Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 356 Guests

Fans Forum

This thread currently has 26,987 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
November 22, 2017, 1:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Last night`s win was great for the team the manager and the long suffering fans but the fans forum the issues should mainly be about Mr Fenty and the future of the Club and where it`s going.

Completely agree and Codalmighty get it absolutely spot on in their diary today

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6507  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 342
grimsby pete
November 22, 2017, 1:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

This is a purely personal view but after seemingly days/weeks  of thread after thread on here having a go at the powers that be, if one result defuses things then this site and several major contributors to it would lose significant credibility. The club have made the thing possible and it simply has to be taken seriously in both camps for the process of re-building to start.  Without it the same old stuff will be trotted out every time we embark on a poor run with accusations and counter-accusations.

I think the ball is in Fenty's court Ian,

Treat the fans with a lot more respect, keep us informed instead of silence, support the fans ie like at Stevenage,

Then he will get a lot of respect back,

Plus he must tell Slade to put a attacking team on the pitch and no more hoofball,

Simples  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 342
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 1:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad

This is a purely personal view but after seemingly days/weeks  of thread after thread on here having a go at the powers that be, if one result defuses things then this site and several major contributors to it would lose significant credibility. The club have made the thing possible and it simply has to be taken seriously in both camps for the process of re-building to start.  Without it the same old stuff will be trotted out every time we embark on a poor run with accusations and counter-accusations.

Quite right the football/results have not been great but it`s the other stuff needs resolving and it`s far too important to be brushed aside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 342
Cloudy
November 22, 2017, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think the ball is in Fenty's court Ian,

Treat the fans with a lot more respect, keep us informed instead of silence, support the fans ie like at Stevenage,

Then he will get a lot of respect back,

Plus he must tell Slade to put a attacking team on the pitch and no more hoofball,

Simples  

I actually think the ball is in the fans court. Those that can need to turn up and question the running of the club? Demand answers to the questions that keep cropping up time and time again.

Starter for 10)

" John, do you think the responses given on the Official site to the Curtis Woodhouse 'affair' were reasonable and professional and showed the club in a good light"
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 342
Cambs Mariner
November 22, 2017, 5:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Fishy_fishtails, regarding my post last night. Caught up in the astonishment of a win whilst playing decent football I wrongly accused him of making horrible comments about disabled drivers, It wasn't him. It was Squarkus.I do however stand by my other comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 342
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2017, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

Personally speaking, it defuses nothing. I'm a Town fan through thick & thin and will always want the 11 on the pitch to do what they did last night. Further than that, I would not criticise Mr Fenty for all the time & effort he puts in to the club - he is clearly as passionate about GTFC as the rest of us. My biggest issue is the 'them & us' mentality that seems to exist. There's many GTFC fans who would absolutely jump at the opportunity to invest their energy in the club if it were more inclusive. There's many GTFC fans who spend far more than they probably should following the club through thick & thin, travelling huge distances tp Plymouth, Exeter, and yes, Stevenage, and those fans deserve a bit back sometimes. Thankfully, the players did that last night, but a bit more respect from the boardroom wouldn't go amiss!
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 342
grimsby pete
November 22, 2017, 6:55pm

Exile
If it had ended up a 2-2 or 3-3 draw last night,

The fans would have enjoyed the game so much more than a 0-0 stalemate,

The Fishy would have still been positive and fans would want to go to the next home game.

That must tell Slade something I hope.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 342
Jaws
November 26, 2017, 2:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Think the tone of this may be a little different now!

I'd like to go having never been before, can you just roll up or do you need to book? Anyone been before?
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 342
toontown
November 26, 2017, 3:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
Just turn up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 342
grimsby pete
November 27, 2017, 2:09pm

Exile
Quoted from Jaws
Think the tone of this may be a little different now!

I'd like to go having never been before, can you just roll up or do you need to book? Anyone been before?

What time can you get there ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans Forum

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.