Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › alloy wheels!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 132 Guests

alloy wheels!

This thread currently has 2,127 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
cleemariner1
August 24, 2009, 4:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
i'm looking for a new set of wheels for my galaxy and wondered if any fellow fishy members could recommend somewhere decent in clee/grimsby that sell and fit them for a reasonable price?

GRIMSBY TOWN...BSP CHAMPIONS 2010/11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Citymariner
August 24, 2009, 5:39pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Are you wanting original or aftermarket?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
cleemariner1
August 24, 2009, 6:25pm
Snakebite drinker
just some new one's aftermarket not the galaxy one's

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Citymariner
August 26, 2009, 9:59pm
Pontoonite
Buying online is going to get you them cheaper then just fit them yourself. You make sure you get the right stud pattern and offset for your car.

Halfords always have deals on. I take it you're after 16" upwards. As a result you're going to end up on lower profile tyres and reduce the ride quality of the car. Which  is one of the crucial factors of a MPV is it not?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
roundballovalhole
August 27, 2009, 11:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from Citymariner
Buying online is going to get you them cheaper then just fit them yourself. You make sure you get the right stud pattern and offset for your car.

Halfords always have deals on. I take it you're after 16" upwards. As a result you're going to end up on lower profile tyres and reduce the ride quality of the car. Which  is one of the crucial factors of a MPV is it not?

He sounds quite keen to pimp his ride not ride comfortably!
Reply: 4 - 10
Citymariner
August 29, 2009, 7:58am
Pontoonite
Quoted from 1054

He sounds quite keen to pimp his ride not ride comfortably!

Oh.

[img]http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/carbage/pages/0071/main.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
cleemariner1
August 29, 2009, 11:45am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Citymariner

yer thats true,i know it will reduce the quality of the ride but,im wanting the galaxy to look good but not in the same class of that pic lmao

im a novice to alloys so help is apprieciated,im off to halfords tomorrow but having seen it take three of them to change a wiper motor it doesnt fill me with confidance in what they say lol..
am wanting 17" if they will fit comfortably that is!

the tyres and rims at the moment are 15 " 195/65/15??
whats the best to put on...and am not wanting to spend more than £500 on em

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
theicenian
August 29, 2009, 1:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Don't want to be too cruel but why would you want to put alloys on a varient of a Trany van. Surely a waste of money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Meggy
August 30, 2009, 10:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
As above, my kids always referred to those things as "vans with windows" and when they saw one with a spoiler, etc, the used to say, "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

Anyway, to the OP, if you go from 15" wheels to 17" wheels, you'll need some lower profile tyres to keep the same rolling radius. If you DON'T do the above, then your speedo will be well out, and you will run the risk of the tyres rubbing on the suspension or the bodywork or both.

And going low profile means MUCH harder ride, and usually poorer handling, which, in one of those, could be lethal.

Here: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Enter your own tyre size, then try 195/55 17"'s, the bit at the bottom tells you about speedo errors.

Oh, and a further bit of advice: before going down this route, ring a few tyre places with your new chosen tyre size: some sizes are a bit obscure, so end up VERY pricey Others fit every other car on the road, so are cheaper. best to find out FIRST.

Meggy, (who has gone down this road with an Impreza, but ended up with it on 17's which is a stock size).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
cleemariner1
August 30, 2009, 9:22pm
Snakebite drinker
thanks for the info meggys, ive tried that and as it turns out if i go for 205/50/17 there is very little difference in speed about 0.2 when at 60 mph.

will check out garages regarding the tyres never thought of that.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
cleemariner1
August 30, 2009, 9:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from theicenian
Don't want to be too cruel but why would you want to put alloys on a varient of a Trany van. Surely a waste of money.

although i want the car to look ok one of my daughters has autism and hates direct sunlight when travelling hence "tinted windows"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › alloy wheels!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.