Next season

This thread currently has 717 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BillyBumheadz123
July 14, 2011, 2:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
First time poster, long time reader here. I just want to say that next season is looking very promising thanks to signings brought in and some negative attitudes which have been taken out of the team. For one Steve Watt, he used to try and make himself look passionate by having a go at other players during the match, when he himself was the cause of the problems. This type of on pitch issue should be sorted off it in the changing room, examples were against Bath etc.
I for one would like to see the 433 formation come in, as we have some cracking offensive players and to not utilise them all would be folly.
UTM

BillyBumheadz123
Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
July 14, 2011, 2:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Welcome billy.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
livosnose
July 14, 2011, 3:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
nice user name

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
80sglory
July 14, 2011, 4:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from BillyBumheadz123
For one Steve Watt, he used to try and make himself look passionate by having a go at other players during the match, when he himself was the cause of the problems. This type of on pitch issue should be sorted off it in the changing room, examples were against Bath etc.

Does that mean you'll start complaining if Pearson starts reading the riot act on the pitch ?
I like to see a player being vocal if he's right to do so, no doubt we lacked leadership all last season.
Vaguely remember which incident you mean about Watt but I thought he was right.
Reply: 3 - 8
Grantham_Mariner
July 14, 2011, 4:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 53
GRIMSBYS GOING UP, GOING UP, GOING UP

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
BillyBumheadz123
July 14, 2011, 4:41pm
Coke Drinker
No i agree there is a place for being vocal to organise the defense, but Watt used it as a tactic to make himself more appealing to the fans like he was giving his all, when really he was an ineffective gob on legs. And the players were aware of him using this as a way to win the fans over and they were not happy. I wont name names, but a Fleetwood player, a former Preston trainee and a former Partick Thistle player were very unhappy at the time about it.
I think the biggest shame was letting Hughes go last year, he had a wealth of experience and wasn't on a tonne of money. He was very near to full fitness as well, and his Southport performance was impressive.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Super Clive
July 14, 2011, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Hughes is a sick note , glad he has gone  can't take your original post serious now but utm and welcome  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
BIGChris
July 14, 2011, 6:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from BillyBumheadz123
I think the biggest shame was letting Hughes go last year, he had a wealth of experience and wasn't on a tonne of money. He was very near to full fitness as well, and his Southport performance was impressive.
UTM

If letting Hughes go was the BIGGEST 'shame' last season then you can't have seen many games
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
BillyBumheadz123
July 14, 2011, 6:44pm
Coke Drinker
I meant on a squad level Hughes brought a lot to the young players with his experience but i understand his actual lack of impact on the pitch. Dont get me started on the crumbling of the team in the latter stages of matches. I'm trying to forget that stuff ever happened, and hopefully look forward to a solid season this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.