Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Did they do the right thing?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

Did they do the right thing?

This thread currently has 464 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Tinymariner
July 16, 2011, 12:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Sorry but I am interested in the boards overall view on this deal.

I think it was good business sense to let him go. He put in a transfer request and we had no option but to sell really. UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
July 16, 2011, 1:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I'm away for the weekend in Lincoln and have just spotted the news.I have to say that i'm not in the least surprised.I know he expressed an interest to leave as soon as the season ended as i was told that by a Town player.No doubt some "fans" will use it as a stick to beat Fenty with and possibly Connell himself but this is a great deal for all concerned if you ask me.

I would much rather have a team with goals spread around than rely on one man as we did last year.You have to strike while the iron is hot and Connell could have gone out and got a long term injury first game for all we know.His stock is high at the moment and it's a good deal for the club.We will have the dosh to replace him too,possibly with more than one player.

We have always been a selling club and now more so than ever.

So i say "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Townfantom
July 16, 2011, 1:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: -1
He didn't want to be here and we made £150,000 profit on him. Good piece of business.

Now we need to fork out some dosh to replace him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
LondonMariner43
July 16, 2011, 1:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I think you will find this is the second poll on this topic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Did they do the right thing?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.