Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan connell on twitter..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 48 Guests

Alan connell on twitter..

This thread currently has 3,333 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
July 16, 2011, 11:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
just said..

"left gtfc with a heavy heart,was happy to stay until swindon came in... everything i could've wished for. have so many fond memories from gtfc #gtfc in great hands with hurst&scott,club is like a new place from top2 bottom.great staff there who are very kind& @coulo_7 to be BSP POTY"

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
July 16, 2011, 11:43pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,723
Gold Stars: 137
Well he would say that wouldn't he... #twitterisforstalkers
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Super Clive
July 16, 2011, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from pizzzza

Pizza's for greedy twits !
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
jonnyboy82
July 16, 2011, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from pizzzza

And pizza is for fat illegitimates

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Kris2
July 16, 2011, 11:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 136
lol at the stalkers being catty because their creepyness was pointed out.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
PPMariner
July 16, 2011, 11:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Much as Steve Kabba "would not" celebrate ecstatically in front of the Pontoon after scoring against us...but he did.

Sounds genuine to me, good on him and hope he does very well at Swindon.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
pizzzza
July 17, 2011, 12:02am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,723
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from jonnyboy82

And pizza is for fat illegitimates

all in moderation my friend...  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Les Brechin
July 17, 2011, 8:26am

Posts Per Day: 4.15
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,737
Gold Stars: 174
Alan who?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Zmariner
July 17, 2011, 9:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,132
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from jonnyboy82
just said..

"left gtfc with a heavy heart,was happy to stay until swindon came in... everything i could've wished for. have so many fond memories from gtfc #gtfc in great hands with hurst&scott,club is like a new place from top2 bottom.great staff there who are very kind& @coulo_7 to be BSP POTY"

What a load of old rubbish. Would have had some respect for the plonker if he had said keen to get out and spent the summer looking. That would have been honest. Had a great season but my gut feeling was that he would revert to type next year and I will be surprised if he make 10 next season unless he takes pens. An excellent finsher but does not get very involved. Needs to keep scoring or will be bench warming. Alan who ? No respect from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
July 17, 2011, 10:18am
Guest User
Quoted from Zmariner

What a load of old rubbish. Would have had some respect for the plonker if he had said keen to get out and spent the summer looking. That would have been honest. Had a great season but my gut feeling was that he would revert to type next year and I will be surprised if he make 10 next season unless he takes pens. An excellent finsher but does not get very involved. Needs to keep scoring or will be bench warming. Alan who ? No respect from me.

Don't be such a miserable git.

If you read what AC wrote, he said he was happy to stay - unless a "perfect" move came about. Every honest footballer would say the same. And the perfect move for him happened, and GTFC did very nicely out of it, thank you.

Posts like this make me despair.
Reply: 9 - 19
Belfast Town
July 17, 2011, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,703
Gold Stars: 19
Couldn't help but notice that he doesn't state on his Twitter account that he is "currently" playing for Swindon!  Seems that he is more intent on staying there than he was with us  Oh well, good luck to him.  Glad the uncertainty is over and we can look to the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
TWAreaTownSupporter
July 17, 2011, 11:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Always came across as a decent bloke and a proper professional. Good luck to him.

Looks like throwing the shirt into the crowd at Wimbledon really was goodbye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
voice of reason
July 17, 2011, 11:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Zmariner

And not a hint of bitterness in any of that....    

Anyway, my view for what it's worth is, the man should get a good welcome back if he ever plays against us... He did more for us last season than most of our strikers combined for the previous 3-4 seasons and I can totally undrstand the need and want to get back in league football, jeez after all, that's what we as fans want too...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Super Clive
July 17, 2011, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Swindon in the FA cup anyone?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
GtfcGarner
July 17, 2011, 12:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,838
Gold Stars: 31
Alan to have a 'mare at Swindon and come back on loan to us, please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
MuddyWaters
July 17, 2011, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Alan to have a 'mare at Swindon and come back on loan to us, please

he's gone, move on
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Zmariner
July 17, 2011, 12:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137

If you read what AC wrote, he said he was happy to stay - unless a "perfect" move came about. Every honest footballer would say the same. And the perfect move for him happened, and GTFC did very nicely out of it, thank you.

If a post on the Fishy makes you despair you must despair a lot or don't have a lot to think about. Connell did well for us but you can not whine about having a heavy heart when you work so hard to leave and the feel compelled to publish it. Please don't despair everything will be OK.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
July 17, 2011, 1:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from Zmariner

If a post on the Fishy makes you despair you must despair a lot or don't have a lot to think about. Connell did well for us but you can not whine about having a heavy heart when you work so hard to leave and the feel compelled to publish it. Please don't despair everything will be OK.

We've obviously got a different view of events ZM - Alan could have handed in a transfer request at any time previously (he obviously knew plenty of clubs were interested) so I can't agree that he "worked so hard to leave". But when (for him) an ideal move comes knocking - league football just up the road from Bournemouth - he forced Fenty's hand as best he could. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Everyone who's spoken to AC says he comes across as a gentleman, so I don't see why he should bullsh!t on Twitter - if he was glad to go he could just say nothing.

As for me being prone to despair nowadays...well I have been supporting the Mariners a long time now, so maybe you've got a point there.

Reply: 17 - 19
Zmariner
July 17, 2011, 7:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137

We've obviously got a different view of events ZM - Alan could have handed in a transfer request at any time previously (he obviously knew plenty of clubs were interested) so I can't agree that he "worked so hard to leave". But when (for him) an ideal move comes knocking - league football just up the road from Bournemouth - he forced Fenty's hand as best he could. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Everyone who's spoken to AC says he comes across as a gentleman, so I don't see why he should bullsh!t on Twitter - if he was glad to go he could just say nothing.

As for me being prone to despair nowadays...well I have been supporting the Mariners a long time now, so maybe you've got a point there.

You are about right on the despair. The last 10 years has been mostly a disaster. I am a bit anti the whole over blown social networking/ celebrity culture thing and have nothing against AC making a move to suit himself.I have done it myself and can not criticise. Oh well season ticket purchased and bucket fulls of my usual blind optimism. Most on here are really keen fans and it is a great forum for the afflicted UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
newfootballer
July 17, 2011, 8:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from 137

Exactly the club has got to get the best deal it can and in Connell`s case it was the right move for him.
After all we got Connell  I believe for next to nothing hopefully the money made will be put back into getting quality players.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan connell on twitter..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.