1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
December 26, 2009, 4:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
buying a laptop for daughter ....seems they now dont come with office ....another rip off going to up price.....one of her friends has just brought alaptop and purchased office  and student 2007  and it states it covers 3 comps....she has put it on 2...can the 3rd be put on my daughters.....PC World told me it couldnt because not same address.........which for a minute seemed  sensible enough...maybe  all need to be through same IP address.....but then thought  if she took it to her friends loaded the office and then brought it home would it not work.........after all she(her friend) would be able to take her laptop anywhere and use office

is there any wiz kids out there who understand all this

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Lord Sommet
December 26, 2009, 4:36pm
Never Forgive, Never Forget
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -1
You can register the Office suite on the laptop at her friends house it will work, PCWorld just wanting another sale by sounds of it. Alternatively you can download open office which is a free similar programme.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
kamakazebear
December 26, 2009, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
I think it will be registered in the friends name, so when it's installed, you will need there details for it to work

it won't be the ip address, since if you swap internet provider and such, it will change, so they can't be that harsh
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
topuphere666
December 26, 2009, 11:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
you have a pm mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Meggy
December 27, 2009, 5:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Google software for strudents. That's where our Office suite came from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Meggy
December 27, 2009, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Google software for students. That's where our Office suite came from.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
mike the mariner
December 29, 2009, 2:27am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: -2
openoffice is a decent free alternative.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › comp advice

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.