6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 21, 2017, 11:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I'm so pleased I don't do Twitter.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
November 22, 2017, 12:00am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Meh.

If you put your opinion on a public forum made for interaction, I don't see too much of an issue if someone pulls you up and disagrees with you. Yeah seems a bit childish some of the things said (on both sides) but no drama and not worth a fuss IMO.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
jimgtfc
November 22, 2017, 12:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
Not entirely sure why you’ve posted this, just an argument on twitter with someone who may or may not have a business connection with JF or the club.

I guess that as a member of the ‘fenty out’ brigade, this is just an attempt to put a negative spin on an otherwise positive night.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 12:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Maybe was wrong of me and took this too seriously. Deleted OP. Sorry everyone.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
promotion plaice
November 22, 2017, 12:26am

I hope someone asks at the fans forum what Extreme have actually achieved so far regarding PP ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
Grantley
November 22, 2017, 12:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Luckily, I’d seen this on Twitter. Whether she works for Extreme or not, it’s concerning. If she does work for them, why the hell is she talking to a fan like that? If she doesn’t work for them, then who is she?!

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 22, 2017, 12:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Could someone tell us what is going on please

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
golfer
November 22, 2017, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115

Roman Abramovich in a joint venture with Sheikh Mansour put in a bid to take over Grimsby Town F.C.with an initial investment of £500million--this was unanimously rejected at last nights secret board meeting where only 0ne director turned up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2017, 8:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Not sure what this is about but extreme leisure don’t seem to say a great deal do they? Perhaps it’s going to  be one big announcement shortly 🙃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
Simariner
November 22, 2017, 8:54am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Whats gone on.....?    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 55
moosey_club
November 22, 2017, 8:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Twitter....the devil's work  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 55
jimgtfc
November 22, 2017, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
Town fan had a Twitter debate with someone claiming to work closely with the club, possibly from Extreme, about JF... nothing to see really.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 9:16am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

That would help wouldn't it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 55
Simariner
November 22, 2017, 12:51pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Just seen and re-tweeted something that she said....   hhhmmmmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 55
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2017, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
what sort of amateur outfit are the club working with if this person works for Extreme?

The fact that she has got into a bit of childish argument with a fan on social media is embarrassing. She clearly has no in depth knowledge of issues some fans have with the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 55
Southwark Mariner
November 22, 2017, 1:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Chris Lewis is property development director for Extreme Leisure. Wild stab in the dark but probably her husband.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 55
moss_side_mariner
November 22, 2017, 1:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Is anybody else feeling a bit uneasy about extreme leisure? I'm not the most internet savvy person but, they seem to be keeping a low profile on the web.

The companies house listing doesn't fill me with confidence. The Twitter lady is well hidden and the address listed is a row of semi-detached houses in Isleworth. If there is any more information about them can someone point me to it.

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 55
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2017, 1:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Most clubs get involved with the likes of tesco Asda etc we get involved with extreme leisure ... who are these people ? how many stadia have they developed in the past ? What are they investing if anything ? What sort of profit do they stand to make ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 2:15pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Most clubs get involved with the likes of tesco Asda etc we get involved with extreme leisure ... who are these people ? how many stadia have they developed in the past ? What are they investing if anything ? What sort of profit do they stand to make ?

By the sounds of it, they match the club's exacting standards of PR.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 55
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 22, 2017, 4:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Can we please dispense with the in chat and let us who do not have or stalk people on twitter etc and tell us what was actually said.  Thanks

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 55
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2017, 4:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Can we please dispense with the in chat and let us who do not have or stalk people on twitter etc and tell us what was actually said.  Thanks

It’s a cringe rant from fook knows who but she seems involved with extreme leisure, the  young lad basically said he was pleased with the result but fenty still needed to go. I thought we were dealing with PR professionals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Chrisblor
November 22, 2017, 5:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,787
Gold Stars: 233
It's all the council's fault now apparently

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
LH
November 22, 2017, 6:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
*irony klaxon*
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
Fat Cobra
November 22, 2017, 6:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
What a clown.

