6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 22, 2017, 4:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,923
Gold Stars: 82
Can we please dispense with the in chat and let us who do not have or stalk people on twitter etc and tell us what was actually said.  Thanks

It’s a cringe rant from fook knows who but she seems involved with extreme leisure, the  young lad basically said he was pleased with the result but fenty still needed to go. I thought we were dealing with PR professionals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Chrisblor
November 22, 2017, 5:54pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
It's all the council's fault now apparently

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
LH
November 22, 2017, 6:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
*irony klaxon*
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
Fat Cobra
November 22, 2017, 6:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
What a clown.

Ey Mr Xtreme, tell ya missus to pipe down!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 6:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
I deleted my original post on here as I thought soon after posting it on here I’d made a mistake by doing so, however for people who are interested it was basically the following;

Me — Well I’m actually happy for once. First decent match for a while. Well done to the players 👏👏doesn’t change the fact that fenty has to go though unfortunately 😤#fentyout

Stella Lewis — Are you serious ?? Do you know this man ? And what he does for your club ?? Clearly not !! He will take your club into much better places believe me !! As a Bournemouth supporter trust me

Me — I’m aware of the damage he’s doing to us yes.

Stella —  Are you serious ???

Me — Yes, I’m serious. Have you not seen what he’s done/ said the last few weeks/months/ years?

Stella — Yep know him working with him respect him !!! Getting your club a new club ground direction do you know him ??? Guess not

Me — You’re from Bournemouth and support Bournemouth ffs. The man took us from the championship to non league, then when we finally get back up he does everything he can to take us back down. He continuously lies to fans, treats fans with so much contempt and disrespect, offers fans out on social media and makes us look stupid.

Stella — John Fenty is working so hard and I mean sooooo passionate trying to give your club the very very best !! Believe me

Me — No 🤨🤔

Stella — Clearly just a glory fan then lol move on

Me — Did you seriously just call me a glory fan? I saw my club relegated to non league, lose 5-0 away at Braintree on a Tuesday night, lose 4-2 at Halifax, get knocked out of the FA trophy at chase town, lose 2 cup finals, 4 failed playoffs, some of the darkest days in our history

Stella — Were you at Wembley ??? Or have we forgotten about that ?

Me —  I haven’t forgotten. It was one of the best days of my life. I’m concerned that if fenty continues the way he’s going he’ll take us back down.

Stella — Lol I'm from Bournemouth !! Paid money into the club as a supporter !! Now working with John Fenty to build a new stadium for Grimsby !! Because if I didn't believe in John Fenty  my company wouldn't be investing millions in your new stadium

Me — He’s obviously been giving you PR lessons then. Do you really think trying to pick an argument with a fan on social media is a way forward? Try being a fan of the club he runs then come back to me. I assume you’re part of Extreme Leisure then? If so you’re embarrassing yourself and your company. Like John Fenty, you have the PR skills of hitler.
@GTFC_SLO @MarinersTrust if this woman really is involved with our club/ new stadium, is it really an appropriate way for her to behave?

Stella — With respect I'mjust giving an option and yes I'm very much involved !

Me — Trust me, a lot has gone one over recent years which has built up and why the fans rent happy with the GTFC board recently. With respect, I was giving my opinion too when I said fenty out, you didn’t have to respond the way you did.

Stella — Yep I get that  but calm down !! Seriously Hitler !!! Both John Fenty  or Extreme can both tell you are interest is in the future of GTFC

Me — Then he needs to get his act together. Publicly calling fans bullies, offering to go 10 rounds with fans on an online forum, refusing to aknowlege the Stevenage incident... I could go on. This didn’t come out of the blue, the man has done more damage to our club than good and that’s how many Grimsby supporters feel.

Stella — Then with respect don't think your a fan.  Well with respect this club doesn't need your criticism  if you can't support our endeavours to take it to the next level and call us nazis

Me — I didn’t call you a Nazi, I said you and GTFC have the PR skills of Hitler. I’m insulted that you say I’m not a fan. I love my club and will be here long after your company. It’s the clubs inability to take criticism or listen to what the fans have to say that is a major contributing factor to the current levels of discontent amongst supporters.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
MarinersOnTheUp
November 22, 2017, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
I find it an insult to be told I’m ‘not a fan’ and I’m a ‘glory fan’. I’m so angry to be honest.

I was here before Extreme Lesiure became involved in our club and I’ll be here long after they’re gone. I love my club, it means a much to me. So to be told by somebody high up at the club that ‘I’m clearly not a fan’ and that ‘the club doesn’t need your criticism’, because I (like many GTFC fans) am unhappy with the way the board are running the club really hurts and makes me angry. It also highlights how poor the club and its associates are at PR and why many fans are unhappy to start with - GTFC treats its fans appallingly. The most important part of any club is it’s fans. It’s a shame GTFC seem dead set on destroying the relationship it has with its fans.

When inside Blundell Park I will always back the team on the pitch because I know how important it is to encourage the players to do well. That doesn’t mean I can’t be unhappy about how the club is run at the top - just because I’m young it doesn’t mean I can’t have my opinion.

I have a hospital appointment in Hull on the 28th but if I’m back in time I fully intend on going to the fans forum.

I think some people involved in our club must’ve been to the Francesco Bechetti school of running a football club and fan relations over the last few months.

Nothing I say is meant as a personal insult, it’s purely frustration about what happens at the club I care so much about.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
grimsby pete
November 22, 2017, 6:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
I find it an insult to be told I’m ‘not a fan’ and I’m a ‘glory fan’. I’m so angry to be honest.

I was here before Extreme Lesiure became involved in our club and I’ll be here long after they’re gone.

When inside Blundell Park I will always back the team on the pitch because I know how important it is to encourage the players to do well. That doesn’t mean I can’t be unhappy about how the club is run at the top - just because I’m young it doesn’t mean I can’t have my opinion.

I have a hospital appointment in Hull on the 28th but if I’m back in time I fully intend on going to the fans forum.

I think some people involved in our club must’ve been to the Francesco Becchetti school of running a football club and fan relations over the last few months.

Can you ask Fenty what is the length of Slade's contract or why it is a secret ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
barralad
November 22, 2017, 6:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well in these days of in your face social media I'm probably in a minority (of one) but i don't think either "side" has covered themselves in glory.
I sincerely hope though that your health problems aren't too serious and that the visit to Hull goes well.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
supertown
November 22, 2017, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Just a pointer , never resort to ‘hitler’ in an argument
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
It's sort of slightly surreal that someone from Bournemouth is fighting the major shareholder's battles on Twitter.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Extreme Leisure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.