1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Youngy
September 11, 2011, 4:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
There was 2 things that really struck me about the game yesterday, was the team sprit and the fitness of the squad

When the teams came out yesterday all of the subs made a beeline to the starting 11 to give them a shake of the hand and wish them good luck for the game and after the game the players made a point of congratulating each other quickly. To me, it looks like the squad are a closed knit bunch and judging by the levels of work rate, are really willing to run through brick walls for each other which can only be a positive thing. It's also nice seeing our 2 centre backs being vocal and organising things in front of them.

Also I was impressed how the players seem to keep the same energy levels up for the full 90, players like Hearn and Wood where still running at full pace going into injury time.

In the words of our great (joint) boss 'One swollow dosn't make a summer' however I've seen enough positive things in our last 4 games (even in defeat) to suggest that this team has the potential to achieve something. Winning will bring the team even closer together and I certaintly feel alot more confident then I did after 'that night in Braintree'
Logged Offline
Private Message
chicaneuk
September 11, 2011, 5:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I would agree with that to an extent. The only thing that makes me disagree with you was watching them in the defeat to Gateshead a few weeks back where there seemed to be a lot of beef and blaming of each other for the various mistakes and missed opportunities.

But again I would certainly agree that on the performance yesterday, and watching the team before and after they did look much more close knit and team focussed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 6:46pm
Guest User
Two good posts.

Think Youngy is right but it's always easier to be close knit, enthusiastic, look good etc when you're already winning.
It's how you deal with those times of adversity that's arguably more important, but like Scott says even when we went down 2 goals to Darlo we didn't let our heads drop.
Can the same be said away from home ? No idea - wasn't there.
Reply: 2 - 5
TownSNAFU5
September 11, 2011, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
As an example, Bradley Wood gets some stick for his passing and distribution.  Even yesterday.  However, he tries 100% and is arguably the heart and soul of the team.  He always keep going to support the team in any position.

.In the last 15 mins yesterday he  supported the attacks down the right wing.  His first senior goal was just reward for his efforts.

He is still very young and will develop with good coaching, games and experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
pontoon army
September 11, 2011, 8:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
I was at the club photoshoot and most of the jokes seemed to revolve around Duffy and McKeown. Now Duffy has started scoring and the fans have got off his back a little, his confidence has massively boosted, so maybe the morale is better...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
the Grimbarian
September 12, 2011, 4:47am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
Quoted from Youngy
There was 2 things that really struck me about the game yesterday, was the team sprit and the fitness of the squad

When the teams came out yesterday all of the subs made a beeline to the starting 11 to give them a shake of the hand and wish them good luck for the game and after the game the players made a point of congratulating each other quickly. To me, it looks like the squad are a closed knit bunch and judging by the levels of work rate, are really willing to run through brick walls for each other which can only be a positive thing. It's also nice seeing our 2 centre backs being vocal and organising things in front of them.

Also I was impressed how the players seem to keep the same energy levels up for the full 90, players like Hearn and Wood where still running at full pace going into injury time.

In the words of our great (joint) boss 'One swollow dosn't make a summer' however I've seen enough positive things in our last 4 games (even in defeat) to suggest that this team has the potential to achieve something. Winning will bring the team even closer together and I certaintly feel alot more confident then I did after 'that night in Braintree'

Even after the game im not convinced that everything is hunky dory with the team especially with Hayes looking poor like they did its ok doing this for ONE game but we need to be doing this with anyone home or away and going back to the Braintree result this proves it all in black and white the next few games will prove if weve moved up a notch but beating Hayes isnt going to mean a lot unless we carry this on over the season

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team Spirit And Fitness

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.