Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Search Results - Recent posts as of less than a minute ago
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Commentary   (reply) Posted by: ex-merseymariner
Date Posted: 20 minutes ago
Quoted from arryarryarry

Hasn't Gary Croft replaced Alan Buckley for home games? AB never did away games and usually RH try to get an ex Town player for those.

On the issue of co-commentators, while it makes me feel old, 2 of RH's better recent co-commentators are also from that Slade-era team, namely Paul Bolland, who has done a couple of Town away games and left me wishing he was in our team still, and Tom Newey, who has done mainly Scunny games I think, but seems quite knowledgeable.

Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Boris Johnson
Date Posted: 34 minutes ago
hated him. Could not give a flying intercourse
Upcoming Fixtures   (reply) Posted by: SiteBot
Date Posted: 51 minutes ago
Blocked Tables...

Click here to read more ...
Hurst early favourite for Shrews job   (reply) Posted by: ginnywings
Date Posted: One hour ago
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Has Doig heard anything yet?

He's sniffing around.
Maradona   (reply) Posted by: ginnywings
Date Posted: One hour ago

The version where England win Italia 90 isn’t that different to be honest.

The Daily Mail employ lip readers to establish that Gazza’s tears induce pent up desires in Gary Lineker. As Gazza blubbers, Gary turns to Sir Bobby and says, “I really want him”, not “Have a word with him”.

Gary and Gazza elope and set up a string of sh1t bars in Spanish seaside resorts

Steve Hodge and Steve Bull replace the lovestruck Spurs duo in the Final. Hodge. Bull. 1-0. Goals pay the rent and Bull does his share.

Steve Bull signs a lucrative deal to promote British beef in the wake of the BSE scandal. “Bully’s Beef - you’d be mad not to”

Poses with Gummer.

Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles
Date Posted: 2 hours ago
Quoted from ginnywings
I want to live in your alternate universe Knut.

By the way, i think we would have beaten the Argies in the final had we got there.

The version where England win Italia 90 isn’t that different to be honest.

The Daily Mail employ lip readers to establish that Gazza’s tears induce pent up desires in Gary Lineker. As Gazza blubbers, Gary turns to Sir Bobby and says, “I really want him”, not “Have a word with him”.

Gary and Gazza elope and set up a string of sh1t bars in Spanish seaside resorts

Steve Hodge and Steve Bull replace the lovestruck Spurs duo in the Final. Hodge. Bull. 1-0. Goals pay the rent and Bull does his share.

Steve Bull signs a...

Commentary   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Date Posted: 3 hours ago
Quoted from Croxton

All of the co commentators have been effective so far and would not wish to return to a regular replacement for Buckley. Mix it up but please not Gwilym Lloyd!

Hasn't Gary Croft replaced Alan Buckley for home games? AB never did away games and usually RH try to get an ex Town player for those.

Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Bag
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Boil
Quoted from Croxton
Jordan was well researched about both teams and dovetailed well with Lloyd Griffiths. He has extensive experience commentating across the divisions and interviewing management figures. I would still like to think JT is our main man but perhaps he is seeking to ease into part time as far as long away trips are concerned.
I certainly think he needs to have a thicker skin and not tweet about 'feelings'.
All of the co commentators have been effective so far and would not wish to return to a regular replacement for Buckley. Mix it up but please not Gwilym Lloyd!

This is probably the case. I believe Jordan lives down south and that is why he usually does the games in that area...

Quoted from Mikey_345
I love JT but over the last few years his constant negativity has warn abit thin now...

I’ve said elsewhere now we see the game with commentary you realise how much is called wrong.  For example he was itching to have a go at Gibson last Saturday for been offside so much so he didn’t notice it wasn’t him - and that isn’t an isolated incident.

I unfortunately think it’s due a change up and I really hate saying it as I grew up listening to him commentating on us.

Could be due to that fact that in the main we have been crap.
Hurst early favourite for Shrews job   (reply) Posted by: AdamHaddock
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 1:17am
Has Doig heard anything yet?
Commentary   (reply) Posted by: Boris Johnson
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 1:11am
Johnny T for me.....you know the score
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: Connecticut Mariner
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 1:08am
Ball
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:55am
I want to live in your alternate universe Knut.