Ey Mr Xtreme, tell ya missus to pipe down!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 6:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
I deleted my original post on here as I thought soon after posting it on here I’d made a mistake by doing so, however for people who are interested it was basically the following;

Me — Well I’m actually happy for once. First decent match for a while. Well done to the players 👏👏doesn’t change the fact that fenty has to go though unfortunately 😤#fentyout

Stella Lewis — Are you serious ?? Do you know this man ? And what he does for your club ?? Clearly not !! He will take your club into much better places believe me !! As a Bournemouth supporter trust me

Me — I’m aware of the damage he’s doing to us yes.

Stella —  Are you serious ???

Me — Yes, I’m serious. Have you not seen what he’s done/ said the last few weeks/months/ years?

Stella — Yep know him working with him respect him !!! Getting your club a new club ground direction do you know him ??? Guess not

Me — You’re from Bournemouth and support Bournemouth ffs. The man took us from the championship to non league, then when we finally get back up he does everything he can to take us back down. He continuously lies to fans, treats fans with so much contempt and disrespect, offers fans out on social media and makes us look stupid.

Stella — John Fenty is working so hard and I mean sooooo passionate trying to give your club the very very best !! Believe me

Me — No 🤨🤔

Stella — Clearly just a glory fan then lol move on

Me — Did you seriously just call me a glory fan? I saw my club relegated to non league, lose 5-0 away at Braintree on a Tuesday night, lose 4-2 at Halifax, get knocked out of the FA trophy at chase town, lose 2 cup finals, 4 failed playoffs, some of the darkest days in our history

Stella — Were you at Wembley ??? Or have we forgotten about that ?

Me —  I haven’t forgotten. It was one of the best days of my life. I’m concerned that if fenty continues the way he’s going he’ll take us back down.

Stella — Lol I'm from Bournemouth !! Paid money into the club as a supporter !! Now working with John Fenty to build a new stadium for Grimsby !! Because if I didn't believe in John Fenty  my company wouldn't be investing millions in your new stadium

Me — He’s obviously been giving you PR lessons then. Do you really think trying to pick an argument with a fan on social media is a way forward? Try being a fan of the club he runs then come back to me. I assume you’re part of Extreme Leisure then? If so you’re embarrassing yourself and your company. Like John Fenty, you have the PR skills of hitler.
@GTFC_SLO @MarinersTrust if this woman really is involved with our club/ new stadium, is it really an appropriate way for her to behave?

Stella — With respect I'mjust giving an option and yes I'm very much involved !

Me — Trust me, a lot has gone one over recent years which has built up and why the fans rent happy with the GTFC board recently. With respect, I was giving my opinion too when I said fenty out, you didn’t have to respond the way you did.

Stella — Yep I get that  but calm down !! Seriously Hitler !!! Both John Fenty  or Extreme can both tell you are interest is in the future of GTFC

Me — Then he needs to get his act together. Publicly calling fans bullies, offering to go 10 rounds with fans on an online forum, refusing to aknowlege the Stevenage incident... I could go on. This didn’t come out of the blue, the man has done more damage to our club than good and that’s how many Grimsby supporters feel.

Stella — Then with respect don't think your a fan.  Well with respect this club doesn't need your criticism  if you can't support our endeavours to take it to the next level and call us nazis

Me — I didn’t call you a Nazi, I said you and GTFC have the PR skills of Hitler. I’m insulted that you say I’m not a fan. I love my club and will be here long after your company. It’s the clubs inability to take criticism or listen to what the fans have to say that is a major contributing factor to the current levels of discontent amongst supporters.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
I find it an insult to be told I’m ‘not a fan’ and I’m a ‘glory fan’. I’m so angry to be honest.

I was here before Extreme Lesiure became involved in our club and I’ll be here long after they’re gone. I love my club, it means a much to me. So to be told by somebody high up at the club that ‘I’m clearly not a fan’ and that ‘the club doesn’t need your criticism’, because I (like many GTFC fans) am unhappy with the way the board are running the club really hurts and makes me angry. It also highlights how poor the club and its associates are at PR and why many fans are unhappy to start with - GTFC treats its fans appallingly. The most important part of any club is it’s fans. It’s a shame GTFC seem dead set on destroying the relationship it has with its fans.

When inside Blundell Park I will always back the team on the pitch because I know how important it is to encourage the players to do well. That doesn’t mean I can’t be unhappy about how the club is run at the top - just because I’m young it doesn’t mean I can’t have my opinion.

