Dispatches  how to buy a football club

This thread currently has 1,751 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BiloLCFC
July 19, 2011, 11:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Initially worried to hear City's name mentioned but it doesn't seem as though the club or our owners are embroiled in anything dodgy, in spite of the obvious Thai connections.

They've named the stadium after their company, have their names emblazoned on our shirts, took us over to Thailand to play the national side in an international break and are going to massive lengths to sell the Leicester City 'brand' in Thailand. Everything we're seeing so far indicates they're here to stay and have big ambitions for the club so from our point of view, the programme and the revelations it made are a lot less worrying than they could have been.

The consortium that bought the club is also believed to have several very wealthy backers in the Indonesian fuel industry so it's serious.

Not sure what happens if we don't make the Prem in a couple of years though.....

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
upthestripes
July 19, 2011, 2:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
This sht just depresses me. I can't stop following the game because I love it so much but I really am teetering on the edge.
If town ever get caught up in this bullshit race to buy the best team I'm wahing my hands of the sport and finding another one. That is until that one's raped as well

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dispatches  how to buy a football club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.