No Members and 108 Guests

sky on freeview

This thread currently has 771 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Nu Shooz
August 26, 2009, 10:22pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
As anyone else had trouble with recieving sky sports and news channels on their freeview box toight, the rest of the channels are ok, wondered if the highwinds etc where to blame, as sky is fine on my virgin box
Logged Offline
Private Message
MaccaBilk
August 27, 2009, 12:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
Quoted from Nu Shooz
sky is fine on my virgin box

Wrawby!?

--
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Wrawby_Mariner
August 27, 2009, 12:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MaccaBilk

Wrawby!?

I dont use Virgin, waste of time and money
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 2 - 4
Wrawby_Mariner
August 27, 2009, 12:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Also its for the same reason why all shy customers who dont have sky plus have technical problems . . . .so you upgrade
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 4
mike the mariner
August 28, 2009, 12:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: -2
I would guess its because the transmitter may have had its power reduced for maintenance or some reason. Freeview is made up of 6 multiplexes (groups of channels) [url]http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/mux/[/url] If you lose the signal for a multiplex then you lose all the channels on it. In late September, some of the channels will swap multiplexes to make room for HD channels which should be available by the end of this year in some areas. Although no HD freeview set top boxes will be on sale when freeviewHD is launched.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › sky on freeview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.