I have a hospital appointment in Hull on the 28th but if I’m back in time I fully intend on going to the fans forum.

I think some people involved in our club must’ve been to the Francesco Bechetti school of running a football club and fan relations over the last few months.

Nothing I say is meant as a personal insult, it’s purely frustration about what happens at the club I care so much about.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
grimsby pete
November 22, 2017, 6:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
I find it an insult to be told I’m ‘not a fan’ and I’m a ‘glory fan’. I’m so angry to be honest.

I was here before Extreme Lesiure became involved in our club and I’ll be here long after they’re gone.

When inside Blundell Park I will always back the team on the pitch because I know how important it is to encourage the players to do well. That doesn’t mean I can’t be unhappy about how the club is run at the top - just because I’m young it doesn’t mean I can’t have my opinion.

I have a hospital appointment in Hull on the 28th but if I’m back in time I fully intend on going to the fans forum.

I think some people involved in our club must’ve been to the Francesco Becchetti school of running a football club and fan relations over the last few months.

Can you ask Fenty what is the length of Slade's contract or why it is a secret ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
barralad
November 22, 2017, 6:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well in these days of in your face social media I'm probably in a minority (of one) but i don't think either "side" has covered themselves in glory.
I sincerely hope though that your health problems aren't too serious and that the visit to Hull goes well.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
supertown
November 22, 2017, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
Just a pointer , never resort to ‘hitler’ in an argument
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
It's sort of slightly surreal that someone from Bournemouth is fighting the major shareholder's battles on Twitter.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2017, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad
Well in these days of in your face social media I'm probably in a minority (of one) but i don't think either "side" has covered themselves in glory.
I sincerely hope though that your health problems aren't too serious and that the visit to Hull goes well.

I think she will be offering 10 rounds in the next twitter exchanges all joking aside if she’s a face in the extreme organisation this doesn’t fill me with confidence one bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

It may surprise you Barra but I agree 100%
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 7:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Yes the comparison to hitlers PR was a bit far/insensitivie, I can only apologise for that. Which is why I did initially delete the original post. I’d have put it differently if I’d slept on it for a night before answering.

It is frustrating to be told I’m not a fan and a ‘glory fan’ by somebody with so much invokevnt in our club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
realist
November 22, 2017, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Extreme appear to be the developer of last resort. They signed up for the circuit of wales project that got cancelled, and I seem to remember another project recently that got shelved. Looking at the people on their website doesn't give me any hope, a bunch of snowboarders freeloading through life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2017, 7:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Hmmm..................feels like odd behavior from a "professional"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Godwin's law in action.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
LH
November 22, 2017, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Hmmm..................feels like odd behavior from a "professional"?

Just who is advising who?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
londonmariner2
November 22, 2017, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
A google search on Alistair Gosling brings up this:
https://companycheck.co.uk/director/904525639/ALISTAIR-MARTIN-GOSLING/companies
Looks like he is trying to be a mini Red Bull and promote the Extreme brand.
I read somewhere his Dad owns the NCP car parks and is a multi millionaire and keeps backing him on projects.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2017, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Godwin's law in action.  

I did have to look it up though!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 7:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I did have to look it up though!

As did i the first time i saw it mentioned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
TAGG
November 22, 2017, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Is anybody else feeling a bit uneasy about extreme leisure? I'm not the most internet savvy person but, they seem to be keeping a low profile on the web.

The companies house listing doesn't fill me with confidence. The Twitter lady is well hidden and the address listed is a row of semi-detached houses in Isleworth. If there is any more information about them can someone point me to it.

Are you MI5??? 😂😂

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
promotion plaice
November 22, 2017, 9:22pm

Quoted from TAGG

Are you MI5??? 😂😂

Probably John Fenty  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
moosey_club
November 22, 2017, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Well at least we know they are investing millions of their money in it now as the lady has just publicly declared it.

Now if i can just find my press clippings to remind myself of when we were told by JF we would be in our new home....

3rd November 2014 -  
TOWN director John Fenty has revealed the club is progressing "very well" in its bid to relocate to Peaks Parkway.
The announcement comes as the club's 12-month exclusivity agreement for the site is due to run out.
Mr Fenty said: "The club has progressed very well with unlocking the potential to deliver a relocation to Peaks Parkway.

