This thread currently has 817 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
newfootballer
July 27, 2011, 10:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378

It seems to me that the two joint Managers have put together with the new arrivals a bonding togetherness which has gone down very well with all the players.

If you remember last season and probally even before we could never go on a run say for instance three games and not get beat.

As an ex pro when you are chasing a good position in the league those three games target is vital, but it needs to have players who really care about playing out on the pitch and hopefully we have now got these players on board at Grimsby Town.

Fridays game against Doncaster will be a good test playing at home against a good league side, and to my mind a chance for the Managerial bosse`s
to stamp their authority on the team.

I am not looking to get a win, just a performance that these lads that have come in are the ones that are going to change the club round.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
July 27, 2011, 10:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
No predictions then Dave?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Dan
July 27, 2011, 10:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Got to say I agree with you Dave. Although I still hold concerns that we don't have what I'd call the X-Factor, it does seem like we have a good all round unit that will graft until the end. After the capitulations of recent times, this can only be a good thing.

1-1 draw with Donny I reckon

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
CatchOfTheDay
July 27, 2011, 10:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
[face=Arial][/face]I'm going for Doncaster to win 2-1 but we put up a good fight agains them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Career Underdogs
July 27, 2011, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -34
Approval: +1
Quoted from newfootballer

If you remember last season and probally even before we could never go on a run say for instance three games and not get beat.

Have I missed something? Has the season started and have we managed to play 3 games unbeaten?

Well the proof of the pudding and all that. Fingers crossed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
I believe in Cod
July 27, 2011, 11:44pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I think the Gainsborough game will be taken more seriously than the Doncaster game, much more of a test at a similar level to ourselves. Use the bigger teams to create a bit of money for the club, and for fitness, more likely to be a bigger physical test than a lower league side, as they train professionally like us. the bosses will be expecting a working performance from whatever side they put out, whereas against Trinity, my guess is that we'll see something more like the lineup we're going to be playing in the league and they'll be looking for a good performance and a result. Just my opinion though

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
upthestripes
July 28, 2011, 12:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Career Underdogs

Well the proof of the pudding and all that. Fingers crossed.

Nice to see there's still someone left who doesn't say 'the proof is in the pudding'.
What the fck does that even mean??

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
hertfordshire mariner
July 28, 2011, 3:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from upthestripes

Nice to see there's still someone left who doesn't say 'the proof is in the pudding'.
What the fck does that even mean??

when caught sneaking a hacksaw in to prison in a fruit cake.  

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
brad_gtfc
July 28, 2011, 3:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Although still pre season. Id like to see the gaffers go with what they believe there 1st choice 11 against Donny, for at least an hour. Dependant on injuries and fitness of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Lincoln Imp
July 28, 2011, 8:16am
Guest User
whats this NEWFOOTBALLER all about at the end of his posts? LOL
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › TOWNS TEAM STRATAGY FOR THE NEW SEASON

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.