This thread currently has 4,387 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Wurli
November 2, 2009, 7:59pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +2
Looking forward to this on Saturday, especially after seeing that you can get 6/4 on Valuev. Now I'm no boxing expert but I certainly expected to see him as the favourite given that he is the reigning champ, has lost only once in 50-odd fights and is basically a monster. I can't see any way Haye can win and I'm going to be very unpatriotic and have an extremely large wager on Valuev - unless anyone can convince I'm making a mistake?
Logged Offline
Private Message
EY Mariner
November 2, 2009, 8:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
You will be making a serious error if you do. Valuev may be massive, but he is also a very slow and limited fighter. Evander Holyfield, at least 10 years past his best, was very unlucky not to get a decision against Valuev last year. Haye's speed and workrate will be far higher than Holyfield's and he will win (I fancy by late stoppage).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Alfie
November 2, 2009, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from Wurli
Looking forward to this on Saturday, especially after seeing that you can get 6/4 on Valuev. Now I'm no boxing expert but I certainly expected to see him as the favourite given that he is the reigning champ, has lost only once in 50-odd fights and is basically a monster. I can't see any way Haye can win and I'm going to be very unpatriotic and have an extremely large wager on Valuev - unless anyone can convince I'm making a mistake?

You've not seen him fight yet then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
mariner91
November 2, 2009, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,938
Gold Stars: 265
I fancy Haye for an upset. I don't know why but I really like Haye and I may have a little wager on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
Wurli
November 2, 2009, 8:34pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +2
I just think that if Haye walks onto one he won't be getting back up and if it goes to points surely the judges will favour Valuez with it being in Germany.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
November 2, 2009, 8:38pm
Guest User
Haye is the better boxer but Valuev is an absolute beast. 36 years old, hairy, 7 feet 2 inches, 26 stone against a pumped up cruiserweight with a glass jaw.

I will be filling my boots at 6-4 like a man posessed (£100 which is a huge bet for me).
Reply: 5 - 32
mariner91
November 2, 2009, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,938
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Wurli
I just think that if Haye walks onto one he won't be getting back up and if it goes to points surely the judges will favour Valuez with it being in Germany.

He's quick though, I don't think Valuev will land many on him. Plus Valuev is very defensive so will be more bothered about stopping Haye hitting him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
grimsby pete
November 2, 2009, 9:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 224
Valuev is far too slow to hit Haye,

It will be a points win for Haye after Valuev is given the run round for 12 rounds.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Mingmariner
November 3, 2009, 7:17am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Anybody who doesnt want to pay for this fight, register at this site  http://www.doublefinish.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1644&sid=22327310d3ab1a8edcacf6896335c959

I watched the Froch fight here its a very good stream, it has all prem football as well. I have nothing to do with this site so this isnt spam.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
Ironsmiler
November 3, 2009, 6:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +1
Valuev may be Russian but he's the home town fighter here, and it has to be extremely clear cut for anyone to get away from Germany with a points result against a home towner, ask Robin Reid.  

I also doubt Haye can KO someone as big as that - plus Valuev hasn't been down as yet, never mind out, and he's been fighting proper Heavies his whole career.

It all points to an ugly 12 rounder - which makes Valuev at 6/4 very attractive for me too, with Valuev 4/1 by decision also a must-bet.

Lee Ridley is a Goal Machine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Haye v Valuev

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.