Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding it is.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Elding it is.

This thread currently has 11,481 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Helgy
July 25, 2011, 3:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
He played for us when you beat us 5-1 at yours,great cross from the wing  5 yards out goal at his mercy and the ball hit his shoulder.
Your keeper thanked him punted the ball up the field 2-1 to you then cue a surrender worthy of the Italian's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 117
Mariners_15
July 25, 2011, 3:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Just the impression he gave, when he was here on loan that's all. Gave the old glad to be home (i.e. Lincs) nonsense and had decent service at the time from quality players such as Frecklington & N'Guessan. Sure he scored 3 goals in a dozen games or more, but everyone felt his attitude wasn't right unless he is spoon fed opportunities. This was 2 seasons ago and he's done little since to refute as the reports show.

As I say, I'd be far more worried if you'd signed Styche, so rather you than us!

Just out of interest what do you base your words on? Have you ever seen Styche? Elding is a more complete striker, he scores goal (everywhere he's been) but is also 6ft 2 and quite strong. On this basis, I'm very excited and maybe you should be looking at players like these? Not rejects from Dover...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 117
upthestripes
July 25, 2011, 3:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from NorfolkImp

That's hard to say at this stage as I havnt seen the new look Imps play, but plenty of positives from yesterday including msgs from mates who don't usually get carried away!

Fact is, Connell has gone, you're replacement is Elding so my answer is now a resounding YES!

Fair dos.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 117
80sglory
July 25, 2011, 3:37pm
Guest User
He's got pace and I trust these managers can get the best out of him.
Reply: 83 - 117
RoboCod
July 25, 2011, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Don't know too much about the guy, and a lot of the views on him aren't great but back in the Buckley Mk 1 days, had the internet been in place, I reckon signings such as Tony Rees and Richard O'Kelly would have been met with the same amount of furrowed brows and shrugged shoulders as this one. They went on to be invaluable team players, regardless of whether they were goal getters or 'just' supporting forwards.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 117
AndyGTFC
July 25, 2011, 4:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
He's not had a great season goalscoring wise in a while but he's scored plenty of goals in the past at this level and obviously had something to be offered a contract by Rochdale last season and Plymouth this. Like everyone, he deserves a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 117
Garth
July 25, 2011, 4:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
My concern last season was if Connell had got an injury keeping him out of the team we had no other big goal scorer, however this season hopefully we will have more alternatives both up front and in defence to counter this problem.
I am also waiting to see how Elding plays and how he will fit in---------------we shall see
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 117
bostonian
July 25, 2011, 4:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
Known Antony since he was in a pram .   His goals record over the last three years is not good .  S&H are capable of getting him back on track ,   but I see Scotty and Ginty(Antony )  thowing their dummies out the pram before long .   Not best suited .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 117
Paddymariner
July 25, 2011, 4:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from bostonian
Known Antony since he was in a pram .   His goals record over the last three years is not good .  S&H are capable of getting him back on track ,   but I see Scotty and Ginty(Antony )  thowing their dummies out the pram before long .   Not best suited .

Well is he still in a pram, or not? Make your mind up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 117
Townfantom
July 25, 2011, 4:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: -1
Not sure about him but i'll wait to see him play.
I welcome any opposition fan who's got something decent to say but I do wish Aryan would just Fck off. Always making snide comments and came on here crying that he'd never post again when the Imps got relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Elding it is.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.