Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Upcoming Fixtures   (reply) Posted by: SiteBot
Date Posted: 3 hours ago
Blocked Tables...

Click here to read more ...
Graham   (reply) Posted by: HertsGTFC
Date Posted: December 11, 2019, 12:30am
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Don't forget to get him a program on Saturday Dave.

Hope to see you back soon Graham.

I do remember when Dave got him a programme at Braintree once and Graham tried to sell it for £3.

GTFC means a lot to him and he means as much to us.
Graham   (reply) Posted by: PoutonStepover
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 11:34pm
Best wishes Graham, proper Town legend!
Christmas Crackers   (reply) Posted by: The Grim Reaper
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 11:14pm
I forgot how good we actually are. Great timing for an uplifting video

Graham   (reply) Posted by: GYinScuntland
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 11:02pm
Quoted from tarka

This comment is out of order. Like everyone else I hope Graham is OK and that this is only a minor setback but to use it as a stick to beat JF and anyone else at the club with is beneath contempt.

Brilliant, well done, there's always, always someone who'll take offence at whatever anyone says, all the time, at any opportunity.
Try reading the bloke's post again and putting it in context.
Graham   (reply) Posted by: denni266
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:48pm
Quoted from tarka

This comment is out of order. Like everyone else I hope Graham is OK and that this is only a minor setback but to use it as a stick to beat JF and anyone else at the club with is beneath contempt.

It was not ment to be used to beat JF with try reading it again without twisting it.  I have known Graham since he was little and he is there greatest fan  
Are the next 3 games the biggest of the season?   (reply) Posted by: bobbyturtle
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:42pm
frightening
Royal Family   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:34pm
Quoted from Ipswin

If 'Jap' for Japanese is racist then I'm flipping sure 'Frogs' for our French friends must be.

Calling the French frogs is an ethnic slur a form of racial epithet, but Rodders is cool with that.
Graham   (reply) Posted by: Thedonisthedon
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:33pm
Well I hope he's OK, ready to follow town again. I must declare my ignorance and say who is he. Still sendi g best wishes.
Graham   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:07pm
Get well soon big fella, great character to have around the club and his enthusiasm is infectious.
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: The Old Codger
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:02pm
I can’t believe our proud club and even prouder fans are prepared to put up with, or worse, to justify our mediocrity. Enough said.
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: Kris2
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 10:00pm
I think the reality is that all those clubs you mentioned are our future. We are probably on the way to being the next Stockport and tumbling down the leagues, they used to be in the same position as us years ago punching above their weight. We  are looking worse and worse each season, an endless number of players and managers through a revolving door. How many seasons will we barely scrape survival in League Two at the end of the season?

We should probably concentrate on our own problems instead of saying "at least we aren't so and so!".
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: louth_in_the_south
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:56pm
Town have been through equally dire patches in their history. The problem the club have now is that there is far more things for people to do on a Saturday so if they drift away they’re lost and so are future generations. The negative effects of social media is also a real threat to the fanbase that weren’t there 50 years ago .
Time to wake up GTFC and back the next manager instead of this penny pinching austerity.
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:43pm
Hair
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:42pm
Haha!

Sitter
Are the next 3 games the biggest of the season?   (reply) Posted by: moosey_club
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:40pm
Quoted from 3362,

Ideally that action is to get a new manager in this week, and Fenty to allow that manager to get some qualtiy players in January necessary to play the new managers preferred system.

Failure to act will be Fenty's biggest mistake yet.[/quote

The budget has gone....there will be no new quality players in January.....we are in fingers crossed,  hail Mary territory with JF hoping Limbrick will find a win in the remainder of his allotted 6 games to "justify" his appointment and that Macc fck up and lose points or drop out altogether.
We all fear what's coming ..... A failure to sell out our ends against Scunny...unthinkable at the start of the season...Hurst stealing the po

Ex-GTFC players thread   (reply) Posted by: Abdul19
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:34pm
Ashley Chambers scores for Kidderminster at Guiseley
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: TownSNAFU5
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:28pm
In response to the  question above, my dad went to many games throughout the 1930s.  He told me earlier this year that he particularly remembers the record attendance v Wolves (31,651) which was 1936 I think. (God knows what the queues were like at HT for the toilets).

At the above game, when he was 11, he was selling matches and chocolates to fans in the Barratt Stand.  He had a “tray”, similar to what they used to have in cinemas during the break.

The chocolates came from Betmead’s Chocolate shop, which was near the ground. Betmead was part of our famous trilogy of Hall, Betmead and Buck.

He said that the crowd were so densely-packed in that orders and money were passed ...

A reality check   (reply) Posted by: Northbank Mariner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:21pm
Quoted from tintowner
We could/will possibly be third bottom on saturday (after the Carlisle  loss).

Scunthorpe could then boast of sending us to the bottom of the league.

....or am I just being too much of a defeatist.

The title of the thread is "A reality check"... you've summed it up nicely imo.
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: tintowner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:19pm
We could/will possibly be third bottom on saturday (after the Carlisle  loss).

Scunthorpe could then boast of sending us to the bottom of the league.

....or am I just being too much of a defeatist.
Christmas Crackers   (reply) Posted by: moosey_club
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:19pm
Was hoping this thread was going to include some corny jokes to raise the mood.
If Macclesfield collapse   (reply) Posted by: Northbank Mariner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:17pm
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Dangerous to to hope for safety on the back of the demise of a club. Sol left being owed £180,000 in wages, I read. Amazing they contracted him on those wages when there was nothing in the coffers. I want Macc to survive as two clubs going down the pan is bad for the FL and football in general. The PL should really put more of its money into the IMO.
How long ago was the ITV digital fiasco (18-19 years ago?). That messed up a lot of clubs financially.

It still is, that's why one man can't and won't sell this club!!
If Macclesfield collapse   (reply) Posted by: hampshiremariner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:15pm
Dangerous to to hope for safety on the back of the demise of a club. Sol left being owed £180,000 in wages, I read. Amazing they contracted him on those wages when there was nothing in the coffers. I want Macc to survive as two clubs going down the pan is bad for the FL and football in general. The PL should really put more of its money into the IMO.
How long ago was the ITV digital fiasco (18-19 years ago?). That messed up a lot of clubs financially.
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: Northbank Mariner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:14pm
Says so much when you see how few people are on the Fishy...the clubs killing the fans...thus board needs to wake up to the reality of the situation before it's too late...that's if it isn't already for most right now 😭
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:11pm
Shitter
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:07pm
Band
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: hampshiremariner
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:05pm
Knit and natter would be a better pastime than following GT at the moment.
Carlisle   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:05pm
They are away to Cardiff if they win tonight,

So nothing to get excited about.
A reality check   (reply) Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 9:00pm
Quoted from promotion plaice

I was just trying to make myself feel a bit better but it didn't work  

It was a good try but something feels even more wrong than usual at the moment. It’s got to the stage where I don’t even want to think about Town a lot of the time, which has never happened in 40 odd years as a fan! I’m just so sick and tired of it all, and there’s no end in sight. Happy days...
Jim Smith   (reply) Posted by: grimsbybrown
Date Posted: December 10, 2019, 8:59pm
I remember when he was getting abuse from the main stand when we were beating Pompey, it was 3-0 I think, that kind of scoreline seems like a dream now...

Anyway he got so angry even his bald patch glowed bright red!  

Great character, he was laughing once he'd calmed down...
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.