Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Highlights ???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 73 Guests

Braintree Highlights ???

This thread currently has 2,077 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner chopper
August 22, 2011, 12:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 5
Apologies if they've escaped me, or if this has already been covered, but i'm sure there's been no highlights of the Braintree game on player?

As i wasnt one of the 350ish who went i'm eager to see how bad the worst result in our history actually was!

Anyone know why there isn't any?

Bit poor from Player and the OS in my opinion

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
we will return
August 22, 2011, 12:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
I think there was none because Braintree didn't have the facilities, but I could be wrong.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
GTFC_Dave
August 22, 2011, 12:26pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
gtfc98
August 22, 2011, 12:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
I watched these earlier. It was bad enough losing to them 5-0 but I was also a bit shocked that a part time, amateur outfit also put us to shame in terms of the quality of highlights. If you ignore their annoying, over-enthusiastic commentator the highlights were of a much better quality than ours and available for free on youtube. Puts the shite we get served up on marinersplayer to shame

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Jack95
August 22, 2011, 12:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Funny because on the start of the video, it says our Manager is Neil Woods?
Wow..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
RoboCod
August 22, 2011, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Jack95
Funny because on the start of the video, it says our Manager is Neil Woods?
Wow..

Woodsy's losing streak at Town goes on.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
forza ivano
August 23, 2011, 9:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,296
Gold Stars: 266
looking at that again(through my fingers!) you have to point the finger at i'anson and wood for the first 2
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
mariner chopper
August 25, 2011, 4:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 5
thanks for that GTFC Dave...... lordy lordy we were bad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
BiloLCFC
August 25, 2011, 5:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -1
From a neutral's perspective it actually looks as though it was fairly even till Braintree's first, with you guys perhaps shading it.

Then the first goal went in and you absolutely imploded. I have to say your keeper could have done better on at least three of the five and the defence for the last two was non-existent. Hopefully just a (very) bad day at the office for you.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Rik e B
August 25, 2011, 9:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from gtfc98
If you ignore their annoying, over-enthusiastic commentator

In a sick kind of way it's funny how different incidents are perceived depending upon your bias towards a certain club, I couldn't help chortling (is that a word? The kid's nowadays might say 'lmfao') to myself quietly at some of the commentators opinions on challenges etc at times. The Harlem Globetrotter handball simply received a comment that Pearson pushed in the back and had been let off...

Shocked by the amount of moobage on show for Braintree, could have been my good self somewhere in their eleven but after the initial shock I have opted for the philosophical view; we are a new team and they are an established side with a no less than impressive home record. This was without a doubt the biggest league game of their 113 year history so imagine how hyped up they would be. Having said that, still a bitter pill for the travelling fan's so they of course had the right to vent spleens.

That's half the problem with this league, the so-called 'pub teams' will raise their game a good ten, twenty percent when facing the once famous Black & Whites of Grimsby Town (at least until the point we have been down in the doldrums so long (god forbid) the novelty factor is gone, though I guess any promoted BSP teams will always be aware of our history, ground etc and the same will ring true).

There will always be occasional embarrassing losses to such sides for as long as we languish down here but the big test will be how we will fare over a full season. Scott was dead right when he said the fact we have played only a couple of games amplified things.

If we are mixing it near the top in a couple of months this will ring true.

I believe we will be nearer top than bottom soon enough.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Highlights ???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.