August 28, 2011, 12:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

youve answered your own question gates will dip below 2k

So, how come the gates have dipped before this "incident" happened?

Perhaps (like me) people have stopped going to BP because to be honest, the atmosphere is just shite!! The Pontoon used to be the stand that made BP a fortress - we never used to abuse our own, even if they had utter crap games. Abuse was always saved for the opposition, their fans  and the ref. I don't think we would ever have called the Manager over for a chat, then abused the crap out of him.

So maybe, Rob Scott has a point - if the abusive so called supporters stay away, other more supportive fans will return. Who knows, BP may become a fortress again.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
ginnywings
August 28, 2011, 12:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from thebigeasy

This comment really does reveal your true colours!

Of course fans who are hurling abuse are wrong - probably drunk, uneducated, feral who knows. But he has sunk to their pitiful level.

At least managers have a variety of other medium with which to express their views, the fans don't. They can either stay away, or go and complain if they don't like what they see.

And as for "stop going you wont be missed - if you hadn't noticed many have stopped and they ARE being missed. That's why the club is on the brink of financial melt down.

When I read moronic comments like this it makes me realise that this country has sunk to levels that I can hardly imagine!

Jeez,it's morons like me who are responsible for the whole moral decline of a once proud nation such as ours.

And there was me thinking i was just commenting on a lower league footy match between two insignificant northern towns.

You're loving all this aren't you? Another chance to put the boot in to a club you don't even support.

What are my true colours by the way.I thought black and white but you seem to have another colour in mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
upthestripes
August 28, 2011, 1:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Knowing what some of these utter nobheads are like, I just can't be angry at Rob Scott for what he said.
I think he spoke for many and that's why not everyone is up in arms.
I do think though that he should've left the swearing out - shouting his views without 'fackin' every other word would've done just as well.

The truly depressing thing is the state the club is in at the minute. We don't need opposition fans as we're quite happy ripping each other to bits from within. A sorry, sorry state at present.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
ponnyfan
August 28, 2011, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Ha ha sorry didn't notice I'd done that !! What a mammary !!
Have you been sampling some of your mate's tinnies in your avatar ?

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
Super Clive
August 28, 2011, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I'm still a believer In Chip and pin, i think they will get it right, well not think I flipping hope.
I really like them both I don't condone what he did or anything cos I wasn't there I was Grumbling along on my way home when this Happened so I don't know what was Said to Robbie.

Just been on a few other forum and it seems this is the main topic on a number of league and non leagues fans forums
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
carrot top
August 28, 2011, 1:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

Jeez,it's morons like me who are responsible for the whole moral decline of a once proud nation such as ours.

And there was me thinking i was just commenting on a lower league footy match between two insignificant northern towns.

You're loving all this aren't you? Another chance to put the boot in to a club you don't even support.

What are my true colours by the way.I thought black and white but you seem to have another colour in mind.

Exactly. Also, some of the abuse hurled around on here at eachother is unbelievable. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
ginnywings
August 28, 2011, 1:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from darren9

I've stopped going. The club keep sinking to new low levels and I've had enough of it. I'm not the only one and think that the stay away fans actually will be missed.

You are of course right, the money paid for tickets doesn't entitle anyone to "hurl abuse" but you are allowed to show displeasure at the players/management if you are of the opinion that they are not up to scratch (which I certainly don't think they are) I'm not "crying like a baby" seems to me that Rob Scott is the one throwing his toys out of the pram (again)

Why does everyone assume that this type of manager is "showing passion" or "commitment" or indeed "shaking this club up". He isn't, he's a petulant idiot. Neil Woods had passion, commitment and wwas actually "shaking the club up" but because he didn't scream, wave his arms around and generally act like a 5 year old people thought that an aggressive, arguementative little man would do a better job. With Neil Woods we had a chance of the play offs this season - with these 2 we'll be mid table at best.

Honestly though, what does it matter? If we do get rid then who will replace them? My passion, and my commitment for this club has gone.

Fair enough and i respect your views.I know i said stay away, you won't be missed, but actually all the stay away fans will be missed because if they all just went and supported the team,no matter what,things would improve dramatically.

I think back  to a few seasons ago when we played Brentford (i think) and it was one of those cheap ticket games with about 7000 in.They were riding high at the time but we just swept them off the pitch.They looked all at sea and the crowd just overwhelmed them.Same when we beat Barnet at the end of the relegation season.It would be great to get that back on a more regular basis.Teams used to fear coming here but now they strut around like they own the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
jungleland
August 28, 2011, 1:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from upthestripes
Knowing what some of these utter nobheads are like, I just can't be angry at Rob Scott for what he said.
I think he spoke for many and that's why not everyone is up in arms.
I do think though that he should've left the swearing out - shouting his views without 'fackin' every other word would've done just as well.

The truly depressing thing is the state the club is in at the minute. We don't need opposition fans as we're quite happy ripping each other to bits from within. A sorry, sorry state at present.

as you say up thestripes we all know what these utter knobheads are like  ..  which  makes going over and to have a post match debate with them utterly fvcking stupid ... we have heard all sorts of complete excrement from from people leaving the ground but we keep stum because i know it`s pointless to argue with them surprised some of them can find there own way home after the match ...  ihave often wondered if other teams have fans as stupid as some of ours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
jungleland
August 28, 2011, 2:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124

back to the op  this ron scott is he the same fella that has that jazz club  in london  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
upthestripes
August 28, 2011, 2:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from jungleland

as you say up thestripes we all know what these utter knobheads are like  ..  which  makes going over and to have a post match debate with them utterly fvcking stupid ... we have heard all sorts of complete excrement from from people leaving the ground but we keep stum because i know it`s pointless to argue with them surprised some of them can find there own way home after the match ...  ihave often wondered if other teams have fans as stupid as some of ours

That's a fair point.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ron Scott - Legend

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.