Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2024, 9:14am

Do we really need a new England shirt featuring different colours in the cross of St George?

Also didn't realise a new England shirt cost £124.99 for an adult, jeez.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68632034
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 22, 2024, 9:19am; Reply: 1
Not for me, I will continue to wear my 1966 World Cup official replica red shirt. Only had it 40 years.
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2024, 9:22am; Reply: 2
Theres been loads of different colour St Georges on England kits over the years. Absolute non-story and another thing the grifters have latched on to. It’s one of the better England kits imo. Hopefully it becomes as iconic as the red 66 one in July.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 22, 2024, 9:23am; Reply: 3
Not sure I really care about the cross to be honest, the price is the real scandal here
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2024, 9:25am; Reply: 4
Great work by the Nike bigwigs getting everyone talking about their new merch.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 22, 2024, 9:29am; Reply: 5
Quoted from pizzzza
Not sure I really care about the cross to be honest, the price is the real scandal here

I agree. I’ve bought lots of England shirts over the years, but I’m not a complete idiot - those prices are preposterous.

Shame really, I’m liking that purple one. I definitely think the throwback ones you can get at Sports Direct are the way to go, they’re good value and look fantastic (especially the ‘82 World Cup one). They’re official, too.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 22, 2024, 9:30am; Reply: 6
Football. the working mans game

Disgrace of a price
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 22, 2024, 9:36am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Football. the working mans game

Disgrace of a price

Don't worry, there's a cheap version and that's only 85 quid.
Posted by: bedders78, March 22, 2024, 10:00am; Reply: 8
When did they start putting a cross on the shirt anyway? I've never noticed
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 22, 2024, 10:07am; Reply: 9
It’ll go down as worn by another epic fail of a team
Posted by: Simon, March 22, 2024, 10:25am; Reply: 10
Football used to be the sport of the working man, Just shy of £200 if i bought myself and my grandson a shirt each ahead of this summers Euro's WTF

I'm out
Posted by: Ruston AT, March 22, 2024, 10:25am; Reply: 11

If it were possible the players should all refuse to wear the shirt but that would be against a contractual agreement I'm sure. So, just cut the flag out and wear shirt......Simples
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 22, 2024, 10:37am; Reply: 12
30 quid total for both the home and away shirt on dhgate, can't wait to wear my imperceptibly identifiable knock-off with its SAINT WOKE'S CROSS to rile up thick girl privates when it turns up from china in 8 weeks time
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 22, 2024, 11:08am; Reply: 13
I presume nobody has a problem with this?!
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 22, 2024, 11:18am; Reply: 14
Great news for the fake replica football kit maker, and another reason for fans to go down the “illegal” route. Won’t be long now until every working class football fan is sat in their fake Chinese replica jersey, watching the games on their dodgy fire stick, and the greedy rich authorities have only got themselves to blame.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 22, 2024, 11:35am; Reply: 15
£120 for a kids shirt too. Bloody disgraceful. I wonder how much it costs to make them!
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2024, 11:45am; Reply: 16
No Cross of St. George on the collar? It's a bleeding disgrace! We just want England to be like it was in the good old days:

Tweet 1770860849772576875 will appear here...
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, March 22, 2024, 1:47pm; Reply: 17
Great example this of elements of the media creating an outrage over nothing, to distract people from bigger problems.

Worst thing about the England kit is the outrageous price but instead people are frothing at the mouth aver a tiny cross on the collar, many didn’t even know was there.
Posted by: Yarborough Vaults, March 22, 2024, 1:48pm; Reply: 18
I think we can all remember the fury when that self-important designer decided to fiddle with our badge and the club served it up done and dusted.

People take tradition seriously and rightly so.

Perhaps Nike could 'playfully' alter the Palestinian flag and see how that's received.
Posted by: ska face, March 22, 2024, 1:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Heisenberg
I presume nobody has a problem with this?!

The fashion police, maybe
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 22, 2024, 2:30pm; Reply: 20
This is absolutely outrageous. How dare they change the colour of our flag. I’m going to boycott the Euro’s in protest and just watch the Olympic Games this summer…

It’s amazing how all the right wing rags that are crying over the England shirt pretty much all described the 2012 Olympic kit design as “a modern twist” and were all positive about it.
Posted by: rancido, March 22, 2024, 2:33pm; Reply: 21
Surely if you change the colours of a flag then it no longer represents the country it was designed for?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 22, 2024, 2:46pm; Reply: 22
The shirt is a rip. off and would never buy one. However I have four town shirts in stripes, red, blue , and a orange type  from a few years back.

