This thread currently has 2,982 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Biccys
December 1, 2009, 4:14pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
On a more serious note, http://www.fixya.com/support/t3399442-samsung_tocco_ultra_memory_card_wont
seems you ain't the only one fella. There has to be a setting on the phone that declares the card to Windows. Does it offer different options as to how to connect tteh device when you plug it in? I know my mrs. Smasung phone certainly did. Can be either "PC Suite" or whatever the Samsung derivitive is, or "Mass USB Device" or words to that effect.

I've still got the Samsung software on my PC at home, so I'll have a look after.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 19
Lord Sommet
December 1, 2009, 5:56pm
Never Forgive, Never Forget
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -1
It used to doesn't anymore. I have to use the software, as you will know it is male masturbation and pretty excrement to use.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Biccys
December 1, 2009, 11:58pm
Is the card easily removed? If so, I'd be tempted to take it out when transferring stuff. It'll be much quicker in a card reader type thing.

Also, is there a "Hard Reset" back to factory default settings on it? I'd do that too.

Make sure you back up your contacts though... Been down that road myself before...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 19
Lord Sommet
December 3, 2009, 2:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Biccys
Is the card easily removed? If so, I'd be tempted to take it out when transferring stuff. It'll be much quicker in a card reader type thing.

Also, is there a "Hard Reset" back to factory default settings on it? I'd do that too.

Make sure you back up your contacts though... Been down that road myself before...

I've tried putting it in my mobile broadband stick and it doesn't show up on that either so will try it in a card reader (one at work) if that fails I'll reformat the card if that fails I'll buy a new card and if that still fails and non of those show up, I'll get an hammer to the laptop and claim for a new one on house insurance!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Wrawby_Mariner
December 3, 2009, 7:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Lord Sommet

I've tried putting it in my mobile broadband stick and it doesn't show up on that either so will try it in a card reader (one at work) if that fails I'll reformat the card if that fails I'll buy a new card and if that still fails and non of those show up, I'll get an hammer to the laptop and claim for a new one on house insurance!

maybe your USB ports are fooked
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 14 - 19
Biccys
December 3, 2009, 7:57am
Quoted from Lord Sommet

Your mobile broadband stick??? Why would it work in there? Is there an adapter for a card in it?

A card reader SHOULD find it if it's not knadged. There's a very small chance the card's goosed, but it's rare they die. http://www.7dayshop.com for a new one if it doesn't show up on putting it into a card adapter.

Wrawbs has a point too. Is the USB port you're using confirmed OK? There's a slim chance it has stopped working, so try your phone in a different port if there's one available, or put a different KNOWN working device into the port you're using and see if that device works in it.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 19
Lord Sommet
December 3, 2009, 2:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Your mobile broadband stick??? Why would it work in there? Is there an adapter for a card in it?

A card reader SHOULD find it if it's not knadged. There's a very small chance the card's goosed, but it's rare they die. http://www.7dayshop.com for a new one if it doesn't show up on putting it into a card adapter.

Wrawbs has a point too. Is the USB port you're using confirmed OK? There's a slim chance it has stopped working, so try your phone in a different port if there's one available, or put a different KNOWN working device into the port you're using and see if that device works in it.

My broadband stick has a memory card reader built in, it used to come up on there as well.

I don't think its the usb ports because I can plug in numerous other usb wires for a range of different things - copier - phone wire - printer - etc etc and they all work. I'm gonna format it when I arise from my pit this evening and see if that does owt.

If it doesn't I'll buy one from work - 15% off day on Wednesday so works out cheaper than your link
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
grimsby pete
December 3, 2009, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 224
Will somsbody please tell me, What the fook you are all talking about. ?

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
0ld timer
December 4, 2009, 7:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from grimsby pete

i was thinking the same thing myself pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Lord Sommet
December 5, 2009, 2:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

My memory card in my phone is copulated!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Laptop help

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.