1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
bawarmy
July 28, 2009, 10:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
On Saturday I was in Skeggy with the wife and young lad. We had some fish and chips on the seafront and they were lovely but while we were sat on the wall along the front we saw a family from Scunthorpe. I say they were from Scunthorpe as they all had Scunthorpe tops on, all 8 of them from Dad with the face tattoos, the twenty-something Mum, (stone that is) and their six grubby young kids. When I say grubby I mean skin that has ground in dirt that obviously hadn't seen water for a good while. I wanted to take a photo so that I could put it on here just to give you lot a laugh but alas my lad’s phone was full with pictures and before we could delete any they were in the rock shop down the road.

If that wasn't enough to paint a picture of what our friends from down the road are like along came another family only minutes later, their youngest of around 5 or 6 wearing a yellow Scunthorpe shirt. Mum again was morbidly obese ( a real fart and give us a clue type) and also sported a fading love-bite on her neck which was probably given to her by the man she was with.
He was a little guy of around 5 foot four and he too had tattoos including a couple on his neck, he also had his eyebrows pierced and looked like he was on day release. He had the home shirt on.

A young guy unlocked his bike near them and casually brushed off a small piece of paper that had got caught in his spokes; he got on his bike and pedalled off down the road unaware that the piece of paper had caught the bracing Skegness breeze and brushed against the love-bite wearing lady. (She was actually the size that most things couldn't get by without accidentally touching her.)
The man went crackers at the cyclist shouting abuse and profanities at him telling him he was,' going to punch the excrement out of him and he knows it and that's why he's ridden off so quickly'. The cyclist didn't know it because he was long gone and hadn't taken any notice of the family at all. The man carried on ranting and raving at his wife and kids about what he would do to the cyclist if he ever saw him again.
Me and the missus watched open mouthed at his caveman antics along with half of the people on Skegness seafront.

There's no point to this post really i just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I read posts from Scunthorpe fans on here and see it as just a bit of harmless banter and when our lot reply with their take on what people from Scunthorpe are like I just take it with a pinch of salt and think that no way can they really be that bad. Well after what I saw on Saturday I'm not so sure. OK everywhere has rough people and not very intelligent folk but you really had to see these people to believe them.
Perhaps that is why Scunthorpe are in the top ten most hated clubs in the country when people like this are wearing their shirts and acting like this in public.

Thank you please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
topuphere666
July 28, 2009, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
i also saw these!!!
they looked flipping ridoulous! and were fat!

bloody good firework display and a good performance from the folk band terrafolk!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
MyDogsThoughts
July 28, 2009, 12:07pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Education and water is what they lack by the sound of it, glad they didn't have a Dog.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
Codzilla
July 28, 2009, 1:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Good, entertaining, factual read.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
tomb
August 4, 2009, 12:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -7
Scunts.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › People from Scunthorpe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.