I do have a Denmark official shirt which cost me peanuts compared to our prices which I wear when England are not playing.  

My wife is half Danish and my niece has played for Denmark under 21. So I wear it with pride.

The cross on the England shirt has nothing to do with England. Cut the collar off I don't like collars. anyway. ;)

Did someone from the FA. Agree to this if so wants sacking.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 22, 2024, 2:48pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Not for me, I will continue to wear my 1966 World Cup official replica red shirt. Only had it 40 years.

Does it still fit after 40 years?

Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 22, 2024, 2:54pm; Reply: 24

Don't worry, there's a cheap version and that's only 85 quid.

Crikey !! Even that's expensive.

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 22, 2024, 3:25pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from GollyGTFC
This is absolutely outrageous. How dare they change the colour of our flag. I’m going to boycott the Euro’s in protest and just watch the Olympic Games this summer…

It’s amazing how all the right wing rags that are crying over the England shirt pretty much all described the 2012 Olympic kit design as “a modern twist” and were all positive about it.

ooohhh, Jessica Ennis......
Posted by: rancido, March 22, 2024, 3:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from rancido
Surely if you change the colours of a flag then it no longer represents the country it was designed for?

For those that disagree with me, if you change the colours of the French flag from blue, white and red to green, yellow and red ( still 3 vertical stripes) then is it still the tricolor of France?
Posted by: mimma, March 22, 2024, 3:39pm; Reply: 27
If they did that to the French flag they would take to the streets burning tyres and rioting!
Posted by: ska face, March 22, 2024, 3:40pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from rancido

For those that disagree with me, if you change the colours of the French flag from blue, white and red to green, yellow and red ( still 3 vertical stripes) then is it still the tricolor of France?

If you change the football to a football-sized flump then is it still a football? Who are we to say, only god can judge.
Posted by: Mayaman, March 22, 2024, 3:43pm; Reply: 29

Don't make shirts like they used to.
Posted by: rancido, March 22, 2024, 3:43pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ska face

If you change the football to a football-sized flump then is it still a football? Who are we to say, only god can judge.

Obviously, if you believe in God .
Posted by: Mayaman, March 22, 2024, 3:45pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Les Brechin
£120 for a kids shirt too. Bloody disgraceful. I wonder how much it costs to make them!

Probably about a fiver by a kid who gets a dollar a day for a 12 hour shift.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 22, 2024, 3:50pm; Reply: 32

Does it still fit after 40 years?

Yes

Posted by: rancido, March 22, 2024, 3:58pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from ska face

The point is that a flag, wether you agree with it or not, represents a country. In the example I quoted, by changing the colours the French flag becomes the Mali flag. Obviously this might seem trivial to some but you only have to observe the Scot's love of their flag and more recently the Irish pride in theirs to see how flags are endeared by the countries they represent.
Posted by: ska face, March 22, 2024, 4:06pm; Reply: 34
What if you’re colour blind? Or a dog?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, March 22, 2024, 4:14pm; Reply: 35

ooohhh, Jessica Ennis......

Still no Sally Gunnell for me Clive.

The sweaty summer of ‘92. Barcelona! How can I forget, the moment that you stepped in the room, you took my breath away.

Aunty Susan asking a 9 year old me what I wanted to be when I grew up.

‘A hurdle Aunty’

‘Your legs are a bit short to be a hurdler, love’

‘No Aunty. A hurdle. I want Gunnell’s trailing leg to snap over me like a ten-times-a-minute, transatlantic Concorde, her musky gusset hovering so close to me, I can smell it wink’

‘[to my Mum] Pat, is he old enough to be sectioned?!’
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, March 22, 2024, 4:22pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face
What if you’re colour blind? Or a dog?

Speaking as a colourblind person who owns a dog, neither of us are willing to pay £125 for a football shirt, regardless of how grey the St Georges cross is
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 22, 2024, 4:58pm; Reply: 37
Who on earth can justify forking out £125 for a football shirt??
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 22, 2024, 5:15pm; Reply: 38

her musky gusset hovering so close to me, I can smell it wink’

Like a coquettish clam.

I think it's how we all remember the Barcelona Olympics.
Posted by: mariner91, March 22, 2024, 5:20pm; Reply: 39

Still no Sally Gunnell for me Clive.

