2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 22, 2017, 11:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
IMO, was very close to being our best team.

I still feel that K.Osborne needs to get in ahead of Clarke.

And when Jamey is fully fit, hes one of our best players, but where does he play?

Dembele & DJ need to be in there, and Summerfield has earnt his place and should stay, so does Rose come out for Osborne when fully fit?

Matt and Jones need to start together more often and build a partnership.
Vernon has had more than enough chances and done nothing, and same could be said about Hooper
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 11:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I don't know why Clarke keeps coming in for stick. He is playing well IMO and had a very steady game again last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
jimgtfc
November 22, 2017, 11:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 44
Jamey Osborne is a difficult one, my personal opinion is that he’s not quite mobile enough to play central in a midfield 2 but would be perfect in a 3. I think that’s possibly why RS has always played him wide.

As for the rest, I guess it’s about consistency. If they don’t pick up at least 3 points from the next 2 games then we might be calling for change again.

January is going to be a very interesting month.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Hagrid
November 22, 2017, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
clarke was immense last night, he gets stick because he's replaced pearson simple as that. 2 CB's as ive said before have not been the problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
crusty ole pie
November 22, 2017, 3:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,338
Gold Stars: 62
Thought mills and Davies were superb last night both getting forward and putting in fantastic crosses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Thought mills and Davies were superb last night both getting forward and putting in fantastic crosses

Very true - the addition of the pace of DJ & Zak in the last two games has made us far more watchable. Regarding Jamey Osborne, there's a possibility that he and Summers are too alike and you still need the balance of a more defence-minded centre mid if you're only playing two in the middle.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Maringer
November 22, 2017, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I'd say Summerfield is more the player to do the defensive stuff as he has a good engine and gets around the pitch well. Not shy of a challenge either. He's playing with a lot of confidence at the moment and this is shown in his positive play and few blunders in possession.

Osbourne is actually relatively nippy but I wouldn't say he's particularly strong in the tackle or in the air. Not sure if we could really get away with playing him in central midfield alongside Summerfield or another. However, he's got the ability to create space from nothing as we saw on Tuesday in the build up to the winner but I think he'd be better in an attacking midfield role. Supposedly, this is where Jones likes to play as well. Problem is that I don't think we've got space for such a player if we've want to play the wingers. It's a conundrum!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2017, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Though Rose popped up to score the winner last night I would pick Jamey Osborne (when fully fit) ahead of Rose, only change for me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
moosey_club
November 22, 2017, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
IMO, was very close to being our best team.

I still feel that K.Osborne needs to get in ahead of Clarke.

And when Jamey is fully fit, hes one of our best players, but where does he play?

Dembele & DJ need to be in there, and Summerfield has earnt his place and should stay, so does Rose come out for Osborne when fully fit?

Matt and Jones need to start together more often and build a partnership.
Vernon has had more than enough chances and done nothing, and same could be said about Hooper

Dont think we can say Hooper  has done nothing...not to the same extent as Vernon...Hooper has only started 6 games and he has scored 2 goals....i think if he got a decent run ala Vernon who has started 11 but only scored 1 we might see his truth worth, also Vernon had extended runs whereas Hooper has been used sporadically.
With service levels like last night Hooper could be the biggest beneficiary.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
cjbill
November 23, 2017, 5:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Regards Clarke, my critisism has nothing to do with who was here previously. In most games he looks to just boot it out at the first opportunity or he looks like he is going to give a penalty away with a clumsy challenge. I think Tuesday night was one of the better games I've seen him in. But it doesnt mean I don't get nervous when he dives in for a challenge and doesnt get near the ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
Garth
November 23, 2017, 10:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from cjbill
Regards Clarke, my critisism has nothing to do with who was here previously. In most games he looks to just boot it out at the first opportunity or he looks like he is going to give a penalty away with a clumsy challenge. I think Tuesday night was one of the better games I've seen him in. But it doesnt mean I don't get nervous when he dives in for a challenge and doesnt get near the ball

Seeing something that I never see TBH,  pretty decent centre back and experienced
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
toontown
November 23, 2017, 12:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Clarke doesn't convince me either, although I don't think he's terrible or anything, and the lack pace at CB pairing is itself a concern.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last nights starting 11

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.