3 yrs on and nothing solid

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 10:07pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

The difference being that one is supposed representing a company getting into an argument in public with a stakeholder of a business partner and basically telling him he has no right to criticise that partner. Seriously, someone at Extreme needs to ban her from social media - if most people got into an argument on social media with one of their employer's customers (and potentially a shareholder) they'd be looking for a new job very quickly.

Let's look at it this way. Extreme employee tells fans of football club that they aren't a proper fan, despite years of dedicated following through its worst ever performances. Does that say Extreme are listening to fans or not listening? Does that say they're likely to take comments on any design consultation seriously?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The difference being that one is supposed representing a company getting into an argument in public with a stakeholder of a business partner and basically telling him he has no right to criticise that partner. Seriously, someone at Extreme needs to ban her from social media - if most people got into an argument on social media with one of their employer's customers (and potentially a shareholder) they'd be looking for a new job very quickly.

Let's look at it this way. Extreme employee tells fans of football club that they aren't a proper fan, despite years of dedicated following through its worst ever performances. Does that say Extreme are listening to fans or not listening? Does that say they're likely to take comments on any design consultation seriously?

The worrying aspect is the apparent continuation of the 'I'm right, the fans are irrelevant/insignificant/wrong' attitude of the major shareholder. Yes John, you may be working harder than anyone knows to deliver the new stadium but it will be our bums on the seats that you or Extreme put in this stadium. Put yourself in our shoes for a change, normal fans wanting to watch the team they've supported for decades do the best they can. I know, from our messages in the past, how much you care, but we care too.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
golfer
November 22, 2017, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
It doesn't even seem like a woman corresponding never mind somebody from Extreme Leisure. The conversation sounds more like a man pretending to be a woman-what's going on. Sounds more Fishy than 5 Star-somethings not right. Sounds like somebody with the sole intention of sticking up for a certain person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
Swansea_Mariner
November 22, 2017, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
This is totally weird, I feel like GTFC is stuck in a David Lynch  dream world at the moment. Perhaps soon I'll wake up and realise all this was some kind of nightmare and that Buckley mk2 wasn't actually sacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
TownSNAFU5
November 22, 2017, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
I saw the OP before it was removed.  I do not know whether it represents a true conversation or not.

I am just relieved that we do not have a person in a very senior position within the Club who would engage directly with Town fans on an open football forum.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
I wouldn't be surprised that she's been a Bournemouth for quite some time. September 9th 2016. Probably even longer. I bet since that first meeting with John Fenty.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
TAGG
November 22, 2017, 10:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Wonder if Miss Lewis will be there on Tuesday night??

If she is bet she’ll be sitting on the great one knee🙈

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 11:39pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I saw the OP before it was removed.  I do not know whether it represents a true conversation or not.

I am just relieved that we do not have a person in a very senior position within the Club who would engage directly with Town fans on an open football forum.  

Try this SNAFU

https://twitter.com/codalmighty/status/933313442580238336

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2017, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Oh and try this:

https://twitter.com/codalmighty

The same muppet (Ms Lewis) calls the council out for being a nightmare to work with. May be true but it's hardly straight out of the 'guide to keeping planning authorities onside'.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
1mickylyons
November 23, 2017, 6:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Why am I sat singing to myself like a puppet on a string?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
louth_in_the_south
November 23, 2017, 8:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Better start looking for a new site then .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
HertsGTFC
November 23, 2017, 8:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
She sounds like a right leary Southern tw@t!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
FishOutOfWater
November 23, 2017, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from moosey_club
Well at least we know they are investing millions of their money in it now as the lady has just publicly declared it.

Now if i can just find my press clippings to remind myself of when we were told by JF we would be in our new home....

3rd November 2014 -  
TOWN director John Fenty has revealed the club is progressing "very well" in its bid to relocate to Peaks Parkway.
The announcement comes as the club's 12-month exclusivity agreement for the site is due to run out.
Mr Fenty said: "The club has progressed very well with unlocking the potential to deliver a relocation to Peaks Parkway.

3 yrs on and nothing solid

Maybe it's time we looked for some other way forward ...

How about trying some IMODIUM®  as that's usually pretty good at bringing a quick resolution to such problems  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme Leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.