The sweaty summer of ‘92. Barcelona! How can I forget, the moment that you stepped in the room, you took my breath away.

Aunty Susan asking a 9 year old me what I wanted to be when I grew up.

‘A hurdle Aunty’

‘Your legs are a bit short to be a hurdler, love’

‘No Aunty. A hurdle. I want Gunnell’s trailing leg to snap over me like a ten-times-a-minute, transatlantic Concorde, her musky gusset hovering so close to me, I can smell it wink’

‘[to my Mum] Pat, is he old enough to be sectioned?!’

Not a sentence I ever thought I'd read on the Fishy.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, March 22, 2024, 5:38pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from rancido

The point is that a flag, wether you agree with it or not, represents a country. In the example I quoted, by changing the colours the French flag becomes the Mali flag. Obviously this might seem trivial to some but you only have to observe the Scot's love of their flag and more recently the Irish pride in theirs to see how flags are endeared by the countries they represent.

Most England fans were taking Union Jack's to the match up until not that long ago, they didn't even realise it wasn't the flag of England. Now they're mock outraged :)
Posted by: mariner91, March 22, 2024, 5:40pm; Reply: 41
I’m exceptionally jealous of all the people who have so few actual problems and things to do in their life that they find the time to be outraged by this. A small change in colour on a tiny flag on the back of the collar of a football shirt.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, March 22, 2024, 6:20pm; Reply: 42
Mmm - I do wonder what the reaction would be like if say they changed the colour of the flag on the Scots shirts or the colour of the dragon on the Welsh shirts?
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 22, 2024, 6:28pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from ska face

The fashion police, maybe

Ay, you cheeky sod, I own that hat!

Don’t get me wrong, the missus shames me when I’m wearing it saying I look like a hillbillly, but I love it x.
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 6:39pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from LH
Theres been loads of different colour St Georges on England kits over the years. Absolute non-story and another thing the grifters have latched on to. It’s one of the better England kits imo. Hopefully it becomes as iconic as the red 66 one in July.

Loads eh? Show one.

You just can't say anything that's against St. Wokes cross can you?
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 6:40pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from mariner91
I’m exceptionally jealous of all the people who have so few actual problems and things to do in their life that they find the time to be outraged by this. A small change in colour on a tiny flag on the back of the collar of a football shirt.

Oh dear me.
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 6:43pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from GollyGTFC

But the British flags the same, not different. Do you really not understand.? I mean really?
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 6:46pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from rancido

I know lets have new Grimsby shirts, you know the ones Green with yellow dots, with a Scunny logo on the left and Lincoln on the right. Great
Posted by: chaos33, March 22, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 48
Go on, spell out really clearly why you’re so cross.
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Most England fans were taking Union Jack's to the match up until not that long ago, they didn't even realise it wasn't the flag of England. Now they're mock outraged :)

At least it had the St Georges cross not St Wokes.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2024, 6:50pm; Reply: 50
Who is Saint Woke anyway?
Posted by: chaos33, March 22, 2024, 6:52pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from GrimPol

I know lets have new Grimsby shirts, you know the ones Green with yellow dots, with a Scunny logo on the left and Lincoln on the right. Great

But….genius……..it has nothing to do with the dog whistle ‘woke’ concept (whatever that is). This is Nike getting cocky.
Messing with a national flag and charging £120. In the grand scheme of life, it’s not important is it. If you watch GB News, it’s the end of f***ing days.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 22, 2024, 6:55pm; Reply: 52
I do think it's disrespectful, but somebody (or a group of people) at the FA signed off on this or potentially even proposed it. Everyone is talking about it though, and maybe that was part of the Nike marketing strategy all along?
Posted by: grimps, March 22, 2024, 7:38pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
I think we can all remember the fury when that self-important designer decided to fiddle with our badge and the club served it up done and dusted.

People take tradition seriously and rightly so.

Perhaps Nike could 'playfully' alter the Palestinian flag and see how that's received.

There would be car bombings in Oregon , the worst we’ll see over this is some heavy tutting  
Posted by: Marinerdeano, March 22, 2024, 7:56pm; Reply: 54
To those getting irate about this one way or the other, chill out it doesn't really matter. You may then enjoy life just a little bit more.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 22, 2024, 8:08pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Marinerdeano
To those getting irate about this one way or the other, chill out it doesn't really matter. You may then enjoy life just a little bit more.

