Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best XI ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Best XI ?

This thread currently has 506 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
July 17, 2011, 5:07am
Guest User
Quoted from gtfc98
So, judging by that, and the fact that Connell's gone I'd probably go with:

Arthur

Silk                  Kempson                     Garner/Pearson                Ridley

Church

Disley                            Artus

Coulson                                                   Hearn

Spencer/Duffy                                              

A very good one IMO.
Interesting you play Church as the defensive holding player, I can see the logic.
Here's mine.

.................McKeown
.^...Garner..Pearson..Kempo
.|.............................................|.
Wood....Church ...Disley........Artus
.|................Coulson................|
.v....................|.......................v
............Duffy...v...Hearn

3 at the back with wingbacks.

Ridley can swap with Kempson or even Artus, who like Wood, will bomb up and down the wings to put crosses in and run back as defensive cover.

Trouble is we ideally need an attacking left wing back to play this system.

Ridley isn't the ideal choice to bomb forward cos he has to run back. But he HAS shown he can get forward, cross and more importantly, is left footed.
Artus might be able to do it too, but someone said he wasn't that great defensively ?

Slightly bit worried the managers haven't spotted the "width" issue before they made their signings(why have we got Silk AND Marshall in the shake up?) and went 4-4-2, cos almost everyone(Eagle too) is best in the centre IMO.
Dare I say it, we could have done with Peter Bore's pace out wide ?  

Of course they'll probably go 4-3-3 in any case, but it's a shame cos IMO, Wood would be ideal to run down up and down the wing all day long and put useful crosses in.
3-5-2 also gives you an extra attacking player.

Alternatively, same as gtfc98's but with Coulson in front of a flat 3 man midfield behind the front 2.
pizzzza
July 17, 2011, 8:46am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
I think through fact they have dragged the touchlines in either side  would suggest they will go for a narrow formation and play direct football. Playing wingbacks on this pitch would surely congest the midfield too much. As you say will probably be 433 and while its not for me to pick the managers team for them but I like the look of.....

Arthur
Silk Pearson Kempson Ridley
Disley Church Artus
Coulson Spencer/new striker Hearn
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best XI ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.