No Members and 82 Guests

nuzzle and scratch

This thread currently has 4,058 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
August 25, 2011, 4:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
yeah okay, we have a bad goal difference all ready, but i would rather have 3 points and gain 1 goal difference than hoof the ball, give them possession and let them attack and gain 1 point keeping the goal difference the same

What do you say to the people in pre-season that said they don't care whether we hoof it just so long as we win ?  

Quoted from thevera
Maybe these are the same posters who are not happy unless they have something to moan at.

Or maybe it's the usual suspects who are always moaning who don't even go on the messageboards and will carry on going to BP (and keep moaning) regardless....

Remember it was Fenty's away babes who got on the players backs ! Or don't they count ?  

I think denni makes some fair points and all people can do is childishly come back like that with a 0 argument  - they're the boring ones !

As for moaning and being negative, what is Scott doing ?
He hardly gave a positive rally cry did he ?
What he should have said was "What we want is for fans to turn up tonight and get behind the lads straight away."

Blame the GET all you like but Scott had a moan and did his fair share in reducing the attendance too.

Then again some fans are so brainwashed they'd be more than happy if there was only 500 there and the club was losing bucketfuls just so long as the mood was positive, even if in reality that's complete and utter b0llocks and it takes the team to make a positive mood.  

So not impressed with his comments - he came under some pressure because of results and his first reaction was to look for a scapegoat in advance.
But pardon me, am I allowed to criticize in any way shape or form ?

I'm a very positive supporter and never moan at matches but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm gonna give Darlo a miss out of sheer principle.
If we're moving towards a situation that the club can't be critisized off the pitch then I'll withdraw my positive support on it.

Who knows, maybe Fenty is sick of it all and wants the club to go bust - nothing would suprise me anymore.  
Reply: 10 - 39
RoboCod
August 25, 2011, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm a very positive supporter and never moan at matches but the more I think about it, the more I think I'm gonna give Darlo a miss out of sheer principle.
If we're moving towards a situation that the club can't be critisized off the pitch then I'll withdraw my positive support on it.

You're being far too precious with that bit. The football may be good/bad. We may win/lose/draw. Go/Don't go, but leave out the drama please.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
80sglory
August 25, 2011, 4:46pm
Guest User
With all due respect Scott was the one being dramatic - how many other clubs would have done this ?
Did you hear him on RH ?
Something like if people prefer to go shopping with the missus then it's up to them...
Fair enough then - I won't on this occassion, I went to Cambridge because I'd already booked my ticket.

It's got nothing to do with the football, we've done well the last 2 games and have said so.

But I think the club needs to realise they can't get away with pre-emptively pointing the finger in advance whenever the going gets tough.
Reply: 12 - 39
RoboCod
August 25, 2011, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
But that's your interpretation of it. To me it's Scott taking the brunt of the fans complaints. Here in Lincoln there's a similar situation except, by and large, the players also come out with the usual 'stay away if you're going to boo' comments, which never goes down well. I'd rather see Scott do this solely, he's setting himself up to be the target of the fans anger or dismay. I see nothing of his history to suggest he's ever done things any differently.
But staying away from one game as a token gesture against something you've basically assumed on your own behalf is just that, a token gesture.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
BIGChris
August 25, 2011, 6:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Some people seem a little too precious imo.

Scott was only quoted as saying that he hoped people wouldnt turn up and boo from the start and that if some prefered to go shopping with the wife or girlfriend that is up to them.

What is wrong with any of that?

If anyone decides not to go to support their club because of the above statements then they are very sensitive souls!

He is correct imo, however i dont particular warm to Scott but then again he can be the re-incarnation of Attila the hun or Jack the Ripper if he gets us promoted
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
cod.gtfc
August 25, 2011, 7:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Couldn't care less what Scott says as long as we win games.

If you care more about manager's comments than supporting/booing your team, you need to go shopping with your wife on a Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
sonik
August 25, 2011, 7:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cod.gtfc

If you care more about manager's comments than supporting/booing your team, you need to go shopping with your wife on a Saturday.

WHS.  With bells on.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
grimsby pete
August 25, 2011, 7:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
Lets get one thing straight,

Its not Scotts club,

Its not Fentys club,

Its our club,   players / managers / chairmen come and go but we are here for life,

AND if you want to stay away because of something the manager or chairman has said, then thats up to you,

I for one would not stop seeing my team play just because I did not like what had been said by the above.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
80sglory
August 25, 2011, 7:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
Scott was only quoted as saying that he hoped people wouldnt turn up and boo from the start and that if some prefered to go shopping with the wife or girlfriend that is up to them.

What is wrong with any of that?

You can argue there's nothing wrong with it per se but being a club with financial difficultes who should be trying to attract fans and keep them on side I find it breathtaking.  

I just find it a little insulting to supporters.
Not only that but how does it reflect on supporters who are doing their best on matchdays but want their honest say on the messagebords after the game ?
We're all being tarred with the same brush - as a bunch of moaners who want the club to fail because we might think the club can improve in some areas..
Well I'm sorry but it's complete bullsh1t !  

Anyway what booing is Scott on about ?

The odd negative g1t in the Upper findus or main stand ? It'll always happen as long as we're underperforming, get over it !

Or if Scott was upset about the booing at Braintree then why did he wait another away game before slagging off the home support ?
Because obviously he was in little position to - he apologizes but then points the finger !
Doesn't make it right though and I don't care if Lincoln's players are doing the same (in terms of how the club is run they're probably just as clueless).
You don't hear other clubs doing it ?

It's not as if it's even gonna work anyway IMO, the usual suspects will probably always go to moan - all you'll end up doing is look like a club making excuses, trying to pass the buck and alientating genuine fans. Or is that the plan ?  

Had we have lost, would fingers have well and truly been pointed at the fans as the reason for the defeat ?
Fenty has already talked about an air of negativity around BP in our relegation season - there's a worrying pattern of blame emerging for the clubs failures (and in this case maybe before a ball has even been kicked !)
I sense all they want to do is to make as many excuses as they can find, but now it's happening in advance.
Thank god we won but I'm not impressed at the posturing - if it's happened once it'll most probably happen again.

The answer has always been obvious and continues to be  - if they you want to lift the "doom and gloom" then give people something to cheer about and the idiots(who will always attend regardless IMO) will be quickly forced to stop moaning.
Same goes for the negativity on the messageboards too.

Quoted from cod.gtfc

Maybe you're right I shouldn't care what he says but I'm sorry, what a glorious contradiction !

What you're really saying is, I should support but if I don't like Scott not telling people to support the team then I shouldn't support.

Out of interest, are there any other circumstances you'd like me to withdraw support from the club you think I should be supporting regardless ?  

What you're really saying is - "We don't want you if you don't agree with everything the club do" isn't it ?
Go on admit it !
Reply: 18 - 39
voice of reason
August 25, 2011, 7:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Yeah I was one of them that got all hot and bothered with Scotts supposed comments... However I did this by reading the first post on here (silly boy I know) but after having read the twisted article, I should really hold my hands and say I got it wrong...  

You can now take Scott off the lead JF...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › nuzzle and scratch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.