Poojah
April 15, 2024, 6:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,051
Gold Stars: 1,535
Quoted from Mayaman

As an exile, I'm hoping I can get to see the games still.  If we only have access to Televised games that will be crap.  I don't have the choice of going to a live game. If I could, I would. Back to reading results online. Even Ceefax was more exciting as you waited for the page to change.

Pretty sure they won't scrap the overseas package. The Sky deal is domestic; it's of no benefit to anyone to sack off the overseas deal and all the revenue that comes with it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
Townforlife
April 15, 2024, 7:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Sky:
"From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

Still the issue of VPNs for domestic viewing. Why pay Now TV more? I wonder if there'll be a crackdown on that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
pen penfras
April 15, 2024, 8:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -123
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Townforlife
Quoted from Sky:
"From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

Still the issue of VPNs for domestic viewing. Why pay Now TV more? I wonder if there'll be a crackdown on that?

That's on the assumption that it will be cheaper for exiles. I'd fully expect a big price increase for overseas streaming. Or have they already listed the price?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
GollyGTFC
April 16, 2024, 12:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,984
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Poojah

Pretty sure they won't scrap the overseas package. The Sky deal is domestic; it's of no benefit to anyone to sack off the overseas deal and all the revenue that comes with it.

As soon as they find an overseas partner iFollow will be ended. Next season will probably be the final season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 53
Mayaman
April 16, 2024, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,462
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Poojah

Made my day Poojah.  As you often do, but usually with your well crafted anecdotes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
Grantham_Mariner
April 16, 2024, 5:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,221
Gold Stars: 52
I wonder if Sky will show a game moved to 12.30 on a Saturday by the Police, or if the Police will have any infuence over Sky changing kick off times?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
Poojah
May 8, 2024, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,051
Gold Stars: 1,535
Sky Sports+ to launch in August. Not much we didn’t already know here, but anyways…

https://www.skysports.com/foot.....-app-and-new-channel

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
Geordie Mariner
May 8, 2024, 2:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +3
New Sky Sports + for next season  - fantastic coverage of EFL with guaranteed minimum of 20 Town’s games to be televised live, at no additional cost for existing Sky Sports customers. 😀😀

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
LH
May 8, 2024, 3:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,613
Gold Stars: 177
Hopefully getting to watch Town more next season is a good thing and not something to threaten kids with.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
AlfredTheGreat
May 8, 2024, 11:03pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -156
Quoted from GollyGTFC

As soon as they find an overseas partner iFollow will be ended. Next season will probably be the final season.

Is there such a thing as "an overseas partner"? You need lots of them in different regions. It makes more sense to do it yourself and sell it to overseas subscribers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New TV Deal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.