I am a massive England fan and consider myself hugely patriotic, but this his a non-story to me. Minor stuff.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 22, 2024, 8:26pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from chaos33
Go on, spell out really clearly why you’re so cross.

Saw what you did there.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 22, 2024, 8:28pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from GrimPol

At least it had the St Georges cross not St Wokes.

Please explain to me why the blue, red and purplish cross is woke.
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 22, 2024, 9:08pm; Reply: 58
img20240322wa0008_3058.jpg
Posted by: GrimPol, March 22, 2024, 9:14pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from chaos33

But….genius……..it has nothing to do with the dog whistle ‘woke’ concept (whatever that is). This is Nike getting cocky.
Messing with a national flag and charging £120. In the grand scheme of life, it’s not important is it. If you watch GB News, it’s the end of f***ing days.

Dog whistle, ha ha ha straight from the The Idiots Guide of Lefty Woke Phrases book.

The FA made the decision thinking it was cool, not understanding that Nike are just laughing at the English.

Pity that the 3 Lions weren't changed for Chickens.
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2024, 9:33pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Abdul19
Who is Saint Woke anyway?

Saint Woke of Tofu? You must have heard of him.

He absolutely despises all true Englishmen. Not the woke ones, obviously, but all the others.
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2024, 9:40pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from GrimPol

Loads eh? Show one.

You just can't say anything that's against St. Wokes cross can you?

1998 away shirt had a red and pale red cross on it.

2011 England home shirt: four different colours of St Georges.

2012 Away GK kit; made up of a pattern of green and cream crosses.  
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2024, 9:41pm; Reply: 62
I don’t understand this therefore it’s woke 😡😡😡😡
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 22, 2024, 9:52pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from grimsby pete
The shirt is a rip. off and would never buy one. However I have four town shirts in stripes, red, blue , and a orange type  from a few years back.

I do have a Denmark official shirt which cost me peanuts compared to our prices which I wear when England are not playing.  

My wife is half Danish and my niece has played for Denmark under 21. So I wear it with pride.

The cross on the England shirt has nothing to do with England. Cut the collar off I don't like collars. anyway. ;)

Did someone from the FA. Agree to this if so wants sacking.

Come on you brave little red crosses tell me what you think or do you not have the guts. ?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, March 22, 2024, 9:52pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from GrimPol

Pity that the 3 Lions weren't changed for Chickens.

Aren’t two of the three lions French?

A case of poulet-vous coucher avec moi
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 23, 2024, 1:38am; Reply: 65
The flag of St George is a red cross on a white background.

Anything else such as a cross of completely different colours and not on a white background is not the flag of St George.

Anyone such as Nike or the FA who are suggesting it is have clearly got excrement for brains.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 23, 2024, 5:39am; Reply: 66
After waking up still drunk and deleting my original post that was just for wind up purposes all I’ll say from my original musings is that why do we have to suffer a shirt made by Nike ? Even though it’s actually a nice design and has some odd logo on the back of the collar.
Posted by: golfer, March 23, 2024, 6:04am; Reply: 67
Primark could make them for a tenner. You could always carry them out of the shop in a Harrod's bag.
Posted by: Phil the cod, March 23, 2024, 6:26am; Reply: 68
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
After waking up still drunk and deleting my original post that was just for wind up purposes all I’ll say from my original musings is that why do we have to suffer a shirt made by Nike ? Even though it’s actually a nice design and has some odd logo on the back of the collar.

Don't we have someone in this country that can manufacture a football jersey and sell it to his fellow countrymen for less than £140?
Didn't we invent the game and therefore the jerseys?
This whole sorry saga just about sums up what this country has become, pathetic, I blame the f.a. and even the government for allowing this.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 23, 2024, 7:30am; Reply: 69
The kit looks class. The only problem is the price.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, March 23, 2024, 7:54am; Reply: 70
It works out as perfect distraction tactics for politicians too. Wade in to things like this,  add a bit more divide and conquer, smokescreen from the real issues that they have created. Don't get drawn into it. It really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.  I think both shirts happen to look really nice. Pricing ludicrous though but people must choose to buy if they set that amount.
Posted by: Maringer, March 23, 2024, 8:44am; Reply: 71
The most controversial thing about this kit should be the price, not the design of a tiny bit on the back of it. Is the bullshit culture war a ploy to distract from the price?

