Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › pop goes the weasel (CUT)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

pop goes the weasel (CUT)

This thread currently has 2,647 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
July 19, 2011, 6:58am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
in the fans forum last night john fenty said there shall be cuts if town get promoted
where will they come?
playing budget
catering staff
the youth team
grimsby in the community
those are my guesses what do you lot think?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
0ld timer
July 19, 2011, 7:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
i hope we dont get promoted then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
aldi_01
July 19, 2011, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.01
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely playing budget can't be touched, especially if we go up? Then again, anything seems possible with the so called saviour and mr Grimsby town in charge.

One would assume that youth football would be cut, again a bad mistake, name a club who has cut their youth development and still produced good players, very fee if any.

Unfortunately for staff in the offices they would be first to go, or the flipping stewards, we have as many now as we did when getting 6-7000 in the championship. Or just take his daughter off the pay roll, she hardly works for her cash.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
wigworld
July 19, 2011, 8:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
If we get promoted, how does that affect income and expendature? It seems that we need the cream of non-league to get out of the conference, but once we're out, we shouldn't need to spend the same to stay out, so outgoings should be lower anyway. And if we're looking like going up, then how much will gates increase? Particularly if we have a good cup run. I don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I recall reading that Crawley's cup run paid for all their spending last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 20
RoboCod
July 19, 2011, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from wigworld
If we get promoted, how does that affect income and expendature? It seems that we need the cream of non-league to get out of the conference, but once we're out, we shouldn't need to spend the same to stay out, so outgoings should be lower anyway. And if we're looking like going up, then how much will gates increase? Particularly if we have a good cup run. I don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I recall reading that Crawley's cup run paid for all their spending last year.

And how overdue is one of those ? A good run would help enormously, it's like we've forgotten what a cup campaign is.
At least we seem to have a management team who will ensure the players take the early cup games seriously. Fingers crossed, no more Chasetown disasters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
ticker_1610
July 19, 2011, 8:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
You surely don't believe that the income created by Crawleys cup run covered their expenditure for the season and transfer fees, it didn't amount to several million from a couple of high profile games! Crawley are backed by a company that owns 40% but pays 100% of everything, in fact they are probably owned by the group featured in last nights tv documentary, now we know how easy it is to acquire clubs and pass the due diligence tests!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
aldi_01
July 19, 2011, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.01
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We all know that Crawley's money is crooked but proving it is another thing, it is a similar situation down there to the farce that was notts county, and they got away with it. If people believe that a game against manure can support your season then think again, it wasn't a sell out and even if they made a million which i highly doubt, thats not enough to last the season in some respects...

A cup run would be nice to bring some cheer and extra cash but it won't be enough to actually support the club. The club needs to go into the league again and keep pushing on, how many teams have had successful campaigns once up there the following season...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Mariners_15
July 19, 2011, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Where do you get these stupid thread titles from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
aaron rattray
July 19, 2011, 5:01pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Mariners_15
Where do you get these stupid thread titles from?

they are not stupid, i am aiming to not use a basic title because i aim to add a bit of comedy

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Bullitt
July 19, 2011, 5:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray

they are not stupid, i am aiming to not use a basic title because i aim to add a bit of comedy

If you fecked off and never came back on here we would all be laughing.

Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › pop goes the weasel (CUT)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.