September 11, 2011, 12:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I have only managed to get a couple of games up to now,

BUT

What a difference, at Braintree we did not look like scoring and could not defend,

Yesterday we looked like we would score on every attack and could have scored 6  or 7 at least, plus our defence were solid in every department,

I am sorry for all the doubts I had about S + H,   I  now think they do know what they are doing and with a little bit of luck, we will make the play offs at least.

Green looks a good player and we should sign him up now,

Hearn looks like he will score every time he gets in the box and he WILL start knocking them in on a regular basis very soon,

Pearson and Kempson form a good partnership and Bradley will always be my choice for the No.2 spot,

Didsley looked a different player from Braintree and looks a really good player,

All the other players did a very professional job,

BUT

I would like to see Eagle start the games with Serge being used as our super sub,

I will be in hospital for a op next week so I will do my Stockport predictions today,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
sutton mariner
September 11, 2011, 1:05pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Good luck with the op mate!!
UTM

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
CatchOfTheDay
September 11, 2011, 1:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
Yeah good luck hope everything goes ok
And I think eagle should start over serge I think serge is more of a impact sub than eagle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 1:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Wouldn/t be at all surprised if they're just playing head games with Eagle, and that we'll see more and more of him as the season goes on - and that we'll also see a much better player (a la Serge and Duffs) by the time he is featuring regularly.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
BIGChris
September 11, 2011, 3:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

I will be in hospital for a op next week so I will do my Stockport predictions today,

Hope the genital warts are successfully removed Pete
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
ponnyfan
September 11, 2011, 4:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Sorry I missed you yesterday Pete, there is a pint with your name on it in the Ponny wallet   Hope your bottom lift is successful and you are ok !  UTM !  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
bradzmilne
September 11, 2011, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Eagle looked good IMO and to be honest i didnt really rate him last year but he does seem alot fitter and stronger (maybe a full pre season under his belt?) on saturday i think we should start eagle and bring makofo on as a impact sub around the 70 minute mark. Serge could honestly rip tired defenders up and could create alot of chances. If were chasing a game or it is tight it will be a great asset. Almost forgot, Good luck for your op pete  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
RoboCod
September 11, 2011, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Pete, if you were wearing your Town top with Luna on it, as in your avatar, then I saw you! We went in Upper Findus for a change and I saw your shirt just disappear into the stairwell as i was about to shout Grimsby Pete !! Best of luck with your op though.

After over 30 years of being a Pontoonite I am about to change my affinity to Upper Findus, found it altogether more calm, with those around me sounding patient and knowledgeable. Or was I just lucky in my choice of seat ???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 11, 2011, 5:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have only managed to get a couple of games up to now,

BUT

What a difference, at Braintree we did not look like scoring and could not defend,

Yesterday we looked like we would score on every attack and could have scored 6  or 7 at least, plus our defence were solid in every department,

I am sorry for all the doubts I had about S + H,   I  now think they do know what they are doing and with a little bit of luck, we will make the play offs at least.

Green looks a good player and we should sign him up now,

Hearn looks like he will score every time he gets in the box and he WILL start knocking them in on a regular basis very soon,

Pearson and Kempson form a good partnership and Bradley will always be my choice for the No.2 spot,

Didsley looked a different player from Braintree and looks a really good player,

All the other players did a very professional job,

BUT

I would like to see Eagle start the games with Serge being used as our super sub,

Agree wwith all that except, i thought we did look like scoring at braintree until 40th min.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
upthestripes
September 11, 2011, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from RoboCod
After over 30 years of being a Pontoonite I am about to change my affinity to Upper Findus, found it altogether more calm, with those around me sounding patient and knowledgeable. Or was I just lucky in my choice of seat ???

Heard lots of reports of idiots in the UF, but got to be honest I've never heard any of them myself and I've sat all over the place up there.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Two Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.