Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 7, 2023, 7:47pm

Europa Conference League Final.

Come on West Ham, I always support the English based clubs in Europe.

Except when Hull played in Europe of course.
Posted by: Poojah, June 7, 2023, 8:04pm; Reply: 1
Can anyone explain to me what the significance of winning the Europa Conference League is? It’s the Papa John’s of European football, right?
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 7, 2023, 8:06pm; Reply: 2

Italian's rolling around already.
Posted by: buckstown, June 7, 2023, 8:07pm; Reply: 3
Italian cards on the table early doors - two playing dead in the first 5 minutes
Posted by: forza ivano, June 7, 2023, 8:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah
Can anyone explain to me what the significance of winning the Europa Conference League is? It’s the Papa John’s of European football, right?

prize money plus automatic entry into Europa league

couple of mates out there saying Fiorentina ultras trying to cause trouble but picked on 1 or 2 bars filled with old skool 'ammers. needless to say it didn't end well for our Italian chums ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Poojah, June 7, 2023, 8:11pm; Reply: 5
You may remember Fiorentina’s manager Vincenzo Italiano for his prolific partnership with Newcastle striker Julio Geordio in the mid-90s.
Posted by: supertown, June 7, 2023, 8:15pm; Reply: 6
Fiorentina are pathetic
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 7, 2023, 8:26pm; Reply: 7
BT Sports are streaming it live on YouTube, if anyone doesn't have BT Sports.  :)

[youtube]CdYm97VcHZs[/youtube]
Posted by: It Bites, June 7, 2023, 8:33pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
BT Sports are streaming it live on YouTube, if anyone doesn't have BT Sports.  :)

[youtube]CdYm97VcHZs[/youtube]

Thanks for that ☺️
Posted by: supertown, June 7, 2023, 8:37pm; Reply: 9
West Ham fans are gonna be in trouble
Posted by: forza ivano, June 7, 2023, 8:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from supertown
West Ham fans are gonna be in trouble

why?

ps thanks Nelly
Posted by: supertown, June 7, 2023, 9:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano

why?

ps thanks Nelly

Well they cut his head open throwing things on the pitch
Posted by: BenBB, June 7, 2023, 9:34pm; Reply: 12
Rather McAtee that with a goal minutes after a penalty!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 7, 2023, 9:54pm; Reply: 13
Hell yeah! took the lead again with a minute of normal time. (100)
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, June 7, 2023, 10:03pm; Reply: 14
Wow, didn't realise club teams could win the World Cup

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1778535/Robbie-Savage-West-Ham-Europa-Conference-League-Fiorentina
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 7, 2023, 10:28pm; Reply: 15
3 Bs score.  Bowen MOM with late winning goal and win the penalty.  Ex-Hull so anyone not supporting Hull in Europe might have conflicted views.
Posted by: grimps, June 8, 2023, 5:41am; Reply: 16
I thought the best team lost there.
Saying that I’m pleased for West Ham and English football.
The commentary was shite though , our John Tonder and Crofty sound more professional than ITVs team
Posted by: sydney, June 8, 2023, 6:28am; Reply: 17
Well Done Hammers 👍
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, June 8, 2023, 8:34am; Reply: 18
That Gonzalez on the right wing for Fiorentina was different gravy, plenty of chances for both sides in that game.  One of those cups that will always be looked down on unless you win it* though. Commercial exercise isn't it really?

*Like the lincs senior cup, real madrid reckon they've got loads of silverware but have they got 38 lincs senior cups? nope, amateurs.
Posted by: 800 (Guest), June 8, 2023, 9:23am; Reply: 19
Well done West Ham. Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. I used to work Mondays to Saturdays at one time in the 80s and would go and watch them if they played on a Sunday when they were being screened on ITV so I could get my live TV fix.

Really pleased for Said Benrahma who provided so much entertainment at Brentford.

It is a decent competition to win. I always supported British clubs in Europe in the days of the EC, CWC and UEFA Cup. All worthy competitions and I loved being at any European games. I went to Essex University and used to go up the road to watch Ipswich in the UEFA Cup. They won it my first year there. What a side that was.
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 8, 2023, 1:24pm; Reply: 20
Would I want town to win this or any trophy - absolutely

Am I ripping my hammers supporting mate a new one because he is going over the top about the papa johns European trophy - absolutely
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 8, 2023, 1:43pm; Reply: 21
I enjoyed it but always felt like it was watching the European 3rd Division play off final.

There's also a lot of talk about West Ham's 'fantastic season'. They were in deep relegation trouble until about the end of March. Moyes would be out on his *rse if he hadn't won that, and still could be.
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, June 8, 2023, 2:20pm; Reply: 22
Too right, the fact they won 12 games in Europe and only 11 in the Prem sort of exposes that great season narrative.  Still, they survived another year in the top flight, got a trophy and secured a chance at Europe next season too so fair play to them.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 10:18pm