This thread currently has 601 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
September 9, 2011, 11:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Just back from a fantastic gig in Dumfries, the legendary Billy Ocean..never realised he was SO small. All the great hits, Red Light spells danger; Love really hurts without you; Out of my dreams and into my car; Caribbean queen; When the going gets tough; The long and winding road, etc. The place was jumping, but I'd have needed Sanatogen before I could do anything like that the noo! He's a fit wee man for his age...must be pushing 70 odd now?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
codcheeky
September 9, 2011, 11:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
just reading the titles makes me wish i were there
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
sands
September 10, 2011, 8:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -7
Approval: +0
Quoted from codcheeky
just reading the titles makes me wish i were there

reading them titles im glad i wasnt there in some shite jock town,each to there own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
jock dock tower
September 10, 2011, 11:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
You're absolutely right about each to their own. I thought the gig was superb....he's a great performer who works hard at putting on an excellent show. The seated audience thought so as well as the majority of them were on their feet dancing at the end. Despite it being "some shite jock town" though, it was only the women wearing skirts!
I think, though, that's what makes tastes in music so different. I like to think I have a wide and diverse taste, as I love soul music, jazz, punk, blues, reggae, prog rock, British r&b from the 60's....in fact, anybody that works hard at putting on a good live music show gets the thumbs up from me. It's a form of entertainment I've yet to see bettered.
Sands - I bet you just love listening to the bagpipes though in the secret of your own room!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Manchester Mariner
September 10, 2011, 2:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Red light spells danger is one of the best songs ever, definitely in my top ten.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
TimMickleburgh
September 10, 2011, 11:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
I quite liked tapping my fingers to "Love on delivery"

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
bladerunnner
September 11, 2011, 8:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from jock dock tower
Just back from a fantastic gig in Dumfries, the legendary Billy Ocean..never realised he was SO small. All the great hits, Red Light spells danger; Love really hurts without you; Out of my dreams and into my car; Caribbean queen; When the going gets tough; The long and winding road, etc. The place was jumping, but I'd have needed Sanatogen before I could do anything like that the noo! He's a fit wee man for his age...must be pushing 70 odd now?

oh dear,what will billy bragg think about you now jock? getting on down to something with not a jot of political left-wing angst!!!!!!!!!!
wind yer neck in wolfie smith,i bet it was a great night out? how did all those skirt wearing neanderthals deal with the disco sound?

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from a classic gig

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.