Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connell (the final SAGA!)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 86 Guests

Connell (the final SAGA!)

This thread currently has 2,194 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
July 15, 2011, 3:37pm
Guest User
Connell: we signed him for nothing; his goals ensured we didn't have a relegation fight first time round in the BSP; we sold him for a good price. Nothing to complain about IMHO.

Wouldn't be surprised if our "replacement" for AC is a right-sided midfielder - to liberate Coulson to be a striker. Reckon he's good enough to score regularly in this league. Still think we'll be challenging for promotion.
Reply: 10 - 15
bradzmilne
July 15, 2011, 4:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mariners_15
So nice to finally put it all to bed, I think many of us had a feeling, especially with clubs sniffing around that Connell was starting to get cold feet and any league club that came in would be hard to resist. I think with Liam Hearn we have a natural replacement with the added pace and strength to his game as well.

Of course I think we are in need of another striker, something I'm sure S&H will have up there sleeve, although I pray to god its not SWD!

Anyway, while I'm disappointed (naturally after losing our 29 goal striker) I think we all had a gut feeling this would happen and this should do nothing to dampen the mood, IMO Alan Wouldn't have come as good as last season anyway under all the pressure and hero status so 150k is fantastic for the club.

And before any of you GIMPS come to gloat, just look at your team first, what a mess you lot are.

Still optimistic as ever and would like to take this time to thank Alan for his effort while here!

Good luck Al!

Brilliant post, good luck al, thanks for last year

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
mariner91
July 15, 2011, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
I was also thinking we'd sign a right mid and put Coulson up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Marinerz93
July 16, 2011, 10:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from upthestripes
Tbh the Fishy has done me a favour here. I'd got so bored of all the Connell discussion that I became numb about the whole thing and now I'm just not that bovvered.
Cheers Fishy!
£150k is a good deal if true, we did ok out of him in the end.

Agreed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Tinymariner
July 16, 2011, 12:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I'm just wondering if the figure was 150k, If they touted that figure around 3 weeks ago then it may be even higher. The Dons did say he was priced
out of the market, maybe Swindon increased their bid because of this info.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
TownSNAFU5
July 16, 2011, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
It is ironic that there has been so much discussion by the fans about one player, when the new managers want the players to play together as a team and team spirit is paramount.  

They can now bring in their own striker that fits into their overall aims, tactics and playing style.

The Club moves foreward without Alan. Thank you for last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Connell (the final SAGA!)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.