By the way, i think we would have beaten the Argies in the final had we got there.
Hurst early favourite for Shrews job   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:50am
Just one of the anti-Hurst comments on their forum although some would like him back

"If we are after a manager who has done nothing for the last 2 years,  already has more than half the fan base against him,  plays negative and doesnt know how to score goals"
Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:46am
In an alternate universe, Chris Waddle’s angled drive ricochets in off the post against West Germany in the 1990 WC Semi

Gazza holds back. Lineker holds it in. England hold on.

Diego does a number on us in the Final, mimes drinking a cup of tea - Alex Morgan style -  and captains Argentina to back-to-back World Cup victories.

The Sun gives away free airfix kits of the Belgrano, with bits missing, for the whole of the latter half of 1990 and beyond.

Rupert Murdoch orders The News of The World to hack the phones of Argentine celebrities but succeeds only in bugging a rickety villa owned by Aussie art dealers.

Fray Bentos pies are banned from UK supermarket shelves, even th...

Olly after Crawley win   (reply) Posted by: Southwark Mariner
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:32am
Slade, Jolley and now Holloway. Doesn't seem to matter which manager it is.
Ex-GTFC players thread   (reply) Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:25am
Vernam slotted home in Burtons 4-2 win this week
Olly after Crawley win   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:12am
Holloway needs to realise it’s a journalists job to ask questions. Simple. Struck me as unnecessarily angry last night. If JT has his tongue up Holloway’sarse when we performed badly people would soon be moaning.

I know JT can come over all Eeyorish on the commentary, but IH needs to suck up the questions and get on with making sure he doesn’t get asked difficult questions in the first place.
The Goals   (reply) Posted by: chiangmaimariner
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:10am
The whole match is on youtube now:

My general overview: Crawley looked like an average L2 team, and we looked better than them. Waterfall and Rose were immense.
Can't see us being in a relegation battle come the season end.  
Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Withnail
Date Posted: November 26, 2020, 12:10am
Cards on the table... I'm playing devil's advocate here.

I can't abide cheating, particularly in sport but that's no doubt as a result of the British sense of fair play. One of the really interesting aspects to come out of the Diego film is various commentators tell how many Latinos have a different perspective. They saw the Hand of God as being like a petulant street kid using his guile to get one over a slow witted member of the aristocracy. They think the rules are there to be broken if you're streetwise enough to get away with it. Something most of us would baulk at in the UK, when it comes to sport anyway.

I was livid when Maradona performed his infamous Hand of God. It was even more galling to see them then go on...

Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:52pm
First glimpse I had of him was Wembley 1980. This was a precursor to his World Cup goal against us, when he nonchalantly waltzed past the entire England defence and poked the ball just past the post. Would have been up there with the other one had it gone in. 55 seconds in.

Olly after Crawley win   (reply) Posted by: ginnywings
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:41pm
For a bit of balance, and to be fair to IH, it does seem that we are definitely more affected by covid than the majority of other teams are. We have a board that take financial prudence to the extreme and he had the double whammy of losing a good chunk of last years squad that he would have retained, and not getting the experienced players he wanted for this season, due to our insistence on trimming everything to the bone and adding the covid clause to contract negotiations in case the season never got underway. There was also the introduction of the salary cap on top of all that, although we did state that the cap was wanted and would be the amount we went with regardless. There now being no chance of extending the budget even if we wanted...

Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: promotion plaice
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:40pm

Chain
Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Manchester Mariner
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:36pm
My enduring memory of Maradona is not the handball. That was cheating but it isn’t the sort of cheating that made me despise him. It was in the 1994 World Cup when he ran full tilt towards the camera and there was this horribly distorted face clearly full of some sort of drugs filling the TV screen.  He tested positive shortly after.

Still a cracking goal mind.

Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: Connecticut Mariner
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:29pm
Bold
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: Connecticut Mariner
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:28pm
Albert
Maradona   (reply) Posted by: Thedonisthedon
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:22pm

Yes but George wasn’t a cheating b@stard was he?

[url] https://www.independent.co.uk/.....change-a8958591.html[/url]

No no.
Hurst early favourite for Shrews job   (reply) Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap
Date Posted: November 25, 2020, 11:21pm
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If I was in the Shrews board position, I'd go for Alexander.

Keith?
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.