Have to admit, I've no idea how much the previous shirts cost. We're they a similarly ludicrous price to this latest effort?

Ridiculous for a bit of polyester knocked together in some factory in the far east.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 23, 2024, 9:07am; Reply: 72
It's that price because morons will pay it. People have the power to challenge these big corporations that exploit us in the name of capitalism. But we're so vain and gullible that the second we see a shiny new thing, we have to have it and will pay far more than It's worth just so as not to miss out.

If everybody who thinks that's overpriced, which is everybody, didn't buy this, then the price would come down to something reasonable. But we're too stupid and lazy to do anything about it.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 23, 2024, 9:07am; Reply: 73
The irony being that the people most offended by it are broadly the customer base.

Little Englanders with a British bulldog and cross of St George tattoo.

Makes a nice distraction for the beleaguered right wing press whose party couldn't win an egg and spoon race right now.

Personally, I'm more offended by poverty levels being the worst for 30 years, but let's move that swiftly to the back pages.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 23, 2024, 9:14am; Reply: 74
Quoted from ginnywings
The irony being that the people most offended by it are broadly the customer base.

Little Englanders with a British bulldog and cross of St George tattoo.

Makes a nice distraction for the beleaguered right wing press whose party couldn't win an egg and spoon race right now.

Personally, I'm more offended by poverty levels being the worst for 30 years, but let's move that swiftly to the back pages.

I don't think the people you're referring to vote conservative
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 23, 2024, 9:26am; Reply: 75
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't think the people you're referring to vote conservative

That’s a good point, actually.
Posted by: Mariner John, March 23, 2024, 9:35am; Reply: 76
Price sucks, wait until they find out St George was Turkish
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 23, 2024, 9:56am; Reply: 77
Quoted from Mariner John
Price sucks, wait until they find out St George was Turkish

I will be buying it from turkey in a few weeks about a tenner
Posted by: JK47, March 23, 2024, 10:02am; Reply: 78
Politicians have so many things they COULD talk about, but would far sooner be questioned on a bit of fashion!  Let's ask them some serious stuff, such as why Grimsby has the poorest part of any in the UK, but the money is thrown at the richest parts!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 23, 2024, 10:11am; Reply: 79

Surprised it's taken this long for politics to take over the thread  ;)
Posted by: JK47, March 23, 2024, 10:16am; Reply: 80
Quoted from promotion plaice

Surprised it's taken this long for politics to take over the thread  ;)

As the whole issue was raised by politicians, how could it not be?  Would anyone else have noticed?  The union flag and the cross of St George have been used as fashion and altered thousands of times of decades.  Does it really matter?  It's not as though it's important, like changing the iconic GTFC badge is it? 8)

Posted by: Fishbone1966, March 23, 2024, 12:23pm; Reply: 81
Ed Cowburn, who designs football kits for a living, told the Today programme that the St George's Cross only became a regular feature of the England kit from the early 2000s.

"The St George's Cross has probably only appeared on about six kits as a distinct graphic element," he said.

But this current change is outrageous and tantamount to treason, so our well versed, vexed vexillologists would have us believe.
Good grief, move on...
Posted by: mike_d, March 23, 2024, 12:45pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Especially as unless it was very rained off, it'd be the union flag, not the Jack...
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 23, 2024, 12:53pm; Reply: 83
Snowflakes whining about a colour change on a cross.
Posted by: TAGG, March 23, 2024, 1:03pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from mariner91

'I'm better than you' at its best
Posted by: tashee69, March 23, 2024, 1:19pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Snowflakes whining about a colour change on a cross.

Let Nike do it to the USA flag and see what kind of response they get.
What they’ve done is turned the English flag into a Chevrolet badge that has the bisexual colours.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, March 23, 2024, 1:51pm; Reply: 86
The small design feature on the back of the collar on the new England shirt is the biggest threat to your way of life.

Tweet 1771228560948129910 will appear here...
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 23, 2024, 8:00pm; Reply: 87

Yes

Well done ..1966 the year i was born , This new one the jury's out till Nike publish the sales numbers I am guess numbers will be down , even though you will get the faithful will buy one.
Look at the "Who ahh"  the Englands Womens goalkeeper  shirt Mary Earps  caused .
Listen to the fans.
UTM

UTM

Posted by: Plankton, March 23, 2024, 8:28pm; Reply: 88
I think anyone that's upset about the flag being in different colours is a sensitive baby, what some would call a 'snowflake'.

