This thread currently has 571 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Lambretta Mariner
August 27, 2011, 6:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
I'm not trying to blame this on the defeat today but just want to air my frustration in general.

In the last 10 minutes today, I would estimate the ball was in play no more than 2 minutes. My frustration is with the team who is winning (usually our opposition). Full backs who have taken throw ins all game all of a sudden don't, requiring somebody else to do so, goalkeepers take their goal kicks from the opposite side, the ball gets thrown back from the crowd and the nearest player just can't reach it as it rolls 1cm past their leg. The slightest touch requires the physio to come on to give the injured player a drink before he goes off with a limp only to run on seconds later.

You may say that if it was us doing it to see out a game I may feel differently but I wouldn't. I  genuinely believe that they should look into somehow stamping it out for the good of the game. Referees fall for it and allow it to happen all too often. They must realise its happening but allow it to do so. It spoils and ruins what should be an exciting period of the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dan
August 27, 2011, 7:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Which is why it was great to see Wood dragging Brodie up against Fleetwood.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
ponnyfan
August 27, 2011, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
The thing I am "frustrated" about is that keeper getting his hand to big Damian's shot in the dying embers of the game! (good save though)!

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
Garth
August 27, 2011, 7:38pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
I'm not trying to blame this on the defeat today but just want to air my frustration in general.

In the last 10 minutes today, I would estimate the ball was in play no more than 2 minutes. My frustration is with the team who is winning (usually our opposition). Full backs who have taken throw ins all game all of a sudden don't, requiring somebody else to do so, goalkeepers take their goal kicks from the opposite side, the ball gets thrown back from the crowd and the nearest player just can't reach it as it rolls 1cm past their leg. The slightest touch requires the physio to come on to give the injured player a drink before he goes off with a limp only to run on seconds later.

You may say that if it was us doing it to see out a game I may feel differently but I wouldn't. I  genuinely believe that they should look into somehow stamping it out for the good of the game. Referees fall for it and allow it to happen all too often. They must realise its happening but allow it to do so. It spoils and ruins what should be an exciting period of the game.

Its not against the rules to tactically time waste and it applies to both teams, frustrating I know but get over it we will get our chance possible Monday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Lambretta Mariner
August 27, 2011, 7:47pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Quoted from Garth

Its not against the rules to tactically time waste and it applies to both teams, frustrating I know but get over it we will get our chance possible Monday!

Why is it not against the rules? I realise it applies to both teams, but what I'm saying is it shouldn't be able to happen at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Frustration

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.