Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 8, 2023, 4:59pm
Can’t find a link to it, what did he say about the Main Stand?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 8, 2023, 5:08pm; Reply: 1
fairly sure he said it had a capacity of just under 30,000
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 8, 2023, 5:17pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Can’t find a link to it, what did he say about the Main Stand?

They are currently getting quotes for health and safety remedial work.

Bizarrely it was mentioned that they might consider taking out some of the posts but are waiting on tenders.

The quotes received so far are around £350k.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 8, 2023, 5:34pm; Reply: 3

Bizarrely it was mentioned that they might consider taking out some of the posts but are waiting on tenders.

More sticking plasters. Not their fault at all, purely down to Fenty not investing and failing to deliver a new stadium.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 8, 2023, 5:52pm; Reply: 4

I have got a big saw they can have for a tenner
Posted by: chaos33, May 8, 2023, 5:54pm; Reply: 5
I’d rather hoped we could be looking at modernising it and adding seats to increase capacity, not take some f@cking beams out for the best part of half a million quid. How could that make any sense in any regard?
Posted by: rancido, May 8, 2023, 5:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from chaos33
I’d rather hoped we could be looking at modernising it and adding seats to increase capacity, not take some f@cking beams out for the best part of half a million quid. How could that make any sense in any regard?

Surely that might help in restricted view seats?
Posted by: chaos33, May 8, 2023, 5:59pm; Reply: 7
How many, and to the tune of what revenue?
Polishing a turd isn’t it.
Posted by: rancido, May 8, 2023, 6:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33

I don't have the figures - do you? I don't think that the currently owners would consider anything unless it was commercially viable.
Posted by: Captaincod, May 8, 2023, 6:05pm; Reply: 9
It’s not being done for cosmetic reasons. The roof support beams from the hallway line to the pontoon end are the original wooden ones and are no longer safe. The ones up the other end are steel and we’re replaced in the early 90s.
If the work isn’t carried out, the stand won’t get a safety certificate and won’t open next season.
I believe notice was first given before Fenty left but the club but the club had a few years to implement it .
Posted by: Captaincod, May 8, 2023, 6:07pm; Reply: 10
The firm I work for has quoted for it and I believe it is around the 350K mentioned
Posted by: chaos33, May 8, 2023, 6:08pm; Reply: 11
I see. So remedial work then. Can’t be avoided I dare say. Having to shell out substantial sums just to sustain BP is going to become economically counter intuitive soon, surely.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 8, 2023, 6:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
I see. So remedial work then. Can’t be avoided I dare say. Having to shell out substantial sums just to sustain BP is going to become economically counter intuitive soon, surely.

It is. I’m more concerned about how much longer it’s going to go on too because doubtless another safety standard will be lurking around the corner.
Posted by: ancientmariner54, May 8, 2023, 6:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from chaos33

The work has to be done for safety reasons , if the main wooden bearer is replaced by a steel girder every other vertical support beam along the front of the stand could be removed .
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 8, 2023, 6:59pm; Reply: 14
Thread subject heading “Stockwoods”:  is that the Grimsby “s”?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 8, 2023, 7:00pm; Reply: 15
F**k me it’s going to be a long close season
Posted by: Captaincod, May 8, 2023, 7:00pm; Reply: 16
They are being removed as they have been at the other end. The seats in the first 4/5 rows won’t be restricted views next season for anyone thinking of buying a season ticket.
Posted by: coddy60, May 8, 2023, 7:25pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from chaos33

The stand has had HSE improvement notices on it for at least 6 years, blame Fenty ffs and think before you speak 🤷
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), May 8, 2023, 7:25pm; Reply: 18
sodomist. I’m at the other end. So another season with a post dissecting the goal at the pontoon end.
Posted by: gytone, May 8, 2023, 7:37pm; Reply: 19
I heard they were trying to do away with the police box and extend the Main stand to join up with the Pontoon, only a rumour and doubt it could be done in the close season anyway.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 8, 2023, 8:31pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 140381
sodomist. I’m at the other end. So another season with a post dissecting the goal at the pontoon end.

We could do with a striker doing that next season!
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 3:10pm