1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
July 19, 2009, 8:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Was at the MEN last night. Great night of boxing and delighted for Khan. Thought it was a very clinical, professional performance and wondered what others thought? On the undercard Kell Brook from Sheffield was extremely impressive and must have a great chance of a world title shot in the next couple of years.

Getting our £40 cheapo seats upgraded to £100 seats about 15 yards from the ring was a bit of a bonus as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
BIGChris
July 19, 2009, 8:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Same happened to my lad.

It seems that they didnt sell anywhere near the number of tickets that were sold for the Barrera fight
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Rodley Mariner
July 19, 2009, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris
Same happened to my lad.

It seems that they didnt sell anywhere near the number of tickets that were sold for the Barrera fight

The entire top tier seemed to be closed which was where we'd bought our tickets for. Were there for the Barrera fight and it was near to full. I suppose Kotelnik doesn't hae the same mass appeal but it was a shame. I heard rumours that it was really delayed and moved from the O2 as the sales were even worse there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
GTFCDan
July 20, 2009, 3:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Was at the MEN last night. Great night of boxing and delighted for Khan. Thought it was a very clinical, professional performance and wondered what others thought? On the undercard Kell Brook from Sheffield was extremely impressive and must have a great chance of a world title shot in the next couple of years.

Getting our £40 cheapo seats upgraded to £100 seats about 15 yards from the ring was a bit of a bonus as well!

He did well but still has alot of room for improvement. Kotelnik looked pretty basic and straight forward and didn't have much to worry Khan really. As for Kel Brook i've had the pleasure of seeing him up close in training as a friend of mine is mates with him after he trained and sparred with him at the Ingle gym, and he has got a massive future he is awsome and will got very far.

I'm the law and you can't beat the law
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2009, 3:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GTFCDan

He did well but still has alot of room for improvement. Kotelnik looked pretty basic and straight forward and didn't have much to worry Khan really. As for Kel Brook i've had the pleasure of seeing him up close in training as a friend of mine is mates with him after he trained and sparred with him at the Ingle gym, and he has got a massive future he is awsome and will got very far.

I'd agree with all that. You don't get many 22 year olds without room for improvement though.

Brook was exceptionally impressive I thought. The way he throws that left jab almost like an overhand is superb. I hope he does well as he has the style to become a very popular fighter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
GTFCDan
July 20, 2009, 4:00pm

Table Wine Drinker

I'd agree with all that. You don't get many 22 year olds without room for improvement though.

Brook was exceptionally impressive I thought. The way he throws that left jab almost like an overhand is superb. I hope he does well as he has the style to become a very popular fighter.

We'll start to see Kel move up in class soon i think as he's just embarrasing everyone at domestic level

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2009, 5:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GTFCDan

We'll start to see Kel move up in class soon i think as he's just embarrasing everyone at domestic level

i know who to see about tickets when he does then  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
GTFCDan
July 21, 2009, 5:02pm

Table Wine Drinker

i know who to see about tickets when he does then  

Yep ha ha

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Rodley Mariner
July 21, 2009, 9:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GTFCDan

Yep ha ha

I see there are rumours about Brook wanting Michael Jennings. Would be a bit of a cracker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
GTFCDan
July 21, 2009, 11:16pm

Table Wine Drinker

I see there are rumours about Brook wanting Michael Jennings. Would be a bit of a cracker.

Yer, would be a step up aswell but i think Kel would beat him, hope it happens.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Amir Khan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.