Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › new striker? age and experience?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

new striker? age and experience?

This thread currently has 2,490 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
July 19, 2011, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
Four weeks until start up !

Thoughts sought on age of a new striker - how experienced - or rough diamond to come through over the season?

I'm not sure we will be able to afford to buy Vardy from Halifax, from recent mails on previous bidding rejections.

Bodin from Swindon was mentioned as a filler from the recent sale?

Are there any other younger league reserve strikers that anyone thinks that could come into the managers ' thoughts ??

I remember following Mendonca from early Sheffield Utd Juniors league days and thinking he would be good in the future - who else could fit that bill for a regular playing place?

What is the maximum age for a journeyman or much travelled player - do we actually want any more Conlons or similar ?

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND STICK TO THE THREAD, PLEASE !
Logged Offline
Private Message
GYmonkey
July 19, 2011, 8:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +2
I thought Reece Styche who plays for Forest Green looked very good when he played against us, would like us to try for him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
BIGChris
July 19, 2011, 8:40pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Reece Styche 15 goals for Forest Green last season. Only 22 BUT he did pick up 14 yellow cards!!

Jordan Slew, Sheff United kid. 6 month loan perhaps
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
acko338
July 19, 2011, 8:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,209
Gold Stars: 33
Styche would be worth a punt - that amount of goals in a lower positioned team - 14 yellow cards is a lot, but shows a no give up attitude and perhaps a need to achieve!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
GYmonkey
July 19, 2011, 8:49pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +2
I agree, also how many of those yellow cards would've been down to the standard of refereeing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Tommy
July 19, 2011, 8:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
What makes you so sure we are looking for a striker. No-one has said as much. In fact something H or S commented on was that the next/last player we bring in will probably be a totally different player to AC.

We already have Hearn, Spencer, Duffy and Mulready through the middle.

My money is on us bringing in a winger/wide striker in the Coulson mould.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
tashee69
July 19, 2011, 8:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Tommy
What makes you so sure we are looking for a striker. No-one has said as much. In fact something H or S commented on was that the next/last player we bring in will probably be a totally different player to AC.

We already have Hearn, Spencer, Duffy and Mulready through the middle.

My money is on us bringing in a winger/wide striker in the Coulson mould.

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-Hunt-replace-Connell/story-12954808-detail/story.html

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Mariners95
July 19, 2011, 9:04pm

Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
I think that Styche from Forest Green could be a decent signing to replace Connell. He scored a few last season for a weak team so maybe with a side that is better maybe he will be capable of more? I'm not saying he could be better than Connell but maybe its worth a go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Tommy
July 19, 2011, 9:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from tashee69

See the "different type of striker to fit into 4-3-3" quote ? I think that only highlights what I am saying.

I stand by my prediction it will be a wide forward.

We've already got Spencer, Duffy and Hearn (who they've said is most effective through the middle after the RUFC game) to play as the main middle striker.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Rodley Mariner
July 19, 2011, 9:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,292
Gold Stars: 187
Not saying it'll be the lad from Swindon but the idea of someone who plays left-wing/striker seems about right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › new striker? age and experience?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.