Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Search Results - Recent posts as of less than a minute ago
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Formation   (reply) Posted by: geir
Date Posted: 3 minutes ago
Quoted from golfer
Can we sign those 2 wingers from Rosenborg there aren't any for sale in England.

I think you can have at least one of them - probably being released soon. But I have to warn you that he (Helland) is a bit injury prone, and would probably be out for most of the time after meeting some of the big defenders of League Two.
Fishy Adverts   (reply) Posted by: promotion plaice
Date Posted: 19 minutes ago
Quoted from lukeo

Wow wow wowwwww. I've got 2 years on you on this board how did you get mod

Ps congrats

I'll take that as a compliment  

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 26 minutes ago
Quoted from arryarryarry

It would be interesting how much in guarantees are the board looking for because if that figure of £325,000 over several years is right, in the scheme of things that isn't much.

It could be £325,000 in one year. That's the commitment. Obviously if in one year we end up with drastically lower income than budgeted for and all that £325k is swallowed up, we don't know if he'll do it another year.

Bear in mind the turnover in 2018 was £3m that's a significant % of income.

But you're right, it would be unreasonable to expect the prospective buyers to guarantee more.
Junior agogo   (reply) Posted by: monkeyboy
Date Posted: 31 minutes ago
Poor guy suffered before having a bad stroke when he was 36. Rip
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 36 minutes ago
Card
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: 39 minutes ago
Cocky. Well done Andy still a bit of catching up to do  
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: 39 minutes ago
Cocky. Well done Andy still a bit of catching up to do  
ICENIAN PREDICTION LEAGUE, WEEK 4   (reply) Posted by: Abdul19
Date Posted: 42 minutes ago
WATFORD 1-0 WEST HAM UNITED
FULHAM 3-1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST (Nap)
ROCHDALE 1-1 BLACKPOOL
COLCHESTER UNITED 1-1 NORTHAMPTON TOWN
LEYTON ORIENT 2-0 CRAWLEY TOWN
WOKING 0-2 SOLIHULL MOORS

Goals: 13
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: grimsby pete
Date Posted: 42 minutes ago
Test
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: gtfc98
Date Posted: 47 minutes ago
Quoted from GrimRob
To make this thread easier to moderate we have moved some of the contents into an archive which is not visible to non-moderators. All recent posts have been kept and a few of the earliest messsages. Many of the posts which have been removed are perfectly OK but have been removed as they are old and have largely been read

The messages have not been deleted and may be restored at some point in the future once the dust has settled and a resolution to the ongoing talks has been reached.

To help us moderate this discussion please try not to post "inside information" about the talks. Opinions are fine but please don't post facts which are not in the public domain or your posts (and any replies quoti

Click here to read more ...
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 56 minutes ago
cricket
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Date Posted: 56 minutes ago
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To be fair to Fenty arry, he has provided guarantees totalling £325,000 for several years.

As we know, more has been taken out in terms of loan repayments in recent years.

It would be interesting how much in guarantees are the board looking for because if that figure of £325,000 over several years is right, in the scheme of things that isn't much.
Fishy Adverts   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 58 minutes ago
Quoted from lukeo

Ps congrats

Bet you've got to be a Mason or a Freeman.  
Date Posted: August 22, 2019, 10:38pm
Quoted from arryarryarry

So as I understand it JF and the current board want proof of funding going forward.

My question therefore is has JF and the current board guaranteed funding going forward if the club isn't sold? Also how much has JF and the current board put into the club in the past 3 years?

To be fair to Fenty arry, he has provided guarantees totalling £325,000 for several years.

As we know, more has been taken out in terms of loan repayments in recent years.
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: Rik e B
Date Posted: One hour ago
I think I heard Fenty is a guarantor though that hasn't been required as the Club making a profit. But like has been touched upon, with Fenty gone the Club wouldn't be paying him back 200k per annum and surely that extra in the coffers each term would go a long way to covering any rainy-day fund needed?
Fishy Adverts   (reply) Posted by: lukeo
Quoted from promotion plaice

Now you know why I've just become a moderator  

Ps congrats
Grimsby V Port Vale (H) Predictions   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Town 2 - Vale 2
500 from the Potteries
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Quoted from Rik e B
Agreeing a sale price for Grimsby Town is not the stumbling block with regards to a proposed takeover of the club, according to John Fenty.

