This thread currently has 1,470 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Career Underdogs
September 9, 2011, 10:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Back to back wins are essential to finally kick start our season.

I firmly believe that if we can beat H&Y on Saturday, and put in a good perfomance, that it will instil the confidence and impetance to push on - hopefully enabling us to shake off the early season dissappointment.

A draw or a defeat would be steps backwards and so I am sincerely keeping everything crossed for the win.

Back to back wins would also come at an ideal time when we can then take the confidence into the Stockport and Kettering games which are games we should be earmarking for wins. We should firmly push for maximum points over the next three games which would set us up nicely to face Wrexham at home.

The league position could look a  lot more healthier come the end of Sept. Lets see shall we.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
September 9, 2011, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from Career Underdogs
Back to back wins are essential to finally kick start our season.

I firmly believe that if we can beat H&Y on Saturday, and put in a good perfomance, that it will instil the confidence and impetance to push on - hopefully enabling us to shake off the early season dissappointment.

A draw or a defeat would be steps backwards and so I am sincerely keeping everything crossed for the win.

Back to back wins would also come at an ideal time when we can then take the confidence into the Stockport and Kettering games which are games we should be earmarking for wins. We should firmly push for maximum points over the next three games which would set us up nicely to face Wrexham at home.

The league position could look a  lot more healthier come the end of Sept. Lets see shall we.

Good post CU I agree with what you say.

A Win tomorrow is the Key if we don't its not the end of the world but it will feel like 1 step  forward 2 steps back again and again, I feel if we can crack that 3 wins in a row burden then we may have a decent season, A winning run installs confidence and self belief as does a cup run which I thinks needed this season weather that be FA trophy or FA cup it all helps the squads state of mind.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 9, 2011, 11:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Best post by you cu.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
BIGChris
September 9, 2011, 11:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Didn't the OP want the managers sacked last week?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Super Clive
September 9, 2011, 11:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from BIGChris

He may well of done but that doesn't mean he don't want the best outcome for GTFC as you and I .

We all know whats key for a successful season a Winning team, winning run and so on.

It bores me because the people that moan the board is negative, moan when the negative posters try to be positive, and it just goes round and round.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
BIGChris
September 9, 2011, 11:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Just what Scott complained about. The onetwo game mentality!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
grimsby pete
September 9, 2011, 4:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
I do not care how we do it but we must start winning 2 or 3 games on the trot on a regular basis,

So lets start tomorrow, a lucky 6-0 win will do for me.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
1mickylyons
September 9, 2011, 4:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
attack attack attack needs to be the philosophy imho if were to achieve a winning run lets start putting the opposition in fear before a balls been kicked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
upthestripes
September 9, 2011, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1mickylyons
attack attack attack needs to be the philosophy imho if were to achieve a winning run lets start putting the opposition in fear before a balls been kicked.

Attack attack attack attack attack attack! But...

Don't forget to defend also!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Career Underdogs
September 9, 2011, 7:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Quoted from BIGChris

I would dearly love S&H to prove me wrong. I don't think they will but if they did, I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Never have I ever said that I want them to fail. I just don't see them succeeding.

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG S&H
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Back 2 Back Wins Essential to

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.