Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Should I Go BP Tomorrow?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Why Should I Go BP Tomorrow?

This thread currently has 3,046 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
August 27, 2011, 1:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Harry Haddock
No doubt you're gonna need some more Jack and cokes after the game

You could be right, we never beat Darlo at home and there is every chance it could go wrong once more,
but i say again, do we want a Football Club or not?, if we do, we should attend, if we d'ont, sit on your
a$ses at home, wait for us to fold and let Grimsby lose virtually  the one thing we still have left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Dan
August 27, 2011, 2:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from sutton mariner
You will go and see Mckeown score from a goal kick

That kick on him, the fact this is division 5, he may well get one this season.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
cod.gtfc
August 27, 2011, 7:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
If you a Grimsby Town Supporter then you wouldn't even be asking the question, I might not be making a 300 mile round trip, but I am making a 100 mile round trip, and I am not questioning whether I can be bothered to go.

Besides what else you gonna do on a Saturday afternoon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
ponnyfan
August 27, 2011, 7:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Go and see a town victory

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
GtfcGarner
August 27, 2011, 7:48am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Support the town and give the backing, through thick and thin no matter what result get to what match you can im sure it is the kick-start to our season now, Liam Hearn will score today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
meggietown
August 27, 2011, 7:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from cod.gtfc
If you a Grimsby Town Supporter then you wouldn't even be asking the question, I might not be making a 300 mile round trip, but I am making a 100 mile round trip, and I am not questioning whether I can be bothered to go.

Besides what else you gonna do on a Saturday afternoon?

well said,alwys look forward to next home game couple of days before ,and the morning of the game cant wait to walk down gy road on way to pub before match ,brilliant feeling,after match diffrent story though sulking normally an not looking forward to reading. sunday papers.hopefully after tues tho that wont happen now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
BIGChris
August 27, 2011, 8:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Surely the answer has to be go to BP.

This is why we all support GTFC. The OP could easily visit London to watch a variety of games, less hassle, less potential misery BUT it wont be YOUR club who you watch winning.

You could stay at home with your partner, do the ironing, watch TV, go shopping BUT come 10 to 5 you will be desperate to find out what you have missed.

You know it will probably be a boring match, full of frustration but those of us who do keep going do so out of a sense of loyalty, blind faith, because we think the next game MAY be the start of the fight back up the leagues but above all because GTFC is in our blood.

See you there!

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
ginnywings
August 27, 2011, 9:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Just caught up with this thread and ironically,i'm about to ring my brother to discuss whose turn it is to go for the tickets.

Gonna throw caution to the wind today,pay the extra 2 quid and sit in the upper Findus/Smiths/Carlsberg.

Agree with Big Chris.It's in the blood and today could be the day the ascent starts.Probably won't be but i want to be there when the climb begins,having been through all the dross.My brother gave up last year but he has agreed to give them a dozen games this season,no matter what.Hope the team can persuade him back permanently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
DocDock
August 27, 2011, 10:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
I don't think i'm going. As mentioned in another thread due to financial reasons i'm having to pick and choose the games i go to. £18 to watch at home is a fair bit of money and with me possibly going to Gateshead on Monday i just have to watch the pennies otherwise i'll be skint. Yes i know i could have got one of those early bird tickets but 4 or so quid difference isn't a big enough incentive for me to get a ticket early. If the ticket was a tenner, well i probably would have got one then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
Imperial Corner
August 27, 2011, 10:55am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Just setting off. 300 mile round trip. Triumph of hope over expectation. #Nutter
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Should I Go BP Tomorrow?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.