3. Grimsby (P)
4. York
5. Darlington

OVERACHIEVERS: Cambridge
UNDERACHIEVERS: Stockport

FA Cup: Manchester Utd
League Cup: Liverpool
Champions League: Barcelona

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
tashee69
July 19, 2011, 7:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +971
Gold Stars: 23
I know many Birmingham fans and they are worried, they are saying they're getting rid of everybody and don't seem to be signing anyone. Along with their chairman being questioned abount washing his money   they are not looking forward to the new season.
The other one I would comment on is Arsenal as underachievers. When you look what they spend every season compared to the other clubs, I'm surprised they've stayed in the top 4 for so long. I think it's a bit like looking at Liverpool after their success in the 80's, were they really a big spending power later on?

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
BiloLCFC
July 19, 2011, 7:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Birmingham do look shaky I must admit, hence my reasoning. I was delighted when they signed Marlon King instead of us because I just couldn't envisage myself cheering for the woman beating idiot in a Leicester shirt. I don't even think he's good enough to take the gamble. I can see their European adventure, brief as it's likely to be, being a real distraction for them as well. 50 odd games when they haven't even played an FA Cup match takes a big squad and they don't have that or seemingly the means to build one. Mid-table for them I reckon.

Arsenal can't go on with their transfer policy, they've been hanging on to the Champions League spot for a while and I can see Liverpool knocking them off their perch this season. Charlie Adam is a heck of a signing for them, thought he was quality for Blackpool last season and with their departures, it's going to be a long time before there's Premiership football at Bloomfield Road again.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
Theimperialcoroner
July 19, 2011, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 103
Given the debt quoted for T'Blerds last night, I expect to see them struggle to.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
BrMarin
July 19, 2011, 10:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Norwich will finish above QPR and Crawley will be in the play-offs at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 2011-2012 Prediction Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.