grimsby pete
July 26, 2009, 4:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from theicenian
That made it an a win by a country mile.

Have you had a good weekend? Where did you get to?

I been in the garden mostly Icy,

Oh ! was you talking to Leicmariner

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 116
theicenian
July 26, 2009, 4:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Yea Pete, been gently hoping he would appear on here but didn't expect him quite so early.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 116
leicmariner
July 26, 2009, 4:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +4
Amsterdam just got back.  Absolutely shattered but a good laugh, now I have to catch up an watch the highlights of the last mountain stage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 116
leicmariner
July 26, 2009, 4:54pm
Snakebite drinker
There was no need to worry big bro looked after me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 116
theicenian
July 26, 2009, 4:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from leicmariner
There was no need to worry big bro looked after me!

He kept quite about that. Surely he's getting too old for those sort of jaunts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 116
MaccaBilk
July 27, 2009, 7:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
Why did they play the Danish national anthem when Contador got up onto the podium, I thought he was Spanish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKyXWjyBy8

--
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 116
leicmariner
July 27, 2009, 11:53am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Well thats it for another year,

Another stage win for Mark Cavendish, thats 6 and 10 in 2 years,

Wiggins finishes 4th overall, fantastic !

Can't wait for next years race , with a british team entered,

Well done to all the riders who finished.

This British team who exactly will be in it can't see Wiggins going unless a) he's the team leader and b) the team has decent other riders to support him, and if thats the case Cav will definetly not be in it as he needs a team to support him.  I can't see a team of Tour first timers doing alot except the odd break away.  There were four British riders in this years tour Wiggalius although you didn't see him alot as his team leader had a mare he would go.  I'm not sure about Miller he is a good domicilary and is desperate for a break away win so may go but I think he would prefer to stay with Garmin and help Wiggins.  Also dont the teams have to qualify and then a couple of teams get wild cards as the team hasn't even started yet I do believe it a little arrogant to think we will get in, well deserving teams have been overlooked in the past if they haven't done enough to qualify.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 116
theicenian
July 27, 2009, 1:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from leicmariner

This British team who exactly will be in it can't see Wiggins going unless a) he's the team leader and b) the team has decent other riders to support him, and if thats the case Cav will definetly not be in it as he needs a team to support him.  I can't see a team of Tour first timers doing alot except the odd break away.  There were four British riders in this years tour Wiggalius although you didn't see him alot as his team leader had a mare he would go.  I'm not sure about Miller he is a good domicilary and is desperate for a break away win so may go but I think he would prefer to stay with Garmin and help Wiggins.  Also dont the teams have to qualify and then a couple of teams get wild cards as the team hasn't even started yet I do believe it a little arrogant to think we will get in, well deserving teams have been overlooked in the past if they haven't done enough to qualify.

The new team manager reckoned 4/5 years before they could do any good. So I can't see any of the current Brits moving to them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 116
grimsby pete
July 27, 2009, 6:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MaccaBilk
Why did they play the Danish national anthem when Contador got up onto the podium, I thought he was Spanish?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKyXWjyBy8

Did you see Contador look at the flag with a puzzled face,

I thought I was Spanish ,

Oh they have got the flag right anyway.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 116
James77
July 27, 2009, 7:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Didn't spot that national anthem balls-up....v funny.

I enjoyed yesterday's stage, especially the last few kms. Columbia were getting swamped by other teams but Hincapie put the hammer down brilliantly with about a km to go. Cav and Renshaw judged the final corner perfectly while the others got in each others' way.

As for the British team....Brailsford may get Millar and Geraint Jones. I doubt Cav will join as he has a whole team built around him now and you can bet Armstrong will try to sign him for his new team next year. Wiggins is a possibility but is happy where he is.

Wegelius burned his bridges with British Cycling a few years back at the World Champs - while riding for a weak GB team in the road race he helped out his pro team mates who were riding for Italy, caused a lot of upset. I'd be surprised if Brailsford approached him...although Wegelius is a nice enough bloke and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since. He's half British (Yorkshire somewhere), half Finnish, lives in Italy and rides for a Belgian team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tour De France

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.