priority, similarly why every now and again you get a rape/murder/ other serious case gets reopened. I know justice needs to be done but truth is, it's only done because they need to fill in some tracking and data sheets. All rather sad if you ask me...

On a side note, people also have little faith in the justice system which isn't the polices fault but they still get the flack for it. A member of staff was assaulted badly at work, several witnesses, excellent, state of the art CCTV footage and pretty much an admission from the perpetrator yet all charges were dropped on account of not enough evidence. All that proof, not to mention a 2 inch gash around half n inch deep on the victim. Very frustrating.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › police

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.