Of course, that has not proved to be the case.

Speaking as a guest on the Burnsy Show – on BBC Radio Humberside – the club’s majority shareholder revealed that, while a sale price is not the issue, further checks still have to be made by Town and the EFL.

Mr Fenty said: “It was agreed many, many months ago. There was an offer I accepted, so that’s all done and dusted. There is no stumbling block over that whatsoever.

“From the football club’s point of view, proof of funding and passing the fit and proper test,

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: The Old Codger
Quoted from GrimRob

I may be naive but aren't there some people who just buy football clubs for the glory/buzz/ego/attention/love? I know without a new ground we'll probably struggle to stay in this division long-term, maybe Shutes wouldn't be interested without the commercial opportunities attached to it, but would it really stop every other potential owner?

I agree Rob. There are many owners who have clubs as a vanity project, some who can afford to and others that can’t. Some become bottomless pits whilst others thrive, some owners are lucky, others aren’t. What doesn’t help is our geographical location.
Mr Burns   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  

I bet your mental arithmetic is better than most Maths graduates though.
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: GrimRob
Quoted from The Old Codger

Well yes, but the club isn’t worth buying without the regeneration and commercial opportunities in the background. Mr Shutes is absolutely right to line his ducks up (or whatever the phrase is.)

I may be naive but aren't there some people who just buy football clubs for the glory/buzz/ego/attention/love? I know without a new ground we'll probably struggle to stay in this division long-term, maybe Shutes wouldn't be interested without the commercial opportunities attached to it, but would it really stop every other potential owner?
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: Northbank Mariner
Quoted from ska face

Don’t give up the day job, not sure you’ve a future in accountancy.

And your saying I'm wrong??...go check it for yourself...he has a net worth of -£2.3 million...and that is a fact before the mods jump on me.  
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The Directors loans dropped at some point because MIke Parker changed £350,000 of loans into shares as per an agreement with Fenty. I think Fenty did the same for a much smaller amount.

Aye. Called up share capital:

Year   Amount         Change on previous year
2010: £510,700
2011: £1,506,900    +£996,200
2012: £2,058,500    +£551,600
2013: £2,059,100    +£600
2014: £2,112,400    +£53,300
2015: £2,173,800    +£61,400
2016: £2,272,400    +£98,600

So the big...

Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: fishyfanny
Lords
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: fishyfanny
Thanks lads

Cocks
Grimsby V Port Vale (H) Predictions   (reply) Posted by: Fishbone
Town 1 - Port Fail 0
Green
4556 (190)
Mr Burns   (reply) Posted by: lew chaterleys lover
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  

I have a grade 2 in CSE maths so no is the answer.  
Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.   (reply) Posted by: White_shorts
Quoted from golfer
Everton dock stadium to cost £half a billion

£500 million for a 50,000 capacity works out as £10,000 per seat. If Town's new ground has 15,000 seats, that could cost £150 million.

I don't know if infilling a dock is relatively cheap compared to the price of building a stadium once the foundation has settled.

Mr Burns   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner

Come on Kingston - ANY vision is better than what we have now!

It is not up to us who can or cannot take over - we will judge the new regime on their decisions and progess, or lack of, in due course.

Now even you're telling me to shut up! Are you an acountant too?  
Its happening!!! The takeover!!!   (reply) Posted by: The Old Codger
Date Posted: 2 hours ago
Quoted from promotion plaice

Surely after the JF interview on RH the spotlight is now on Shutes, what more can JF do now ?

Well yes, but the club isn’t worth buying without the regeneration and commercial opportunities in the background. Mr Shutes is absolutely right to line his ducks up (or whatever the phrase is.)
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.