Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Homesick players make me sick
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 115 Guests

Homesick players make me sick

This thread currently has 1,766 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
July 16, 2011, 10:46am
Guest User
What is it with these fanny players who sign a 2/3 year contract, then 12 months later decide they miss their  family as an excuse for a move? Do they think we are all idiots? Tevez feeling homesic is one thing but ffs Connell      It's a urine poor excuse, you signed a contract and knew you would be working away from home, getting payed for a job you must love for couple of years. Just like thousands of blokes up and down the country who work away doing some excrement job, then when you think about the armed forces it's embarrassing.
I'm not bitter about connells move in fact I think it's for the best. I reckon fenty should take Praise as well in the way he's handled this saga, but it does make me cringe when players spout this missing family excrement.
Marinerz93
July 16, 2011, 10:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The modern day players are shadows of the old pro's.  The modern day pro may be fitter but that is the only positive I can see, well done FA, well done Bosman, well done FIFA.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
July 16, 2011, 11:00am
Guest User
Yea your right it's player power instigating these moves then throwing in a feeble excuse to appease the fans. No honour or loyalty in this game anymore.
Reply: 2 - 12
bigdavemariner
July 16, 2011, 11:11am
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Agree with you in one sense, that the armed forces lads don't have the chance to up and leave if they feel homesick.

however, I don't agree with berating players about feeling homesick as you're saying. Take Connell, at the very start of the season his mum passed away, he's living in Grimsby miles from home with no family, and the friends he has being his team mates and that is it. must have been quite difficult on the lad and he's going to have found it hard. As much as they're well paid etc, they're still human beings. Connell has always gone about things in the right way. He gave everything everytime he played, he didn't miss one game last season and contributed as being our best goal scorer in years. He deserves his move up the leagues, and shouldn't be knocked for moving on.

I for one will never have a bad word to say about him, be it regards his ability, homesickness, commitment etc. Top player, top bloke, and should be respected by GTFC fans.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Paddymariner
July 16, 2011, 11:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Agree with you in one sense, that the armed forces lads don't have the chance to up and leave if they feel homesick.

however, I don't agree with berating players about feeling homesick as you're saying. Take Connell, at the very start of the season his mum passed away, he's living in Grimsby miles from home with no family, and the friends he has being his team mates and that is it. must have been quite difficult on the lad and he's going to have found it hard. As much as they're well paid etc, they're still human beings. Connell has always gone about things in the right way. He gave everything everytime he played, he didn't miss one game last season and contributed as being our best goal scorer in years. He deserves his move up the leagues, and shouldn't be knocked for moving on.

I for one will never have a bad word to say about him, be it regards his ability, homesickness, commitment etc. Top player, top bloke, and should be respected by GTFC fans.

You're right, Connell has done nothing wrong but there are some mammaries in the game who spout utter balderdash in order to justify their moves.
Iain Dowie who quit Crystal Palace citing a desire to go back oop north. Eight days later he became manager of.................Charlton Athletic!!!

David Neilson who made up a lame excuse about his wife getting a top job in Denmark. Didn't mention the "contracts" out on his head should he have stuck around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
acko338
July 16, 2011, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
Didn't realise that Connell's mum had died around the time he moved up here - don't care who you are, that's an upset on it's own, especially if you're close to her.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
aldi_01
July 16, 2011, 1:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
intercourse me, look in the brightside, he cost us nothing this time last year with a pretty crap scoring record really, he plays every game, gives his all and scores a third ofthe clubs goals pretty much, then we make money on him and he gets another shot at te league. Winner for both in some aspects.

If anyone thinks contracts that players sign are worth anything now then they are very naive. For many a year now contracts have meant fuckall. In fact contracts in many walks of life mean diddly squat these days.

As for top players, many will do anything for money rather than play for a club and give a excrement. And many now just wanna earn cash as oppose to winning something. Tevez is a funny one though, he certainly won't be on the same money at Corinthians as he is at city so may be he does just want to go home.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
tashee69
July 16, 2011, 1:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93
The modern day players are shadows of the old pro's.  The modern day pro may be fitter but that is the only positive I can see, well done FA, well done Bosman, well done FIFA.

Blame the Belgian FA. If they'd have had a tribunial system like ours the Bosman ruling wouldn't have come into force. In Belgium when a players contract was over the club still had the rights to hold a players contract until they got "the right price".
A lot of players have made a fortune out of it but not the main man himself, who last time I hear was on benefit and anti depressants.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Kris2
July 16, 2011, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Oh for goodness sake why do people hold footballers to different standards to other human beings? How many of you have worked away from your family and missed them? I know i have. Some people just prefer to be around their family rarther than work away.

Stop throwing hissy fits when if you had a job working away you'd probably do the same thing.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
0ld timer
July 16, 2011, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
i  live in cleethorpes but work in grimsby i dont get home sick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
Abdul19
July 16, 2011, 2:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aldi_01

Tevez is a funny one though, he certainly won't be on the same money at Corinthians as he is at city so may be he does just want to go home.

You never know though, if they've got £35m to bid for him... New economy and all that.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
July 16, 2011, 3:55pm
Guest User
Kris " some people prefer to work around their family" balderdash! Then why come up north? He's just another southern softie twit.
Reply: 11 - 12
GtfcGarner
July 17, 2011, 1:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,798
Gold Stars: 26
Shouldn't dare say anything bad about Al, done a super job last year for us and wished us the best. Had such a good relationship with his mother aswell.. Good luck at Swindon Al
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Homesick players make me sick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.