Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is it?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 108 Guests

What is it?

This thread currently has 1,202 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
theicenian
October 24, 2009, 11:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Yesterday I received a little missive from Orange.  It informed me that if I signed up for their mobile internet connection I would get all sorts of magical benefits for my mobile phone.

Now don't get me wrong here I'm all for progress but I'm afraid I'm from a generation that thinks a phone is for ringing people and for people to ring me. I have been known to use text,but always write in what young people would call longhand.

So I'm not going to take up their very generous offer,however I'm intrigued,please remember that I went to school in the fifties and therefore have a very old fashioned grasp of schoolboy language,if the NHS had offered me a new DONGLE I would have grabbed it with (wishfull thinking) both hands,but its Orange thats offering it. And to be honest I don't trust a mobile phone company to do transplant surgery.

Please,what is a DONGLE?
Logged Offline
Private Message
LeeGTFC
October 24, 2009, 2:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1
I thought it was device to connect to the internet. Here's some definitions all pretty much saying the same thing...

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=define:+dongle&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
MaccaBilk
October 24, 2009, 11:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
Quoted from theicenian
Please,what is a DONGLE?

Orange are offering you a little gadget that plugs into the USB port of your computer that will allow you to connect to the Internet over the mobile phone network.

They are trying to get you to cancel your BT landline altogether and use your Orange mobile phone for all your calls and your Orange "dongle" for connecting to the Internet.

This can actually work out as a pretty good deal for some people, but it all depends on the number of calls you make, your mobile tariff and how much you tend to download on your PC.

--
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.