Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere at BP yesterday
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 100 Guests

Atmosphere at BP yesterday

This thread currently has 1,044 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
September 11, 2011, 4:29am
Guest User
JT on RH commented that there was a happier feel to BP yesterday (when we were only 1-0 up) - with KA adding that it helps the Town players to be more composed on the ball.

Can't help feeling that Scottie's rant may have been one of the best slices of "unprofessionalism" that could have happened. I know if I was a player I'd be impressed that a manager had the balls to confront a bunch of angry morons "fans" to defend the players' efforts. Two wins since...

If we're to get out of this league we need to make BP a place that other sides don't fancy visiting - not one where our players are scared to make a mistake.

UTM!
gobby
September 11, 2011, 7:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 137
JT on RH commented that there was a happier feel to BP yesterday (when we were only 1-0 up) - with KA adding that it helps the Town players to be more composed on the ball.

Can't help feeling that Scottie's rant may have been one of the best slices of "unprofessionalism" that could have happened. I know if I was a player I'd be impressed that a manager had the balls to confront a bunch 2  angry morons "fans" to defend the players' efforts. Two wins since...

If we're to get out of this league we need to make BP a place that other sides don't fancy visiting - not one where our players are scared to make a mistake.

UTM!

adjusted accordingly, the rest that was stood around backed Scott.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
ginnywings
September 11, 2011, 7:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
The atmosphere was convivial because we were on top from the first minute and won the game at a canter.

6 or 7 nil wouldn't have flattered us.If we had struggled and lost to a poor side like we did last season,i feel the atmosphere would have been a tad more hostile.

It's been said many times but it is still true.If the team play good winning football,the atmosphere will get better.It's a measure of how bad we have been,that even at 2-0 and coasting,there were still one or two around me who were panicking every time they got anywhere near our goal,because we have seen us chuck away so many winning positions by dropping deeper and deeper,with the crowd getting more and more agitated as a result.It didn't happen yesterday and it was great to walk away from the ground with all the fans happy and singing the teams praises.

Hope it continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
sinkers13
September 11, 2011, 8:15am

utm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
To be fair to this bunch if we put away the chances we had we would be right up at the top! once Liam Hearn gets one his luck will change and he will be banging them in left right an centre!!! Kempo and Pearson look like they was made to partner each other at the back and mckeown is a brilliant signing in goal!

Look at the start Mansfield made then win a few on the bounce and all of a sudden they are up the top. This is a weird league and I love the fact that we have a couple of managers who don't keep things to themselves and it does show that they care( not sayin woods didn't).

Football is a fickle game and two wins on the spin will give the guys so much confidence! Let's make it a 3rd at Stockport and keep our push going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
aldi_01
September 11, 2011, 9:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We were on top from ko but you are right, had we then gone 1-0 down as we have so many times in the past I think that negative edgy feel would have been there...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Marinerz93
September 11, 2011, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We now have a team that gives it all from the managers through to the players, apart from Braintree which now seems like a wake up call for all.  The passion of the Town fans is well renowned and if the team keeps this up, BP will again become a fortress.  As we climb the table and the team goes on a run the managers and players will be taken aback with the support they will be given, that's the side of us they are yet to see.  They may have been impressed by the fans in the last two games, imagine that support doubled after a decent run and a play off spot position.  Lincoln over Christmas and new year is going to be mental if we are up in the play off places and on a good run.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
aldi_01
September 11, 2011, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Have we not said this before though...regardless of the balderdash a manager can speak, players can speak etc the only thing that creates a positive atmosphere in a ground is a team playing well and winning...truth is, the result is important, well more important...how many times do you see a team play well but get intercourse all?? People want the whole package now, performance and result...lower ticket prices might help too...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
wycombemariner
September 11, 2011, 11:47am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Sai dit before and will say it again, if all the abuse and anger that is channelled at ou own players, was aimed at the oppo players, teams would be shitting their pants coming to BP.  Instead of coming and seeing us as a scalp!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Super Clive
September 11, 2011, 1:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
God its great reading people views after 2 wins my only concern is that the anger will double if we don't beat Stockport that comes with expectation of the last two wins.

Its easy to get carried away, I've done it and I'm sure I will do it again, But we need to be realistic we have made good progress in the last couple of weeks since the infamous rant, of course another win is the main aim but what if we don't get it? will the fans come out in force on the board to moan and moan? and put all that progression back another 3 steps.

IMO we need to be patient we ain't gonna with this league nor will we be safe play off contenders, we have seen it time and time again get a win together and then mess it up causing the fans to get on the back of the team, even if we get Hammered at stockport, lets back the boyes for Ketterting and Wrexham two big home games, we can see what happens when the teams plays well and win, lets back them no matter what, come on town.

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
mariner91
September 11, 2011, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,767
Gold Stars: 262
We've been here before where it looks like we're about to go forwards and we end up going backwards. The next two games are important, lets see what results we get and how we perform in the next two games and that will give us an indication of things to come IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere at BP yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.