topuphere666
November 4, 2009, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Biccys
Walking through a Black flag flying Shi'ite muslim area (it was meant to be out of bounds, but I got lost, alone, wearing a pair of very "Western" shorts and a NY Yankees baseball cap) in Bahrain was a bit un-nerving, but there are worse places.

surely your brain told you to take your hat off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
lukeo
November 4, 2009, 3:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Leeds slip road junction 4 on the M612 ( i think it was)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
NorfolkImp
November 5, 2009, 8:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Outside the old Den as a 13 year old was pretty dangerous ...... never felt such genuine fear since, although a tear-up in a Maori bar in downturn Auckland back in 94' was a close thing!

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Les Brechin
November 5, 2009, 3:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Downtown Miami. When we were staying in Orlando we went over to Miami to see the Miami Dolphins, we were staying in Miami Beach but somehow we got lost and ended up in a right seedy area of Miami with a lot of rather unsavory looking characters walking the streets all tooled up. We soon hightailed it out of there.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
kingofthekippers
November 5, 2009, 5:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
most dangerous place in the world?

My wife's knickers.

Well, when she came home early from work and found me in them she went fucking ballistic and wouldn't stop hitting me.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
November 5, 2009, 8:07pm
Guest User
On the urine around Shankill Road in Belfast about 15 years ago was perhaps a little nieve. Especially when the IRA come into the pub in full gear collecting for the "cause".
Reply: 15 - 26
theicenian
November 5, 2009, 9:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from Les Brechin
Downtown Miami. When we were staying in Orlando we went over to Miami to see the Miami Dolphins, we were staying in Miami Beach but somehow we got lost and ended up in a right seedy area of Miami with a lot of rather unsavory looking characters walking the streets all tooled up. We soon hightailed it out of there.

Was taken round Miami by an english DJ who was resident out there. Went into the cuban part and was told never to look straight at any of the women or else I may never look again.Very difficult some of them were exceptionally good looking.On the way back to the hotel we stopped off at a bar which was full of really really big blokes most of whom seemed to have a gun,but it must have been alright cos the sherriff was sat at the bar and his gun had a barrel that nearly reached his toes.Never thought, it would take him about an hour to get it out of the holster.Anyway stood talking to some of them when I realized they were all wearing little tricolour badges, orange, white and green. This was at the height of the Northern Ireland troubles you understand. Grabbed my DJ mate and beat a hasty retreat as soon as they started talking about their friends behind the wire. A very very scary night,still it got the adrenalin flowing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
dapperz fun pub
November 6, 2009, 9:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Outside the old Den as a 13 year old was pretty dangerous ...... never felt such genuine fear since, although a tear-up in a Maori bar in downturn Auckland back in 94' was a close thing!

out of all the" ORRIBLE" grounds to go to i never got to the old den but ive certainly had that feeling at maine rd,goodison and bgham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Les Brechin
November 6, 2009, 10:51am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

out of all the" ORRIBLE" grounds to go to i never got to the old den but ive certainly had that feeling at maine rd,goodison and bgham

I actually went in the home end at The Old Den once. My brother who lives in London works with a few Millwall fans. Tony Rees scored for us after 20 seconds without any Millwall player touching the ball. I went to jump up as instinct before I realised where I was.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
ginnywings
November 6, 2009, 1:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Pub in Billingham,Cleveland,on some estate.Was full of 'Boro fans and when they heard my accent at the bar,i had the distinct feeling i was going to get battered.Beat a hasty retreat and luckily there was a taxi outside dropping someone off.Jumped in it just as half a dozen or more meatheads came out the place.

Never been so relieved in my life and gave my stupid mate a gobful for taking me there in the first place.He knows nothing of footy and rivalry and assured me all the locals were friendly.

We then went to a pub at the end of his street that he wouldn't use as he said it was rough.Made to feel welcome and had a great night.

We went to Redcar the next day and it made Clee look like the Copacabana.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › most dangerous place in the world

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.