Looks smart, if you don't fancy it, don't buy it. Simple as.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 23, 2024, 9:11pm; Reply: 89
Anyone who gives a fook about the National team that’s been rammed up the bottom by PL needs to wake up . A little multi cultural logo that’s been used to promote some woke activism is the least of real football fan’s problems
Posted by: tashee69, March 23, 2024, 9:27pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Plankton
I think anyone that's upset about the flag being in different colours is a sensitive baby, what some would call a 'snowflake'.

I’m not “upset” by it, I definitely don’t like it and won’t be buying it.
Am I not entitled to my view now. Should I just keep quiet and not buy the shirt.
Very easy to use throw away phrases about like “snowflakes” when somebody doesn’t agree with you. Perhaps I’m just not as woke as you are, I don’t like traditional things being changed for certain communities. Guess I was a snowflake too when I got fed up with the kneeling before every game.  If the players want to represent the LGBTQ+ or bisexual community, good for them, let them wear an armband, but they should keep it off the flag.
Posted by: rancido, March 24, 2024, 7:09am; Reply: 91
Quoted from Plankton

Would you feel the same if a shirt manufacture, with the agreement of our club, changed the colours of our club badge? You only have to look back to the fans reaction on here when the owners tweeked our badge to see how it mattered to a lot of fans.
Posted by: pen penfras, March 24, 2024, 7:36am; Reply: 92
Whilst I couldn't give a flying intercourse about the colour of a cross that represents a Greek chap from many hundreds of years ago, I understand why people do.

Patriotism is fairly low in this country hence my and many other's reactions. But if Nike did this in America,  France and many other countries, there'd be national uproar. A national symbol is important and shouldn't be messed with any more than a new owner should come in and change a club's name or badge.
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, March 24, 2024, 8:16am; Reply: 93
Aye all these woke people changing flags makes me sick 😬
Posted by: pen penfras, March 24, 2024, 8:22am; Reply: 94
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
Aye all these woke people changing flags makes me sick 😬

Not often I laugh out loud whilst reading here. Well done
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 24, 2024, 8:55am; Reply: 95
Quoted from tashee69

Perhaps I’m just not as woke as you are, I don’t like traditional things being changed for certain communities.  

What community is represented by a blue, red and purple (ish) flag?
Posted by: rancido, March 24, 2024, 9:01am; Reply: 96

None but it is being used to replace the red and white flag that represents the combined communities that make up England.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, March 24, 2024, 9:03am; Reply: 97

Bruisers

A much marginalised and maligned community
Posted by: pen penfras, March 24, 2024, 9:13am; Reply: 98
Quoted from rancido

None but it is being used to replace the red and white flag that represents the combined communities that make up England.

The bisexual flag is those colours, but that's not what we're going for, just a coincidence.

My 3 year old is obsessed with drawing rainbows that are basically rectangular. I'm not accusing her of being woke because it's a coincidence. And also rainbows are cool, the gay community aren't having exclusivity to them.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 24, 2024, 12:39pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from rancido

Yep, I’ve said elsewhere that I dislike it but that’s because I’m a traditionalist and history buff. I see the new version as a logo, not a flag.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 24, 2024, 6:34pm; Reply: 100
The England shirt bit is complete bollox and a non story.

Personally I know we get some income from shirt sales but I’d prefer it if Town wouldn’t release 3 new shirts every season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 25, 2024, 12:00pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The England shirt bit is complete bollox and a non story.

Personally I know we get some income from shirt sales but I’d prefer it if Town wouldn’t release 3 new shirts every season.

The away kit should become the following seasons third kit. Unless the sponsor or manufacturer is changing, then I wouldn't object to the home kit being every other year either.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2024, 12:59pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The away kit should become the following seasons third kit. Unless the sponsor or manufacturer is changing, then I wouldn't object to the home kit being every other year either.

But that would see an end to the opportunity for a local youngster to design the 3rd kit. Which, based on the last 2, may not be a bad thing (unpopular opinion klaxon).
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 25, 2024, 1:14pm; Reply: 103

But that would see an end to the opportunity for a local youngster to design the 3rd kit. Which, based on the last 2, may not be a bad thing (unpopular opinion klaxon).

Surely they could just design the away kit instead?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2024, 1:47pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Surely they could just design the away kit instead?

Don't call me Shirley.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 6:52pm