Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny Match Thread....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Donny Match Thread....

This thread currently has 9,044 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
July 29, 2011, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I think it is massively to the credit  of S & H that we are taking on clubs that are 3 leagues higher
than us, it would be so much more 'secure' to play  just semi-pro teams, yet it  still seems that we
still 'belong' playing these teams and i'm sure the likes of Barnsley and Donny d'ont consider us non-league - even though we are.!
We seem to have played well in both games, without having that extra  touch of quality that Championship teams  need to possess -  the results are totally irrelevant , we will do very well in this league this year given a fair wind, its a tricky start, so its vital that we all remain patient and stick with the club even if early results d'ont go quite as expected, but i'm sure S & H will do everything possible to make sure they do.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 102
bradzmilne
July 29, 2011, 10:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from petethemariner
I think it is massively to the credit  of S & H that we are taking on clubs that are 3 leagues higher
than us, it would be so much more 'secure' to play  just semi-pro teams, yet it  still seems that we
still 'belong' playing these teams and i'm sure the likes of Barnsley and Donny d'ont consider us non-league - even though we are.!
We seem to have played well in both games, without having that extra  touch of quality that Championship teams  need to possess -  the results are totally irrelevant , we will do very well in this league this year given a fair wind, its a tricky start, so its vital that we all remain patient and stick with the club even if early results d'ont go quite as expected, but i'm sure S & H will do everything possible to make sure they do.UTM

well said, we need to keep our trust in the duo. We cant keep changing managers every year, that will get us no where

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 102
ginnywings
July 29, 2011, 11:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Devonmatt
Anyone know if the 'Barnes' playing for Doncaster is the Giles Barnes (ex Derby and WBA)?

Yes and he looked very good before he got a knock.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny Match Thread....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.