4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
November 20, 2017, 4:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Can't get in a National League side but some of our fans thought he could be our saviour. Asante was a late sub for Solihul as well

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
November 20, 2017, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Can't get in a National League side but some of our fans thought he could be our saviour. Asante was a late sub for Solihul as well

Hmmmm....well to be fair....the Chris Clements that finished last season with 4 goals in 16 (?) appearances would generally have appeared to be more of an asset than the Berrett Summerfield combination that have scored........ 0 in their 30+ combined this season ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
jonnyboy82
November 20, 2017, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Clements isn't the problem..

Fenty and slade are.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
Garth
November 20, 2017, 6:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Perhaps as a loan player, he does not try as hard as a regular as he`s just there for a short time, he looked ok to me whilst he was here but don`t think he will be back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
November 20, 2017, 6:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Garth
Perhaps as a loan player, he does not try as hard as a regular as he`s just there for a short time, he looked ok to me whilst he was here but don`t think he will be back

He really should 'try hard' as his career is at a crossroads. If he fails at Barrow (if that's where he is, I can't remember) then I doubt he will have too many Football League suitors when we release him. Although a manager change at Town may give him another opportunity.
Reply: 4 - 34
Abdul19
November 20, 2017, 6:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
I think more thought Asante was our saviour.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
November 20, 2017, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 75

He really should 'try hard' as his career is at a crossroads. If he fails at Barrow (if that's where he is, I can't remember) then I doubt he will have too many Football League suitors when we release him. Although a manager change at Town may give him another opportunity.

Chris Clements epitomises our recruitment policy in recent years don't you think?  Players that are not in demand. Where fans of previous clubs have labelled them as not 100% committed or downright useless. Bargain basement really. When did the club state the hairs on the back of your neck etc...? We are still waiting.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
November 20, 2017, 6:15pm
Guest User

Chris Clements epitomises our recruitment policy in recent years don't you think?  Players that are not in demand. Where fans of previous clubs have labelled them as not 100% committed or downright useless. Bargain basement really. When did the club state the hairs on the back of your neck etc...? We are still waiting.

Absolutely, although to give Paul Hurst credit, he didn't tolerate anyone not doing their jobs or giving their all. Remember the talented Scott Neilson? I think he's in the Ryman league now, I'd argue he has or had more talent than any of our players, maybe barring Dembele but he was podgy, or at least carried too much weight and PH got rid. We maybe unfair on Clements, we don't know what's gone on there. He missed a large amount of pre season and the actual season with a personal issue, which went on too long IMO.
Reply: 7 - 34
livosnose
November 20, 2017, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from 75

Absolutely, although to give Paul Hurst credit, he didn't tolerate anyone not doing their jobs or giving their all. Remember the talented Scott Neilson? I think he's in the Ryman league now, I'd argue he has or had more talent than any of our players, maybe barring Dembele but he was podgy, or at least carried too much weight and PH got rid. We maybe unfair on Clements, we don't know what's gone on there. He missed a large amount of pre season and the actual season with a personal issue, which went on too long IMO.

I think hes packed in football altogether and didn't someone once say on here he didn't actually like playing football ! I personally thought he was a great footballer !

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
IlkleyMariner
November 20, 2017, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,978
Gold Stars: 69
Maybe Slade's judgement of some of our contracted players should be acknowledged.
Although his new signings are not inspirational, there was a lot of imbalance/dross that he inherited. He is trying to sort it out before we get new.

No doubt the keyboard warriors will have their say, but many will agree with the above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The great Chris Clements

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.