supertown
September 10, 2011, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from amanda hugnkiss
so many fickle fans, one minute calling for their heads next they are gods!

Quoted from AdamHaddock
Says a lot about Scott and Hurst's ability to turn failing players around. SWD springs to mind

I couldnt agree more with this comment,

Not really, it shows they clearly underestimated his ability and signed two replacements that dont appear to be as good on high wages.

They are clearly not a fan of duffy and Hearn is not a hitman but rather a tame girl private cat should be called (s)hitman!

They dont like Duffy or Makofo and arguably they have been the best players this season, The two sharp objects know nothing

get back in the kitchen love
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
alvinghammariner
September 10, 2011, 9:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Not really, it shows they clearly underestimated his ability and signed two replacements that dont appear to be as good on high wages.

Or that once they've had a full pre season these two have settled in.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
80sglory
September 11, 2011, 3:55am
Guest User
alvinghammariner, looks like you're spot on.

This is what Duffy himself says in the matchday programme....

""I felt that they[S&H] might not tell me I wasn't in there plans before we had the meeting together and to be fair I couldn't blame them.""

""I started my time here well with goals in my first two appearances and I felt good in my initial four or five games but after that I know I wasn't at my best, things just weren't going my way.""

"Rob puts a lack of pre-season in the summer of 2010 at previous club Mansfield as one of the main reasons for his struggles towards the end of the campaign."

[Won't quote the whole article but it finishes off by saying...]

""All the running you do in pre-season is geared towards getting your fitness up so you can perform right through until the end of the season and I did not have that last year.""

So there you go - from the horses mouth !  
Reply: 22 - 24
sinkers13
September 11, 2011, 8:21am

utm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I was thinking when he got brought off that if I was Duffy I would be well cheesed off for getting subbed but if he wasn't well that's fair do's! Still not impressed with eldin think scarey Spencer does a better job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
barralad
September 11, 2011, 8:56am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Duffy really looks the part at the moment. He has applied himself and turned in some excellent performances. He also seems to have lost some of the desire to argue every decision with the officials, allowing him to concentrate more on his own performance.
This combination appears to have put him above both Spencer and Elding in the pecking order. Hopefully Elding can now go on and show the same levels. Judging by yesterday though he has a lot of work to do.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well Done Rob Duffy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.