No Members and 17 Guests

Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

This thread currently has 9,697 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
September 26, 2010, 11:49am
Guest User
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

im not a fan of yours but clearly fenty and  his manager ........are out of there depths, i trully think another relegation could happen before a turnaround of fortune appears

I am not on here to be popular, I am on here to vent my anger at the demise of the club I love
Reply: 40 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 11:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,390
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 1054

I am not on here to be popular, I am on here to vent my anger at the demise of the club I love

Nevermind  long as Dave Burns breathes you will never be the most unpopular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 11:55am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1

But icey, there was a credible alternative when NW was appointed and there are still credible alternatives available now - if JF wants one. It need not be a "baby and bathwater job" either. These are not bad players that we have, just badly organised and badly led.

It isn't reasonableness that is stopping JF from acting. It isn't a desire to give Woods a chance. It is fear, pure and simple. JF has made so many mistakes he is afraid of admitting another and having to change horses yet again because I think he knows that he is not very good at it. His judgement on fish markets may be spot on but he does not have the same abilities when it comes to running a football club and I think he knows it. So he is prevaricating.

Fair enough, I agree that changing managers is not ideal, but it is the least worst option available to the chairman at this time.

That arguement I can accept,I don't subscribe to it. Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are, I can't argue with your point because anyone with a good memory will remember me advocating the removal of a great hero of the club.  At the moment I'm in limbo with this one,I want stability,and I want success (doesn't everyone).  So I'm in the lets give Neil more time camp. It's a difficult camp to be in just at the moment but to do the annual change will just put us in the same position we have been in every November since bloody time began.  I can quote precedents from the past but I've done that before and something always happens to sodomist up the job.
I can understand folk's frustration,I have it myself but every time we've reacted to frustration we've made the problem worse. So at the moment I'm in the sit still and consolidate camp. If only Neil would solve this damn midfield thing. That is the most frustrating thing that faces us. It's one of the reasons I have a shiney pate. I've torn it all out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

That arguement I can accept,I don't subscribe to it. Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are, I can't argue with your point because anyone with a good memory will remember me advocating the removal of a great hero of the club.  At the moment I'm in limbo with this one,I want stability,and I want success (doesn't everyone).  So I'm in the lets give Neil more time camp. It's a difficult camp to be in just at the moment but to do the annual change will just put us in the same position we have been in every November since bloody time began.  I can quote precedents from the past but I've done that before and something always happens to sodomist up the job.
I can understand folk's frustration,I have it myself but every time we've reacted to frustration we've made the problem worse. So at the moment I'm in the sit still and consolidate camp. If only Neil would solve this damn midfield thing. That is the most frustrating thing that faces us. It's one of the reasons I have a shiney pate. I've torn it all out.

The midfield is my main concern with Woods because this has been a problem for around 6 years and he was at the club for all 6 years so it shouldnt be a suprise to him.The type of player (Wayne Burnett/Paul Groves) will not be easy to find or attract however it should have been the no1 priority from day one so lets get moving eh Neil?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Manchester Mariner
September 26, 2010, 12:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,819
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 1054

You show me a CEO of another company who has halved his customer base and decimated the company's income in ten years. . . . . do they 'get stick'?. . . No, they get relieved of their command!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

I think you need to stop thinking of this football club as being a company and of its supporters being customers. Going to Blundell Park is and has never been the same as going to Tesco.

Thats right at least when Tesco rip you off you still have a carrier bag full of assorted junk to look forward to eating
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
theicenian
September 26, 2010, 12:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Furneax and £500 investment rankles with me also im pretty sure the GTST have raised over 20k which whilst not brilliant is still better than £500 so why isn`t tarka on the board?

We don't want to go down this route again but in simple terms the trust like any other board member has to provide the following:-

250 K plus a 50K guarentee.  (the 50k could be a charge on assets) The trust does not have assets so has to raise the whole amount.

The number of shares is optional (my oft quoted "Chairman Paddy Hamilton only had ten")

That is why the trust do not have a seat on the board. They considered their money was best spent funding the things they do as raising 300K was going to take a hell of a long while.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
1mickylyons
September 26, 2010, 12:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from theicenian

We don't want to go down this route again but in simple terms the trust like any other board member has to provide the following:-

250 K plus a 50K guarentee.  (the 50k could be a charge on assets) The trust does not have assets so has to raise the whole amount.

The number of shares is optional (my oft quoted "Chairman Paddy Hamilton only had ten")

That is why the trust do not have a seat on the board. They considered their money was best spent funding the things they do as raising 300K was going to take a hell of a long while.

So how much does Furneax have in then £500 or £300k clear as bleeding mud innit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Marinerz93
September 26, 2010, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

So how much does Furneax have in then £500 or £300k clear as bleeding mud innit?

Furneaux is siting in Ramsden seat keeping it warm for him, Ramsden is the money man not Furneaux.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Denby
September 26, 2010, 12:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Quoted from theicenian

Changing managers is the main reason we are where we are

continually appointing the wrong manager is the main reason we are where we are
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mr Fenty's reply to my e-mail

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.